Do you buy clothes at each size?

I have bought jeans in a size down each time but I mainly live in leggings/jeggins which are pretty cheap to buy. I will have a nice spend on pretty clothes when i get I my target x

Most of my clothes have come from asda.... I live in leggings but recently had to buy a load of new trousers for work since my size 20s were huuuuge on me. I'm now a 16/18 but won't be buying any casual clothes for a while. Just make do with what I've got.

As a side note all my nicer things that no longer fit go on eBay, bigger sizes always sell really well on there in my experience. I made £40 on a coat that cost me £35 in the sale last year!

Ebay all the way! I have to dress smartly for work so can't wear ill fitting clothes. I also sell the stuff that no longer fits to fund my new purchases.

I bought a whole new wardrobe in size 14

I then bought a whole new wardrobe in size 12

I am now in the process of buying a whole new wardrobe in size 10

I love shopping and feel its important to treat yourself

efk said:
Ebay all the way! I have to dress smartly for work so can't wear ill fitting clothes. I also sell the stuff that no longer fits to fund my new purchases.

I have to agree - eBay all the way! I ebayed everything that didn't fit me, then used the money to pick up staple pieces. I always avoided buying jeans and instead lived in leggings/jeggings as with the elastic waist you can usually get away with them a size up/size down etc. Same with cardigans and vest tops. I only updated all of my wardrobe once I hit target. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well i have gone from a size 22-24 to a 16 in 8 months so i've had to buy the odd thing, won't buy a full wardrobe until i am at or very near target, hopefuly by next summer lol! Only thing i have had to buy is trousers, all my old tops are ok just a bit baggy (ok very baggy, but its ok lol) Really looking forward to a big shopping spree when i get to my ideal size!!! xxxx

Rara Lara said:
Well i have gone from a size 22-24 to a 16 in 8 months so i've had to buy the odd thing, won't buy a full wardrobe until i am at or very near target, hopefuly by next summer lol! Only thing i have had to buy is trousers, all my old tops are ok just a bit baggy (ok very baggy, but its ok lol) Really looking forward to a big shopping spree when i get to my ideal size!!! xxxx

Well done you, great weight loss x

Thank you :) xxx

I have put on a lot of weight over the past few months and my size 20 clothes are far to tight on me but I refuse to buy any in a size 22. Hopefully I'll be back to a size 20 in a few weeks now I've started SW.
I have loads of clothes in a size 18 but when I get back down to a size 18 I'll definitely be treating myself.
When I get to a size 16 there will be no stopping me- I will be hitting the shops big time!

There's one thing worse than having to buy new clothes because you are loosing weight, and that's buying them because you are gaining!
It's easy to keep moving up in sizes, for me, a man, going from a 48 inch waist to a 50, to a 52 with elasticity to manage more growth! Going to Cotten Traders and finding the xxl a touch tight, opting for a 3xl and even touching on the 4xl!

If I put on my old 54" blazer, my 18 1/2 inch collar shirt (I was contemplating 19 inch shirts) and my 52 inch trousers I look ridiculous, like a child playing dress up.

My waist is now 40" my collar 16" / 16.5" and chest is 46".

One of the benefits if these smaller sizes is they are readily available for cheap as chips at places like tesco and asda!

I buy bits as I go along, I pick up stuff in primark and charity shops where I can, I'd rather have things that fit where poss. I went to a plus size swap shop this weekend, swapped some stuff I'd grown out of and some that didn't suit me. I came home with 2 new coats for the winter, boots, 2 pairs jeans and several tops too. Amazing stuff for free!

Are there any clothes trading threads on here ( or is it not allowed) I'm on another forum and trade kids clothes with other mums as they outgrow them, we just charde postage/PayPal fees

There is a thread in the off topic part of the the slimming world section, there are a few bits that go up the occasionally :)

I buy at least 75% (probably more actually) of my clothes from charity shops, I love going round them and being able to just buy anything I like. I have had some super buys like Karen Millen top and brand new shoes. It's not about the money it's the excitement of getting a bargain. But the plus side of doing this is that when I go down a size I just hand back the clothes and buy some more and the charity gets a donation. It makes total sense to me as I am a great believer in recycling.

I buy majority of mine off of eBay, you get good deals and I make money off of all my old stuff by selling it on eBay.

I bought a couple of things when I went down a size - just jeans and work trousers - as my tops weren't too bad, but in the last couple of weeks I've gone firmly into a 12 from my 16's being too tight when I first started and I literally cannot wear anything I had in the wardrobe. Everything was hanging off me and looked ridiculous so I've had to buy a fair few things to wear. I'm still a good stone, maybe a stone and a half from target, so I don't want to buy too much but it's great getting compliments when you are wearing clothes that fit you well as people really can see the difference in your weight loss.

The annoying thing is that I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks and none of my old holiday clothes fitted at all so I've had to pay out for new clothes and swimwear which probably won't fit by the next holiday, ggrrr!

I do, just from ASDA.

I promise myself that I just wear plain clothes before splurging on decent ones at goal. :)

I reckon I buy more clothes now I'm losing than ever, but I can buy in primark and charity shops which I couldn't before... Plus I'm finding out what my style is as I go (seem to be channelling Rachel berry lately!)

I had to buy some new trousers for work as mine were like clown trousers, but I don't want to spend huge amounts on clothes that will *hooefully* be too big for me in a couple of months.

I can't wait until I can shop in primark!!!!

I will buy a few things to wear at each size I guess as I go down, but when I get to goal, I will be having a shopping spree!!!!

Weejocklassie - You might be able to shop in primark already - the clothes go up to a 20 and occasionally a 22, which is why i practically live there now! I'm not quite in their work trousers yet though, that's my next aim

Oooooooohhhhhhh I might have to have a trip there! Thank you!

Hopefully their sizes will fit as my tummy is a horrible shape after having a section with my son 5 yrs ago!

*excited now* I will report back!

Back