Do most cereals count as HE?

LisaC

Gold Member
I bought the new Food Directory a few weeks back but when I looked up cereal (kellogs & tesco own) only a few have the HE symbol next to them, even things like corn flakes don't. I wanted crunchy nut but does anyone know if they def count as a HE?

Hiya Lisa,

Unfortunately not - the criteria for cereals in the healthy extra B section is that they must be really quite high in fibre or one of the 'sustain' type ranges. This does mean that most of Kellogg's is out but you can still use your syns if you really want it!

Got it thanks!!
I always have bran flakes (which isnt the most interesting) but wanted something with a bit more flavour but didnt want to use my syns. Not sure what to choose...??

I always have porridge, weetabix, bran flakes, or all bran with fruit on. Usually strawberries, blueberries or a good old sliced banana.

All bran is good as you get 42g - bonus!!

Thanks ladies. My consultant's never explained why some cereal is good/not so good.

Always thought All-Bran was quite 'bitty'..not much to it. Think I may give it a go.

i tell you what, plain puffed wheat is nice! (like sugar puffs without the sugar!!)
and you get LOADS for 28g....I have mine with my HEXA of SS milk and sweetner, or milk and rasberries! yummy and very filling!!

Why not try kellogs oat bakes hun they are a hex and there lush ;)

Back