do you all write down your food

debtdummy

Silver Member
just wondered if you all write down everything u eat?, i am finding it really hard.
any tips?

which bit is hard debtdummy? - (I wish you would change your name to something less negative):eek::)

which bit is hard debtdummy? - (I wish you would change your name to something less negative):eek::)
sorry about name, the reason i have it is i had some debt problems and i use it as long in to stuff so i dont spend more money until i pay back my debt... i can change it if it offends you:eek:

i just make sure i have stuff in which fits to plan, and as we are on a tight budget i do a meal plan each week so we all know whats for tea in advance.. also makes it easier to sort once i am home from work .. have a look at some diary's and get some tips.. once you get your head round it, it's v easy

sorry about name, the reason i have it is i had some debt problems and i use it as long in to stuff so i dont spend more money until i pay back my debt... i can change it if it offends you:eek:

Noooooooooooooo - it doesn't offend me but every time you look at it, I thought it may make you feel no so good about yourself. Sorry didn't mean to criticise!

Anyhoo to the original question - I write mine down on the site as I go along. I used to keep a paper one when I first started and count all syns etc but then when I had problems not losing weight someone suggested I do a diary and I didn't see the point of doing the same thing twice.

If I think I may forget something I have eaten I will write it down on the weightloss diary - on this site - straight away, if I have access to a computer - which I usually do. If not then I just complete it later in the day when I have finished eating stuff for the day. :D

thanks, the name defo helps me stop spending and only a year left repaying

I pre plan all my meals for the week. It's not just to keep track of things though, I do it so that I know what to buy when I go shopping, otherwise I go shopping blind and that's when I pick things up that I shouldn't. If I have an exact list then I stick to it. plus I know exactly what I'm going to be eating and I use the "syn bin" for my evening syns, which has all kinds of things, biscuits, chocloate (treat sized) and crisps etc... But I do like to keep a record of what I have.

Ive been really struggling at the minute and have started writing everything down again. I find it helps me stop eating things without thinking and I can look back on a good/bad week and see why.

xxx

I keep a paper diary every day - even now 26 weeks in. I am a bit of a list freak as it helps keep my mind organised, but I do find it really useful to have a quick review throughout the day of what I've still got to have hex-wise, and to note down syns which might otherwise slip my mind. I do wonder if I'll be doing it forever though - probably will knowing me!

I used to write down everything I ate, however now i just write down my syns and healthy extras on the SW site.

I always lose better when I write things down but I dont do it all the time. This week I am doing it as I have been in the 14 stone bracket for too long and want to slip into the 13s.

When I keep it in my head, my mind tends to forget things which have passed my lips that day.

Writing down also has the benefit of stopping me from popping random things in my mouth too as I think 'oh I have to write this down' and so it computes better than just letting my mind do all the work.

I make a mental note and then write down everything I've eaten in a word document on my computer. I also put how much exercise I do and a few words about how I felt that day went - under that I put an 'inspirational item' such as a nice dress or boots (copied from an online store or something) and the whole thing has really helped me so far. I save them in weekly folders so i can track my progress and see what works better for me if I have a lose or where I might be going wrong if I gain.

:)

I keep a paper diary every day - even now 26 weeks in. I am a bit of a list freak as it helps keep my mind organised, but I do find it really useful to have a quick review throughout the day of what I've still got to have hex-wise, and to note down syns which might otherwise slip my mind. I do wonder if I'll be doing it forever though - probably will knowing me!

YAYAY another list freak :) Me too...... OCD list writing is what i have lol

I have my plan of food on the kitchen cupboard and write on it what i have had if its HE or syns, I dont bother marking up FREE/SUPERFREE though.

I've always kept a track - I don't list free foods, just healthy extras and syns so I know what I have/haven't had because I forget! In the past when I haven't kept tabs on what I ate it was more likely for me to go astray. I bought a cheap slim diary, enough room to jot them down and I can carry it about with me. I also write my weekly losses in them and monthly inch losses - I found that reading back on these gave me a kick up the bum when needed!

I do when I'm trying to lose - by that I mean when I'm at target and maintaining then I don't write it down but now I'm trying to lose again, I do.

I write everything down as I eat it, not before. I have a meal plan but sometimes it changes so I find it best to write it in my little notebook as I've eaten it. I list all foods because then I can see if I haven't had enough fruit or veg, doesn't happen often but sometimes if I've only got to 4 then I'll have some fruit for supper or a handful of tomatoes.

I do find it helps very much.

I list it on a diary thread on this site. Helps me to keep track.

If have a good loss I can hopefully repeat it.
If I have a bad week I know why.
If I'm having an uninspirational day I can look back on it for ideas.

Whatever works for you.

i have got a lovely notebook with 5 sections and i carry it around, just dont seem to get to writing it, i think i will cry if i knew what i ate ... lol

i write every single wee thing that goes past my lips onto a food diary :) i find it really really helps me to stay on the right path :)

Back