Do I say anything??

email and text are good tools (IMO) you can ask stuff without blushing and givign yourself totally away .... I think you should sound him out in the upcoming weeks to your birthday, then wear a completely 'blow your mind' outfit and see how things go :)
in your heart of hearts does he have a thing for you too? is there any chemistry?

x

I don't know how to read what he says though, that's the problem.

I'm thinking I need to try and look as good for my birthday as possible! Am planning a trip to Thorpe Park and think he might be coming... but how good am I going to look after being thrown around a rollercoaster?! But then, it's a given really!!

Honestly.... I don't know. It's all pretty new to me, I don't have the slightest clue! I have no idea how to know what he thinks!

do you have any mutual friends that could subtly (sp??) ask the questions for you?

do you have any mutual friends that could subtly (sp??) ask the questions for you?

Nope. I know a couple of his friends, and he knows a couple of mine, but not enough for that. Only through me going to one of his gigs and bringing some of my friends with me.

:rotflmao:

You'll look like a woman who knows how to have fun!!!

Haha this is true...

It's all soooo confusing!!!

I've been thinking about this a bit today. And I think it's pretty clear that I do like him. What his feelings are however, I have no idea at all. So I have two options, either I just forget about it and move on. Now. Today. Or, I talk to him. And maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he does. I don't know. But at least that way there's no wondering. And I move on. If he doesn't like me because of my weight, well it'll hurt, but I deserve better. So unless he's a total arse, things will be alright eventually, even if awkward at first. And if he's an arse, well, I don't need him as a friend.

But now it's the figuring out how I say something. And when. I don't think I could do it to his face, at all! I feel sick at the thought!!

He hasn't really followed me around for 2 years. And surely just talking to someone for 2 years isn't something I can take as a sign of him liking me!?

I really don't know what tosay! I've never done the whole telling someone you like them thing. So I don't know how to tell him. Or what to say. Or when. Or anything!!

i wouldn't say anything next time i saw him i'd make sure i was looking and feeling good and i'd just see how the day went, at the end of the day if i still felt like it i'd make a subtle but firm move
but then i've never been backwards at coming forwards
your a good looking girls go enjoy yourself!

I would try and look for signals as another poster suggested, but you know you only live once so why not suggest going somewhere like pics or something and suss out if he fancies spending time with you. You haven't really got anything to lose, but a lot to gain !

Yeah, that's what I'm maybe thinking. It looks like I might possibly end up back in London for the rest of August/into early September as someone's contacted me about a job. But at the moment the job is only a possibility and he's not sure whether they are looking for someone. I don't even know what the job is! He sent me a message on facebook saying....

"Hi Caroline... there's a possibility of a job through August for someone who is motivated... would be excellent on the CV. Are you interested? Would be min £7.50 per hour plus incentive. Hard work, but rewarding. It's only a possibility at the moment... Let me know."

So yeah, doesn't tell me much! I don't know if it's here (Midlands) or London. Or what it is!

But anyway, to the point! If it's in London, I'll see about going down there for a month. Might be able to find a friend to stay with, or a short term let for a room. Depends on the hours and stuff. But yeah, it does mean that if I'm in London I've got more of a chance of figuring this out!

I'm all for the working out signals first. Believe me I don't want to make a fool of myself! But there are two issues here which mean I probably will end up making a fool of myself anyway! One that I'm 150 miles away, so just hanging out doesn't work. Though that would be solved by me being in London for a month. And secondly, I just don't know how to read signals!! At all. I'm actually the worst person when it comes to all this stuff!

I have just read your first post Caroline and immediately scrolled to the bottom to reply so apologies if I am repeating what anyone else says!

I would say go to www.amazon.co.uk

Purchase the DVD "He's Just Not That Into You" NB - I am NOT in anyway implying this to you!!!

Watch DVD

Understand signals from men!

Go from there!

I reckon, and sincerely believe that if he likes you he will make it happen and see you - so let him know you'd be up for a drink sometime and see what happens.......you might be suprised! If he doesn't throw the ball back, then move on and find someone else that IS into you!
xxxxx

Haha I've seen that film... I am the rule, not the exception! I have used this many a time in being guru to my friends!

My problem is, I can give great relationship advice. Some how I'm first stop for quite a few people But when it comes it me, I haven't the foggiest clue!

Maybe I'll have to watch it again!

My advice is to just tell him!

Say you think he is great and you really like him and wondered if he felt the same!

For the sake of 10 second embarassment you could end up with a lifetime of happyness.

I say GO FOR IT!

Go for it Caroline! You only live once!

The fact that he invited you to not only come along, but the photograph his gig is a good sign. Means he wanted you there AND wanted a reason to keep in contact after too. You've known him 2 years and have maintained a friendship (on and off the computer ;)) even though you live miles away, there must be some sort of spark.

I think we women tend to over analyse things though. Arrange a drink as a friendly gesture, be brave and confident and see where it takes you. You have nothing to lose. And if he says no because of your weight, then he is not worth it. If he says no for any other reason, just blame it on the alcohol! Lol

I am considering that as an option, if I have a few drinks and he says he doesn't like me, I'll just be like haha yeah, I didn't mean it, I was drunk!

I think you're right Lisa, I MAJORLY overanalyse things. Not just this, but everything. But it's just how I am, I can't actually help it!

Well maybe I'll get the opportunity sooner than I thought, I'm moving to London for the summer from Sunday! They wanted me from tomorrow, but house sitting, so no chance of that! So much to sort now though!

ohh, well good luck here in london then, hun!!!This just seems all far too familiar to me. Really!!! It's like we're just analyzing in the exact same way.lol...but since I've been loosing, I am more happy about myself and I think I've changed a bit...and at the moment I'd think I'd rather go for it and know where I stand. At least, whichever way things continue, I can move on. hugs, hun xxx

I'm from London originally and have spent most of my time there, so can't wait to get back!!

Are you going to say something to the guy you like then?

I think I've decided not to. I chatted to him on facebook a bit tonight and I just didn't get that vibe from him, at all. So I'm just going to move on and forget about it! I will probably end up seeing if he wants to meet for coffee or something anyway as he's got a few weeks off soon, but I'll go with no motive at all. And if I am wrong, then I guess I'll be proved wrong. In the mean time, I think I'm going to save myself the embarrassment and move on!

Back