Dizzy's diary

Well done on your WI!
Second week will be a breeze (don't read my journal on my second week ...k?) .
You are the classic pear shape? This is where we differ: when I stand up and put my legs together, I resemble a lolli-pop.
Ordering the dress? Good for you! That will be a nice incentive to stay on this program.
I will keep on peeping in on you this coming week if you don't mind

Hi, i dont mind at all, feel free. Its nice to think that people read this and i love reading and posting on other peoples. Feels like a club doesnt it. Today was ok. I am fine all day, no problems, no cravings until 6.30ish and then im terrible. I want to eat anything and everything. I save my bar for night time and it feels like a real treat. I went to a party tonight and the buffet smelt gorg. It was a hot buffet. I drank soda water all night and thought about my bar waiting at home for me. It seems so long till the next WI. Oh Yeah, talking about WI, i didnt really enjoy my group session. The leader hardly got to talk cos there is a group who are quite lively and whilst it was good listening to their experiences, i dont think i learnt anything. We didnt even finish the bit we were supposed to. I will try again next week. I was placing so much hope on the sessions to sort out my cravings.xxx

Glad the day was easier, I seem to hit that wall the same time as you, but I got up this morning and decided that I am going to do something in between all my packs this weekend to help it fly by and my mind not wander!

Congrats on avoiding the buffet and sticking to your water, hope that felt like some kind of achievement, if not it should have its a difficutl thing to do!

As for the group sessions, its a shame you feel your not getting much out of thm they are fabulous and really help. If you find in a week or so its still not working for you is it worth moving group, my LLC has a number of groups per week.

Good luck for the weekend xx

Day nine or week 2 day ?? Whichever i feel really proud that im sticking to this. I just hope i continue to lose. I always feel like im the one that it wont work for. Im feeling really healthy as well. The six pound has made a real difference. I went out in tight jeans last night and they were so much easier to put on. The party last night was really nice, but also sad in some ways. My mum is one of 15 children. They are now all gettin old of course and they lined up for a photo at the end and there is only 8 still remaining. My mum is number 13 and one of the youngest:( but it was nice for them all to get together again.
Todays menu - Porridge 10am, vanilla shake 1.30pm, veg soup 6.30pm and a nut fudge bar some time in the evening.
Exercise for today - Horse ride, bike ride 10 miles, walk dogs
xx

ur doin well dizzy... the weeks will fly by soon x

Day 10 - this weekend has been suprisingly easy. Ive still had cravings but its not been too difficult to ignore them. Ive started cutting my bar down the centre long ways then cutting it into lots of little chunks, freezing them and eating them slowly. Its like having a bag of sweets:) I have it at about 9pm every night.
Im not constipated at all, dont know whether its the drink flavourings but something is working. ive not done any extra exercise this weekend except caring for the horse. I feel good but dont seem to have much energy. My skin is looking clear as well.
Im still working on the negative thoughts that creep in occasionaly.
Not much to say today.x

Never thought of cutting the bar like that...hmmmm, good idea!

Did you get up enough nerve and try the chili con carne? Heard mixed reviews about this.

:( chilli con carne wasnt nice at all. Well i didnt like it anyway but ive found that no two people are the same on this plan. I love vanilla and choc shakes, veg and curry soups and nut fudge, toffee and lemon bars oh and the porridge has grown on me as well.

Your photo is BEAUTIFUL!! You are a very lovely woman! like mine? LOL Best I can do for now, as i detest my photo being taken.

Will give the chili a try next week. Again, reviews are mixed and I too like the choco and vanilla shakes. Soups were gagging me the last couple of days so this is why I opted for just porridge, shakes and bars this week. Shame really as the soups still smell lovely. Oh well, give my tummy a rest from them and Who knows what will happen.
tc and enjoy your week.

Hey, that sounded like a nice relaxed weekend on the food/thoughts front. It makes the weekends easier I findmwhen you have weekends like that!

Good idea with the bars, just wish I liked them. It would be nice to have some choice, I only like the vanilla, strawberry & banana shakes!

Have a great day xx

Day 11 done and dusted. Again it was fairly easy. The water flavourings are helping me drink alot more water. Think im doing about 4 or 5 litres most days with the packs. Ive had a dull head ache all day today though :( ive been writing/typing most of the day so that hasnt helped. Ive started adding tobasco to the soups which adds a nice bit of spice. Ive been to the farm, walked the dogs for 3 miles and now im in my pjs enjoying a nice cup of tea and some flavoured fizzy water.
I cant imagine myself getting to a size 12. I just dont think i can be that size. In fact i cant imagine being a size 14. Im trying to do positive thinking and imagine myself being 4 stone lighter but i cant. I think i have a mental blockx

Well just you start thinking about your size goal, it will certainly help you. I have a vision board, on there it has all sorts, a scales with my ideal weight, a beauitful size 12 dress, holiday destinations, man of my dreams lol when i feel a little despondent I open it nd remind myself of where I am going.....it works, believe me x

You are doing brilliantly, stay positive beautiful xx

Well today i am really down. I got on the scales cos i felt so much lighter (i know i shouldnt) and ive lost 1lb since last weigh in. I only have two days to go. I can not do this plan to only lose 1 or 2 lbs per week:( Ive been so good and 100%. Whats up with me?

Marilou's Lighter Life Diary

I am on week 2 of Lighter Life and feel much more positive after reading your posts. It really helps to know that other people are going through the same emotions. I only lost 5 and three quarters the first week. I am getting weighed tonight again. I have stuck to it but haven't been exercising much. Must try to exercise more next week. I can't remember my ticker pin. How do I get it?

Hi, im not sure about your ticker pin - is there a "forgot my pin" button to click? I dont know what i will do if i go on thurs and have only lost 1 or 2lb. Its not worth it for that. I know i can lose that eating a normal diet if i stick to 100% like ive stuck to this 100%. I know my scales are the same as llc cos i checked it when i got back last week. This should be a good week for me cos totm was last week.x

Hi, im not sure about your ticker pin - is there a "forgot my pin" button to click? I dont know what i will do if i go on thurs and have only lost 1 or 2lb. Its not worth it for that. I know i can lose that eating a normal diet if i stick to 100% like ive stuck to this 100%. I know my scales are the same as llc cos i checked it when i got back last week. This should be a good week for me cos totm was last week.x

I only lost a 1lb last week.. was gutted.. so my LLC told me to add a litre of water extra to my day.... helped a lot.. x

Have decided that im extemeley grumpy today and everything is p!$$ing me off. Im having hassles over my horse with the yard owner and will prob have to sell him. Then (i will have to tell you a bit of background) my hubbie met someone on holiday 21 yrs ago and had two week fling (we only bin together 10 years) but they have always stayed friends with texts etc. Ive met her a few times and i know there is nothing between them but today on face book he has put a message for her birthday which says "happy Birthday sugar". SUGAR! I dont think he has ever put a comment for me, even on my birthday or mothers day and he has certainly not called me SUGAR!! Before i divorce him am i being a tad unreasonable girls? I can take it from you lot lol. Is it the diet thats causing this mood or the fact that im so down cos ive not lost anything. Feel like giving it all up and going getting some chocolate. Im really miserable and ive got to work late tonight.x

Aw hunny, I dont like seeing you like this, you have done so well and had a fab attitude since you started LL, so its sad to see you feeling so down.

Right lets break this lot down!

Firstly, step away from th scales, arghhhhhhhhh dont do it to yourself seriously. It is best to weigh on the LL scales only or things like the crooked thinking kicks in. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you get on the scales this week.

If you are having hassles with the yard owner, could you just move your horse instead of selling him. Yards are a pain in the rear, so much back stabbing and moaning going on. I know its cliche but things will look brighter in the morning.

Right hubby and the holiday fling, clues in the questiong my lovely that and the fact if there was any chance of him and her then he had ample opportunities before you came along. SUGAR, would it pi$$ me off, yes, would I make a big deal of it, probably not if I really loved him after all its you he is sharing his life with.

I think its a case of everything has escalated for you into a world of negativity. Try to take a step back and reassess the situation, it isnt that bad honestly and you are a strong woman who can kick all these problems into touch.

Kepp smiling beaut xxxx

Hi Tbs,
Thank you, i needed that. I dont know what came over me today. Everyday i am getting texts from the yard owner about my horse. Mine and hers are the same age (8) and breed and when they see each other they play. She doesnt like hers running around cos he loses his shoes and if mine isnt there he doesnt do it. Also mine has taken to biting rugs so he now has to wear a muzzle, which means he cant really graze so he gets bored and wants to torment the others. Have tried lots of local yards but no one has any room. I feel like the mum of the naughty kid at school lol.
Ive calmed down a bit over the "sugar thing" as well. Ive not mentioned it to him yet...not sure if i will or not. It just really wound me up the wrong way. I know that when they got back from "the fling" he tried to continue it and she wasnt interested so in a way i feel like second best, although he met me years later.
im not hungry today at all - but my head wants food. I had to talk to a group of foster carers tonight and one of them had baked the most gorgeous looking fancy cakes. I didnt have one but i found myself staring at them the way you stare at a spot on someones face. I had to stop myself smelling and licking them (didnt think it would go down to well). All the way home i kept telling myself to stop at the services for some goodies. But i managed to remember that that was the old me. A few weeks ago i would have gone in for a few bars and bags of goodies.
Ive come in at 10pm and had my soup and my bar is in the freezer waiting for me. Gonna watch the biggest loser usa and eat it. I am not going to weigh myself anymore. Think i might get hubby to hide the scales.x

Yay, happy you are feeling better about things.

OMG, seriously your yard owner needs to get a grip they are animlas and will play and fight and run around like they have been possessed! Actually I love to see them doing that than looking bored stiff grazing! One of mine loves to play with one other horse in particular and it is so cute to see them. The thing is her horse could lose shoes anywhere and I would question why they are comiung off. I can imagine your horse is actually treading on their shoes to pull them off, its more likely the horse is treading on itself. As for rug biting, thats a pain up the a$$ I know having had a number of rugs trashed by others, but so what ist not the end of the world patch it up. Her horse could actually tear it in the field if your horse wasnt there so its not like the rug would stay immaculate if your horse wasnt there! I cannot believe yours has to wear a muzzle, there is not a hope in h*ll one of mine would for that reason, so I think you have been very accomodating! I think she is only moaning because she can as the yard owner. I would just get yourself on some lists, spaces ususally come up quite quick. Dont fret over it though its really not worth it.

You are sooooo NOT second best, he is lucky to have you!! You must remove that thought at once, because it's a damaging one. Push the sugar thing out your mind and concentrate on you she doesnt deserve your thinking time. lol

Well done resisiting the cakes, your description of licking and smelling did make me laugh!

Have a good day xx

Back