Do you cc veggies?

LovelyLisa2012

I've not been counting them, i dont plan on restricting veggies but to be fair i dont eat a massive amount only side veg with dinner and salad with lunch. Im aiming for a change of lifestyle so cc is just to help me get the weight down and control food intake/portions.

Will i get away with this until weight loss slows down? Or is it best to just count them from now on?

Good question, I don't count them either, though I've a feeling you should with potatoes.

I count some veg (potatoes, peas and sweetcorn) but not the rest. Don't ask me why I count peas and sweetcorn, I have no idea. I just have it in my head that they are higher in calories than broccoli, cauliflower etc.

I count potatos but thats it lol x

I count them, am I being sad? And I weigh it, I have scales by cooker so only takes a sec. I am unfamiliar with all calorific values so I am interested to see what's what.
I steam veg so I put all my food in one and the rest of families in the others which I find simple x

Count everything!!! I know veggies are good for you, and you shouldn't restrict them, I agree with that, but you would be surprised at how many cals some veg should be.
I don't weigh salad, but still count it. Things like peas, sweetcorn, potatos, avocados are quite high in cals so weigh them. They won't give you massive numbers, but it all adds up and I think you would be surprised throughout the day how many cals you clock up in fruit and veg. :)

I count all my veg but dont worry about weighting them out everytime. I weigh once to see how much so many calories look like. I was surprised at the calories in Veg & Fruit x

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't! You'd be suprised how much a bit of this and a bit of that adds up. If I'm way under cals for the day I tend not to count them because I know I've got plenty to spare, but if I'm tight, then I add them up. I must say that it's really satisfying looking at your huge plate full of veg and then your MFP and it saying it all comes to about 30 cals! :D
I do approximate though - I look at it and go "yeah that's a 6 inch carrot" or "that's a medium onion"
Always count potatoes and things like sweetcorn, avocado, etc.

I don't count my veg, but I also lowered my cals by about 200 on mfp so i didn't have to. It recommended 1460 for me but I aim for 1200-1260 plus veg. I count potatoes, parsnips etc tho.

I think of i counted them i just wouldnt eat them lol i force them down as it is x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I count peas and sweetcorn along with potatoes and sweet potatoes etc. I remember from doing weight watchers a few years ago that they had points in them whereas most other veg did not.

I start to get too obsessed if I count all the other veg as well.

I do count fruit though as it can be higher in calories than you may think.

Kitty xx

Personally, I count them. If I give myself 1300 calories for the day and I eat 1300 plus veg then I'm not really on 1300 a day and you'd be surprised how quickly the calories add up.

For example, if you had say 100g of veg a day with your dinner, that's 90 calories for peas, 110 for sweetcorn, big brocolli stalk is 100. That's 700 over a week which is 0.25lb worth of calories, just from 100g of daily uncounted veg with dinner. Add on potatoes, parsnips etc and it's a lot more.

I count everything.

Agreed with caroline.... if you spend your calories wisely on good food, you shouldn't need to fill up on anything... yeah brocolli is 100... but thats a big ass portion compared to what you'd get for 100 calories worth of say chocolate.

It's all about getting a happy medium... spend some on veg, and some on the naughty stuff :)

I count absolutely everythin that passes my lips even the odd milk bottle sweet I pinch off my kids ha ha

Ive always counted sweetcorn and peas and potatos, but didnt bother with sprouts etc. I will now, as has been pointed out, it does all count.

Back