Do, or do not. There is no try.

Thanks Pandora! lets carry on inspiring each other and crack this weight loss thing! ;] xx

Hey Sarah that's really good not giving in. That's some willpower I have to say.

Hope you ha a good day guess not much long for you to go before your second weigh in

Thanks toots, pretty proud of myself it has to be said. No not to long! Friday is weigh day :D Can't wait!

Hiya
sounds like your doing really well!! 8lbs is so good in a week!
I am on day two and so worried for tomorrow as I have heard nothing but horror stories!! But stomach already feeling funny.... i am planning to have a day long bath!!
How are you finding the packs? What flavours do you like?
Good luck to you and your family! xxx

Hiya
sounds like your doing really well!! 8lbs is so good in a week!
I am on day two and so worried for tomorrow as I have heard nothing but horror stories!! But stomach already feeling funny.... i am planning to have a day long bath!!
How are you finding the packs? What flavours do you like?
Good luck to you and your family! xxx

Hiya Eaf,

Thanks very much!! Awh don't worry to much I think it varies wildly person to person. I didn't have any major problems on day 3 apart from being really sleepy. Though I think some people suffer from headaches, which is usually due to caffeine withdrawal. I'm sure you will be fine but drinking lots of water will help. Good plan on the bath, sounds divine to me! ;]

So far really enjoying the packs, once I got the hang of making them right. (lumpy shakes are just yuck!) I don't like the soups very much, but they aren't nasty in any way just not something I can stomach every day. I really like the strawberry, vanilla, banana and mint choc shakes. Also really enjoy the maple&pecan and apple&cinnamon porridges. I haven't tried any of the bars yet so I am looking forward to trying those out next week!

Thank you very much. Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you don't suffer to much!

Sarah x

Hey, just stumbled upon your diary, looks like your doing fab love! The bats are lush, specially peanut, choc and choc orange yum! Have you tried adding herbs/spices to the soups? I don't like them at all without tonnes of ground chilli and black pepper! Worth a try when you fancy something hot! Good luck with second weigh in, when do it folks have 1st weigh in? X

Oh yes I love the peanut bats lol, just hard work trying to catch the beggars! bloody predictive text x

Hi Shrinkin'Violet

Haha had a good chuckle at peanut bats. They do sound delicious though (the bars I mean! not the bats!). I just hope my CDC has lots of flavours in stock! Still waiting to try the butterscotch Shakes, they sound very nice but obviously other people think so too because my CDC hasn't had any left the last 2 times I've been!

Oh I'll give your suggestion with the soups a go! It's not so much that I didn't like the flavours. I think more the idea of having soup everyday that didn't appeal. I think I will like them fine if they are a bit more few and far between. Also have you tried adding more water than recommended on the pack? I bumped the water up to about 300mls and found that far nicer as the flavours were a bit more subtle.

Thanks I'm really looking forward to it, only two more sleeps, Yus! Parents have their first weigh in tomorrow night, but I know for a fact that my mum had a sneaky hop on the scales yesterday morning and had already lost 5lbs! So I know they are both going to great! :] I'm resisting the scales till Friday, just.

Very well done on your 30lb loss by the way! That's amazing for just 6 weeks, hope I get on as well as you!

Haha isn't it funny how we say we look forward to weigh ins!!! Mine is Sunday but it's my mums 50th on saturday so I hope I have good will power, while everyone tucking it to a posh meal I will be there with my shake lol!
Your lucky both your parent are on it!! Less temptation that way! Mine decide to go out for chineses or have roast chicken! And since it's mums birthday Saturday people are bringing her cake!!! So unhelpful!!
God your mums done well!! Congrats!!!
Just had chocolate shake blended with ice and 300ml of water! Was lush!!
Added herbs and pepper is a great idea! I didn't think of that! Will have to try it tonight with my spicy tomato soup last time it wasn't great!!
Good luck with your day guys!! Xxx

Last edited:
Haha I know, It's honestly such a great feeling when those scales have gone down. Best of luck for Sat Eaf, stay strong!

Yeah, it's definitely easier now they are on CD it as well. T'was murder the first three days when they were munching garlic bread etc! My dad is all smug because he gets to have 4 packs a day, which I thought was pretty funny. Hasn't she just! Will be interesting to see what she has lost come tomorrow night!

I tried out a chicken and mushroom soup earlier with chilli spices and a pinch of pepper + 300mls of water (and blended it to oblivion). Sooooo much nicer! That one could perhaps be more of a regular for me.

Oh that does sound lush, if only we had a freezer! I'd be on that iced shake like a cat at a ball of wool! Num num num.

Best of luck for your weigh in! xx

Ah good- glad you enjoyed soup more :) I've actually stopped having the soups as live abroad and its too hot for soup so have 2 shakes, low cal meal (ss+) and bar. Suits me fine :) I'm going to try that icy shake thingy tomoz sounds good. Right I'm of to have my bar, yum :) take care x

Lol, it was a chocolate bat tonight tonight actually ;) just as tasty though x

Yum! Looking forward to trying those as of tomorrow! X

So, did you like your bat hmmmm? I'm moving over to ss for a week so may have to knock the bats on the head, as much as I love them they dont fill me up like a shake does. Hope all is good with you x

Hey Vi, I had my very first cranberry bat bar this morning. It was delicious. I've got several more to try out during the week too! Including a peanut bat! ;] I'm good! weigh in done and dusted. How are you toots? x

Week 2 Weigh in:
Stats:

Start Weight: 13st 11lbs (193lbs)
Current Weight: 13st 1lbs (183lbs)
Goal Weight: 10st (140lbs)
Week 1: -8lbs :D
Week 2: -2lbs
Total Loss: -10lbs

Well it’s not as good as I was hoping but I’m still down another 2lbs! 10lbs in two weeks is nothing to sniff at, so I am keeping my chin up! However, I am aware of two factors this week which may have prevented me from losing more.

Reason the first.

I haven’t been drinking nearly enough water, I was probably averaging 1 and a half litres a day, which is not ideal when I am supposed to be getting down 2 and a half to 3 litres a day. So from now on my mantra is “Learn to Love water!”.

Reason the second!

This week I also reintroduced black tea with sweetener. I think the combination of caffeine and sweeteners might have added to the slowed weight loss. So from here on out its water, water, water!

On the brighter side of things, my CDC said I have lost 4in on my waist, in two weeks. Get in! I’ve got down a BMI bracket too and I have also figured out that I have lost roughly a 5th of my total weight loss goal. That’s 10lbs out of 53lbs so only 43lbs to go! Bring it! :D

you two have had me giggling like a nutter with your peanut bats. They will always be 'bats' to me now.

4 inches, wow that's awesome, good on ya lady :) and the milestone of down a bmi bracket and a loss ontop 'with these cambridge products you are really spoiling us' remember that ad haha, day one on ss has obvs made me lose it! Honestly though had a great day and already nose is pointed back in right direction.

Which sweeteners have you used? I know some are loaded with carbs and some are fine? Anyway, well done you x

How you getting on lovely? Did you see my failed attempt at ss? oops! Anyway all is good back on with ss+ :) hope youre well x

Hey Hun! I'm doing just fine, been enjoying these bats.;] Had a mint choc one today. Yummy!

Yeah I saw, don't worry though I think if you are doing your cycling you are definitely safer on SS+ because you need more calories for that level of exercise. I wouldn't count it as a failure you did great, and deciding to come back up was the right choice if you were feeling ill! Besides it sounds like the little spell on SS has helped get your head sorted with food again! :]

Hope you are well toots! xx

Back