Do, or do not. There is no try.

Hey just read your diary been really interesting and you sure know how to keep yourself motivated.

Thanks very much! It's been an interesting journey so far. I guess in some ways I reached a stage were being healthy and slim meant more to me than food. CD just seemed like a good way to get the weight off and cut food out of the picture for a while and let me reset my brain a bit. Undo some of the bad habits I've picked up over the years.

How are you getting on with CD? Have you just recently started? :] x

Keep eating those bats and you'll soon be slimmer! haha x

Xearrith

Yes I just started on Tuesday today being day 3. I have been reading different diaries to get the inspiration and motivation from you all and also giving me the confidence it is do able. Anyways have a food day and looking forward to read forward about your journey.

fattoslim said:
Xearrith

Anyways have a food day and looking forward to read forward about your journey.

No don't do it lol! Step away from the food Only joking of course :) glad to see you're being as awesome as ever my dear. When do u start the new job?

Week 8 weigh in!

4lbs dropped. Officially 1lb off hitting my 2st off target, and only 2lbs off hitting my stone above my bmi target. I'm under 12stone now! Heck yeah! :D :D :D

Xearrith said:
Week 8 weigh in!

4lbs dropped. Officially 1lb off hitting my 2st off target, and only 2lbs off hitting my stone above my bmi target. I'm under 12stone now! Heck yeah! :D :D :D

Wowsers m' lady, get you! Well done your doing awesomely? Hadn't you started your new job yet?

Thanks love! Nope I start on Monday, very excited :D

I'm also away to Paris next Friday to Monday, and I'm not taking any packs with me. So that is going to be a bit interesting. Will try and stay low carb and stick with the SS+ guidelines, but well, I don't speak French. So reading the menu is going to be a bit of a challenge haha! Hope I don't pile on to much! :[

Hello folks. Sorry for the lack of posts, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

So as I mentioned previously I started a new job two weeks ago, and I managed to keep the diet under control, even while surrounded by an office of gents munching take away noodles, soup and sandwiches. So top marks there!

I went away to Paris last Friday for 4 days and had the most amazing time. I had planned on staying fairly low carb and sticking to ss+ guidelines, but in all honesty seeing the prices of restaurants, and meals, out there I quickly threw that notion to the wind. Instead I decided to have some fun and make it an opportunity to do two things while I was there.

1) See how I fared with conventional food. How would I feel after eating 3 full meals a day? Did eating carbs effect how I felt.

2) Have a chance to try a few things I hadn't had before (or had not tried for a long time because I'd convinced myself I didn't like them).

I learnt a good amount. Firstly, I started to get a feel for portion size. Accidentally having to much for dinner one evening, made it vastly apparent to me the difference between being nicely full, and over-feeding oneself. Interestingly the quantity I had, was far less than I might have traditionally eaten in the past. I also found myself saying "no that's enough" and putting fork down, having only eaten about a 3rd of the plate.

Secondly, I discovered a few foods I liked. Smoked Salmon for one. I had tried this in the past as a young teen and turned my nose up at it. I'm not a fussy eater but fish was never something used to much like. However, having started the diet I have started to really crave trying healthy foods I have over looked in the past, fish being one. So, the discovery that I like not only prawns but also salmon was a pleasant one. I know I don't get enough iron in my diet so it will be good to rectify this in future, still need to try some oily fish like mackerel. I also tried French onion soup, which was delicious.

I did eat probably far to much bread and carb in generally during the four days. However, I noticed on the second and third day that this made feel sluggish and found myself opting for healthier option at breakfast where the choice was free and plentiful.

All in all I definitely learnt plenty about myself and food while I was away. Came back on the Tuesday and went straight back on to ss. My hopes had been that over the past two weeks I would be able to simply maintain the weight I was at last weigh in, or at the very least keep the damage to a minimum. So I weighed myself this morning to see where I stood.

2lbs down! Yes! :] not only does this mean that despite my slight bender on holiday I have lost weight, but also that I am now officially 1 stone above my healthy BMI. So now I can go up to ss+ and re-introduce one meal a day.

My plan is to do ss+ until Christmas time, and hopefully lose another 10/11lbs, which would get me under 11 stone. Then I can tackle that last stone in the new year as I progress up the steps. Wishful thinking perhaps but I'll just have to:

"Do, Or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Have been reading your post with interest as I wondered how each of us would fare once we start eating again and if how you have got on is anything to go by then it sounds very positive!

It will be a nice thought that over the summer holidays next year, if I have a few blips when away, I can get back to where I was easily.

Glad you enjoyed your trip - never been to Paris but it always looks magical on the TV. Also brilliant for not being tempted by all the noodles, soups and sandwiches! My OH is tucking into some chilli tortillia crisps at the moment and I have "had my smell" and that's it.
At least when I weigh next week I won't feel guilty!

Good luck on SS+ that's what I'm doing over Christmas so if you have any tips and ideas post them on here won't you?

Bye for now, x

Yey! Another 2lbs off. Probably would have been more but water intake was a bit pants. All in the right direction though.

My new goal for Christmas is to get down under 11st. I only have 9lbs to go to get there, which seems fairly do-able, but we shall see given that 'tis the season of work nights out, family gatherings and social eating hell.

The first of which is tomorrow. Our annual family present swap, with relatives who live in Yorkshire. Every year in the month before Christmas we meet up in the borders somewhere, have a meal and then everyone crowds round car boots to exchange large bagfuls of presents.

Since I don't fancy:
A) Having to explain the diet to the extended family
and
B) Attempting to make a bar last a full 3 course meal for 2 hours

My plan is to take a small break for lunch tomorrow. I'm SS+ now so if at all possible I will try to find something suitable. Otherwise I will just go with the flow, not beat myself up and have a few pure SS days afterwards to undo any damage and get myself back into ketosis. Whatever happens, it's me in control. :]

I'll let you all know how it goes! x

I've really enjoyed reading your diary, thanks for posting it. It's so goog to see the whole journey and the lessons you are learning now you are re introducing food. I went away last weekend for a planned break and even after a short time on the diet I was surprised at the level of saltiness and flavours of everything I ate.

Looking forward to your next installment x

Hello sunshine, long time no speak! How are you? I'm all done with CWP now and having a go with SW so far so good, got my 1st weigh in on saturday :)
Hope you're well, and happy christmas! X

Hello sunshine, long time no speak! How are you? I'm all done with CWP now and having a go with SW so far so good, got my 1st weigh in on saturday :)
Hope you're well, and happy christmas! X

Hi love! Merry Christmas to you too!! I'm doing just fine thanks, just enjoying all these Christmas festivities! :D How was your Christmas? Was Santa good to you? Oooooh best of luck for your weigh in love, I'm considering swapping to diet chef towards the end of Jan once I am under the 11 stone mark. I just think it might be a better way for me to learn about portion sizes etc. Rather than me trying, and failing, to figure it out on my own. Do let me know how you get on! xxx

Day....Well I forget to be honest.
I haven't updated my dairy in ages. Sorry folks! Before Christmas I got down to the grand old weight of 11st 5lbs! So I was pretty damn pleased with that! I've taken a break from CD for Christmas and New Year and will be firmly back on it as of Sunday. I've been keeping an eye on my weight and so far I am only up 3/4 lbs which is not too bad, all things considering.

I've had lots and lots of lovely compliments from family and friends this holiday season. So I am now more determined than ever to get down to 10st.

I'll be 24 in March and it would be a dream come true if I could hit my goal before then! I am starting to think I may want to re-adjust my goal to around 9 and a half stone, but I will wait till I get to 10 and see how I feel.

On a little side note: Yesterday I bought a pair of size 12 jeans two dresses marked "Extra Small" and a size 6 t-shirt, in the Jan sales. All of which fit! GET IN!

...Admittedly there is currently a minor muffin top situation with the pair of jeans, but I maintain that this is because of the 4lb Christmas food baby. ;] Should be gone in no time once I am back on CD next week!

Bring on 2012! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are treated to a smashing New Year. Sarah xxx

Oh wow Sarah you must be so chuffed :). There is nothing like a bit of retail therapy. I've been shopping like crazy this past week I dread seeing my credit card bill!! Oh well we have worked so hard I think we deserve it ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Day 1 back on CD after Christmas break.

So far, so good. Two milkshakes down and a litre of water. I'm doing a weeks SS just to get all the foody rubbish out of my system and get my weight loss game face back on. I'll be back up to SS+ after my Weigh In on Saturday. I suspect I'll be super hungry later tonight, but hey ho.

I'm back to work tomorrow, so I'm praying I don't get a ketosis headache over the next couple days. Looking forward to saying goodbye to this Christmas food baby. ;]

Sarah x

Back