do you buy organic grass fed meat?

I don't. It's bad, but I live at home& My Mum buys the food so I ahve to have what she buys tbh.. I'm saving to move out with my BF atm so I can't really buy my own food (or store it..)

I do ask her to read labels, so I don't buy cream (on primal so allowed dairy :) ) with added stuff, I try to find organic.. & I use organic butter..

I would actually know where you buy this stuff, cos atm I've been looking at going to farmers markets etc or finding a health store for organic diary/grass fed meat etc etc

I agree, I see it more as eating fresh food rather than stuff that has been creating in a lab & pumped into our food..

I've always said this is how I want my future children to be fed, & I wanna cook my meals from scratch & feed them fresh food rather than pre-packaged stuff, so getting myself into this way of eating then I'll be an expert when that time comes around ;)

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
Deece I hope you manage to save up enough and move out soon. It's an exciting step! When the time comes, be sure to check everyday paleo (there are other family paleo/primal blogs too).
gettingfit your weight loss is amazing! I agree that just by cutting out grains, eating more fresh unprocessed produce we'd be doing our bodies a favour. But I couldn't help wonder about this because Mark Sisson does mention it quite a bit and makes a point of it being grass fed and finished rather than grain fed. Still, I'm sure he'll probably agree that just cutting out grains we're already doing a massive part to help our bodies.
I try to buy organic when I can.. I get organic or free range eggs as they are cheaper than organic meat.. but to be honest even organic stuff could be grain fed..hmmm

I don't think it is as important in the UK and Ireland as in the USA where a lot of the animal rearing is more "intensive". We have beef cattle on our farm and I asked my husband and they don't get any injections - hormones or otherwise, they are grass fed but not organic mainly due to the fertilizers that go onto the grass.

mismax hi
thanks for replying. This is such an interesting piece of information. I never knew this before!! thank you for enlightening us :)
well done on your weightloss.

Back