Do any of you cheat?

I'm in my 8th week.. haven't cheated but I have had add a meal weeks, as suggested to have every 4th week for CD Diet in my country.

If you feel the urge to 'cheat' I think it's best to have some chicken or something.. you'll eat something nice and you'll still be in ketosis ^.^

I have to say that I have 'cheated' on my Weigh day & had some chicken & salad & maybe a chocolate bar, but saying that it totally depends what week it is, if its TOTM then I will have that chocolate bar as I crave sweet things sooo much at that time, but lately I think whats the point as It leads to eating more & more soI say have what your 'allowed' & thats it.

I also think that being in ketosis does not affect my weight losses, I can be in ketosis or not & still have the same weight losses.
Bizarre...

I guess if people want to treat themselves but are worried about getting back into the swing of things, the best thing to do is find a non food treat to keep them going. That's certainly what I plan to do anyway :)

I have been SSing for 2 weeks and yesterday had a planned lunch. I went to KFC (yes I know how bad it is) and had a chicken burger- minus the bread, mayo etc and was stuffed after I had it with a diet coke (no fries). I felt in control because I ahd palnned it and felt satisfied because I was lovely, full and had shared a normal meal with my family. I had it with 2 SS packs and that was it yeasterday. I used a ketostick this morning- still pink woohoo and weighed myself and had sts from yesterday morning. I am glad about this as it gave me motivation to keep going for another couple of weeks. I am just aware of taht naughty voice in my head saying "well, it was ok last week, have it again and have more!" I will be in control as when I "cheat" I give up but because it was planned it is ok and I am in control! Sorry if this is a ramble.......

As I have said in an earlier post, I cheat with low carb stuff, and usually the week after I have had a good loss (cos I think I deserve it!).

However, I went from cheating only when I felt I had to (at birthday parties or a planned evening out) to cheating friday sat and sunday.

The weeks I cheated almost daily with an extra treat the following week I lost little, nothing or put on a couple of pound through the week.

However I am not being too hard on myself... I have to let myself have the odd low carb treat otherwise I know I could not face another 3-4 months of this. But with 1 or 2 low carb treats a week (the odd small lump of cheese or piece of ham) I am having no problem thinking of continuing this way of eating past Christmas and into the new year.

It's horses for courses I suppose. I find that if I particularly want something sweet I will have a bar (have been buying atkins ones as well) and have a cold chocky shake and that seems to put pay to it.

It doesnt mean that I dont fall to sleep and dream that I have cheated (last night I drempt I had a glass of champers and cake) but thankfully I wake up and I havent...phew!

Last edited:
I've had a hard time starting SS then falling off the wagon, then getting back on then falling off, and I've always managed maybe after even 1 meal to get back on the wagon but each time it's harder esp if you eat normal food you get so hungry the next day and go through all the pain again. Subsequently I've just been working on what triggers me and trying to fathom out why and make plans to stop me from going off plan for a meal.... Unless you can guarantee that it'll be only one meal it's just too much like torture to bear really!!!!

I feel very much the same way as Angie on this. This is a very tough diet and to stay on it for months you really need to be realistic and find ways of being able to keep you on the straight and narrow (and sane!). If this means planning controlled treats (or cheats) into your diet then that is better than aiming too high, feeling you have failed and going off the rails completely. Even if it does slow your weight loss slightly, you are still ahead. But control is the key word!

I think "cheat" is the appropriate word - who are you cheating - yourself or your counsellor?
To cheat your self can be very damaging as it can lead to feelings of failure. I think that is the damage - to your self belief and confidence.

However its horses for courses - we all react differently, but this is my take on it!
Hopefully we all get to the same result in the end {slim}

I think it's also to do with control, when I cheat/treat I know it's because I am extra hungry and if I dont I will reach for the cake or crisps, it is damage control. I try not to eat something just because I fancy it, because I want to move away from food as entertainment.

Before I make a food choice I question my reasoning for why I am doing it, if it is because 'I deserve it!' I do not listen. If the best part of my dieting mentality says 'cos if you don't I will upend this diet cart so you do eat' then I listen, and it's usually cos I am craving protein and piece of white fish or a chicken breast just wont do it! it's my safety valve, but I have had to watch that too, cos it can go from I crave nutrients to...mmmmm I really fancy bacon and eggs. Hopefully I am training myself in making good choices for the best of reasons

I think cheat is the right word for caving in in a completely unplanned way - like a major binge - or chips and a burger etc.

HOWEVER - we need a new word for planning to come off plan, as in for hols, weddings etc. Cheat is a negative and innapropriate word for that circumstance, and brands the experience as negative, which is discouraging, and makes it much harder to get back on the plan.

And no - I don't cheat.

I don't think I'd find an 'off plan' day every week a good long term strategy as it's still using food as some sort of reward isn't it - so not really addressing the underlying issue with food. Just my penny's worth.

I guess it's just what works for you.

hi i get weighed on sundays and have had my sunday lunch every week, and a weight watchers desert, ive lost 4 stone since march, prob not as much as others but this keeps me going, but i dont have all my cd shakes on this day only my breakfast one, and bk on track nxt day,

Back