Dizzy's diary

Well thats day four done and on to day five. I havent felt hungry for two days but crave terrible. I worked later last night and then got in, got changed and got my bike out to go to the farm and do the horse. I felt so tired on the bike and seem to be lacking in energy rather than bursting with it as some people say. I did all the jobs at the farm, lunged the horse and then cycled home (3.25 miles round trip). I felt ill when i got in so i got a warm bath. I was shivering all night and ended up in pjs, a hoodie and thick socks. I went bed earlier than usual but got up feeling so tired. I just want to go strait back to bed :( Good news is im not hungry. I was also a little dissapointed that i got on the scales this morning and have lost 4lb, i know thats a lb per day but was hoping that i might lose a stone in my first week like some people do. It is my time of the month as well. I am thinking it will be about 6lb by Thursday. I think im feeling a bit down:( need to pick myself up. Ive got a really busy week so hopefully it will fly by so that i can start to feel better again.
I had the toffee bar last night it was so YUMMY. I had it about 8.45pm and it felt like such a treat. Im going to try the peanut crunch one tonight. What is the cranberry and lemon one like guys? Todays food is: Porridge 8am/ strawberry shake 2pm/ choc shake 7pm/ peanut crunch bar 9pm.
xxx

Hey Dizzy, its rubbish you are feeling a little poorly at the moment, just make sure you look after yourself!

Get rid of your scales, thats the worse thing you can do is weigh yourself at home. Its really not worth it, you could end up sabotaging yourself when you dont need too. Also its much more exciting gettting on the scales and having that excited anticpation of how much will I lose this week. I think I was like you and wanted to lose about a stone in the first week, but realistically knew I wouldb not because of the years of food abuse, yo yo dieting and messing up my metabolism. I lost 8lb and was over the moon!

I think I'm trying to look at my weight loss differently now. I did have have a couple of 3lb weeks which disappointed me. So now I am focusing on the fact that my weightloss is consistent and not 1/2lb up or 1/2lb down as it would have been with WW or something similar.

I like the cranberry bar more than the others. I dont have them all the time though just if I have busy days with meetings, they are easier than messing around with the shakes.

Get well soon xx

Hi TB, Thanks for that. I do feel a bit less spaced out now than i did before. I think i wil be having a bar a day because i love having something sweet to look forward to at the end of the day. It gets me through the day. I have really messed up my metabolism and the band just made this worse. My body is so used to eating little portions. Im not going to get weighed again at home. I dont think i will lose anywhere near a stone but one can live in hope lol.

xx

Chin up my lovely x

I considered a band but I am such a wimp I couldnt have gone through with it. This is definately working for me so pleased I went down the LL route now. xx

hey Dizzy... the cranberry bar is beautiful!!! x

DAY6 - I started yesterday not feeling too good but it picked up. I was still tired so went bed early but got up feeling quite energetic, so thats good. I think i might be going off the porridge. I dont think i will get any this week. Which of the bars are chocolate covered? I know the toffee is because i love that one. The peanut crunch was ok but i do like a bit of chocolate on my bars. Ive narrowed the shakes down to chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, and the soups to Veg and curry. I think i might try the mix a mousse this week. Do the water flavourings taste of sweetener? Cant decide whether to try any. Im not finding it too difficult to stick to the shakes at the moment and i find my cravings tend to go when i have had a shake/bar/soup. I am going to exercise again today now that i am feeling more energetic. Im going disco roller skating tonight with my twin 16yr olds and some friends. I used to rock at roller skating in the 80s! Today is going to be a difficult day as i am giving evidence all day in a final hearing (im a Childrens Guardian for CAFCASS, which basically means i represent the wishes, feelings, and most importantly best interests of children in public and private law proceedings). I love my job and do love being in court but this week i have tons of reports due for other cases. Never mind, working from home thurs and fri.
Ive been thinking alot about my negative feelings. Most of the time im ok with this diet but then the odd nagging thought comes into my head like 'this is a waste of time, you will give up after 2 weeks' or 'you will put the weight back on'. I have become aware of this though and am starting to talk myself through the negative bits and reminding myself that the positive thoughts will be back soon. Not bad considering ive not had a group session yet lol.
Todays menu - Porridge 7.30am, choc shake 1pm, straw shake 6.30pm, toffee bar 9.30pm.
Ive been drinking 3 litres of water per day but cant manage any more than that. How much is everyone else drinking?

Hey dizzy.. i have been drinking litres but my LLC has advised me to add another litre to my day..... gosh im gonna be on the loo 24/7 x

Hey Dizzy, sorry I cant remember which are covered in chocolate, I know one of them has white choc on it though (might be lemon) ask your LLC she can tell you. As for the water flavourings I dont find them sweet, it depends how much you put in I think to be honest, but they defo help in the toilet department!

Your job sounds very impressive!

Roller disco sounds like a right laff, cant wait to hear how you get on. :D

I had those thoughts the first few weeks but tried to busy my mind with other things, once I got past the two weeks it got easier. I also think I was high on my weighloss lol

Are you going to get any counselling?

I usually manage 4 litres a day plus packs water. :D xx

Hi Dizzy,
Thought I would pop in before I go to bed and see how you are doing.
I found the bars are triggers for me and not really filling as well as the soup and shakes. I like the lemon bar the most (right now). I find it 'fresh' tasting and it does have a white lemon chocolate coating. I had the peanut one tonight - yummy. Nut fudge wasn't too bad, peeps in my group really seem to like it along with the Toffee one. Well that is my thoughts on those.
I tried the banana shake - YUK!! too sweet. Stick now to vanilla and chocolate. Soups are just the veg for now. Tried the tomato and forced that down. A gal in the group suggested adding basil and some tobbasco to it? May give that a try.

I hear ya on those negative thoughts - I had them too and they will still creep back in. I just keep thinking that I am worthy of losing this weight. I also keep in mind that how many morbid obese peeps over 50 or 60 do I see in the world. The answer is not many if any at all. Is this how I want my life to end? Cause I know if I keep going the way I was...I won't make it past that age either.

I wish you best of luck on your weigh in tomorrow! You will be so happy!
xx

oops forgot to add about the water flavourings. I have the sunshine orange? or something called that. Not bad for a taste but I can taste the sweetner in it. Again, that is just my thought. I am more of a savoury person to be honest.

Day 7 - wow one week without normal food. I feel really good today. I ordered a dress yesterday for a wedding im going in august and i ordered it in a small size. How many pounds do you have to lose to go down a dress size? At the moment im in size 18 jeans and a mix of 16 and 18 tops. I have some dresses for work that are fitted at the top and flared from the waist and i can get in a 16 in them. I have a huge ass, and thighs. My tummy is fairly flat and from waist up is not too bad. Classic pear shape. Well i ordered a 12 in the dress. Cant tell hubby cos he will think i am completley mad. I am so determined to do this though. Last night was hard. I had cooked one of them chicken in the bag things, have you seen them in supermarkets. You throw veg and chicken in a bag with seasoning, seal it and cook in oven. Well it looked and smelt wonderful and i so wanted to eat some. But i served up and walked out the room.
I think i said in an earlier post that i have a gastric band. It has slipped and is in the wrong place at the moment, meaning i cant drink too much at once, and it makes me vomit quite often. I am getting the last of the fluid taken out of it today. It will mean that i can drink fizzy water for the first time in five years. Also when i get to RTM i can eat fruit and veg as i havent been able to do this either.
Im working from home today writing reports and in the past this was always a time to pick. Biscuit with a cup of tea etc. Time to break some habbits. Its my first counselling group session tonight and i cant wait. Also my first weigh in.
Todays menu - 9.30 chocolate shake, 1.30pm straw shake, 6pm vanilla shake, 9.30 pm lemon bar.
xxx

good luck tonight chick and im sure you will easily fit in your size 12 i think the average works out about 14-21lb loss per dress size but im sure that varies greatly as we all lose weight from different places first etc x

all the best for WI x

I was curious about howmuch you need to lose to drop a dress size, on the net it said a stone, which kinda makes sense because I started LL at an 18 and can now get into 14's (just about) and I have lost 27lb.

I think you did the right thing with the dress, you will get into it I am sure. I am going to buy my bikini this week in a 12 for my holiday in August, we will all be skinny minnies by then lol

Those Chicken in the bag meals looks so gorgeous on the TV.

Hope your band appointment went well and good luck with your WI, cant wait to hear how you got on xx

Hi everyone. Wanted to let you all know that i lost....6lb. I am pleased honestly but really wish it was much more...but dont we always want more than we get.
I thought weigh in day would be really easy to get through, and it was until i came home. Then i just wanted to eat. I have thought about it and im sure its because when i was on ww or sw i always had a "treat" on WI night. The band appt went well and i only have 2 mil in it now. That means i can now drink fizzy drinks and when i switch to lite or RTM i can eat fruit veg and meat. So tonight i made myself sparkling water with orange flavourin in it and a had a lemon bar. I love the lemon bars. They are gorgeous. This weekend is going to be a huge test for me cos we out friday and saturday nights. I need to stick with it. Do these negative feelings ever go away? Do the cravings get less?

Right, its time for bed for me. Night all.xxx

well done on ur wi!!!! nearly half a stone gone!!!

Well done, 6lb is a brilliant start. Dont forget to update your ticker, thats a real motivation to see that go down!

I had those I deserve a treat thoughts, but after a week or two they disappeared because the ampount of weight I was losing was a bigger boost than a takeaway on the way home knowing that some of the weight would go back on and I would be out of Ketosis. I dont even think about it now, I have a pack or a bar when I get home, I am also trying to stop using foods for celebrations and treats but it is difficult because others still do it.

I think the negative feelings definately subside, not sure they disappear completely but getting into a smaller size and mini goals push them to the back of your mind.

Glad the appointment went well.

Onto your 2nd week, they just fly by now....xx

Aww thanks guys. I got up this morning feelng more positive. Im in the office all day today which will be a first whilst on the plan. And today someone does the bacon butty run. Im not that bothered cos i dont like cooked breakfast.
Im out tonight but i really wish i was coming home and putting my pjs on and just watching tv. Dont think we will go out tomorrow.
Todays menu - porridge 8am, choc shake 1.30pm, veg soup 7pm, bar 9pm ish.
Have a good day everyone.xxx

Back