Do I stop......social life?

flab fighter

The fat is melting away!
I love CD and since last year shed over 6 stones in 2 attempts. I have found confidence and have had a first date in a long time which is leading to a second date. Dating is such a social thing and I awkwardly ate taveners chicken with bacon and chesse with a salad (I never touched the chips that came with it and I didnt ask for, but the meal was atkins like and I hope I stayed in ketosis). I am seriously considering moving to SW and taking up running earlier than planned. Really dunno what to do. Jayne

I personally wouldn't give up Cambridge purely because of a social life, at the end of the day whats more important? going out for meals or losing weight & getting to goal? I've been for 4 meals during the 7 weeks i've been on cambridge. All of which i have had a plain grilled chicken breast and or a salad. Every single week i have lost weight. If having a social life & going for meals is important to you, you CAN go for something simple... for example if you hadn't of had the bacon and just the chicken, it would of been better. There's always healthy options, you just need to choose wisely about where you go & keep a strong head on your shoulders when looking at the menu! :D

i agree with sinead, as long as you can stick to an Atkins type meal when going out, you'll be ok. whenever i weigh in I always have a 'treat' in the night, last night i ate 2 chicken thighs, no skin and 2 boiled eggs with a can of coke zero. normally i just have chicken breast and maybe 1 boiled egg but i had to go to a match straight after my weigh-in so i bunged the chicken and eggs in a small container and took it with me, it was a lovely treat and this morning i weighed and i've lost another pound since the weigh-in! sometimes i think eating certain foods (protein based) can help boost your metabolism, i'm not suggesting stuffing chicken thighs every week but a little bit of SS+ or 810/atkins style food could make a difference!

Deffinately agree with the above post!
I too, think having some protein based food at the start of the weeek after you get weighed can boost a bigger weight loss for the following week!
On a friday evening after i get weighed i usually have a chicken salad or a nice grilled chicken breast with some green vegetables, it boosts me for the following week & like i said ive had losses every single week (even the awful week when i had a FOOT LONG subway!!) x

I'm so pleased I have read your comments as I've only been on it and having one protein based meal after weigh day will keep me sane! My consultant told me to have some prawns and cottage cheese with plain lettuce and it was Devine and now I feel set up for the week ahead' x

I'm so pleased I have read your comments as I've only been on it and having one protein based meal after weigh day will keep me sane! My consultant told me to have some prawns and cottage cheese with plain lettuce and it was Devine and now I feel set up for the week ahead' x

yes it definitely helps me, even if i dont find a weight loss boost, it helps me mentally as i feel that ive had a nice bit of food that won't affect my loss the following week. it's important to do what's best for you, some people avoid food completely on SS, others like me need that little treat once a week to stop the craving and refocus for the following week. also chicken and fish tend to be speedfoods which help speed weight loss up so having a little of those every week might make the world of difference to ur next weigh in! x

Back