Do you end up way under points most days?

oh... my leader said we have to use them :confused: she said that on the old point system you could carry over a few points a day to use at the weekend or for an event etc, but on propoints your not allowed to carry over, as the system has already done that for you in the weeklys :confused:
So if you know htere is an event comeing up, keep the 49, if theres not, then you need to use them:confused:

i dont know, i am worried that if i dont use them i will lose more weight :D but them when it comes to me needing to cut out something if i stall, i will have nothing to cut down if you know waht i mean :rolleyes:

hmmm will have to look into it a bit more ;)

So long as you use your daily points youll be fine. But why restrict yourself if you want a treat have one and use the weekly ones if necessary. The whole reason WW is THE best diet there is ;) is because theres no need whatsoever to deprive yourself

You dont have to use all your weeklies. i have never used all my weeklies, and this week ive not had any because i wanted a better loss(will be using them from now on though ;) ). Its upto you but i would defo try using them at first because some ppl get fab losses even when they have had all their weeklies.

I always come in under my dailies by about 7 average. I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I eat more on this diet than I ever did before. The reason I put on all this weight isn't down to how much I ate - I always ate maybe 2 meals at the most daily, which completely screwed up my metabolism. I was also eating completely the wrong things and doing no exercise!!

I totally agree that WW is the best 'diet' and think they have done an amazing job on the new system....but I am eating 5 small meals a day and making good choices. I'm not going hungry. I get to about 28pp a day and I'm allowed 35pp. There is no way I am going to sit there and eat in the evening just to get to 35pp. Eating when I wasn't hungry is one of the things that got me here in the first place!!

As for activity points...the idea of eating those is just ridiculous to me...why would I put myself through all that pain, sweat and tears....just to eat it!! I have earned 60 activity points so far this week and I don't weigh in until Thursday!! In fact I am off to do another 90 minutes on the treadmill right now before doing my P90X workout.

Only you know what your body is telling you. If you're eating well and don't feel deprived, I wouldn't panic about not hitting your daily target all the time. They'd make it a lot easier to get there if fruit and veg wasn't zero hahaha

well I think I'm filling out my points better now. The slim fast in the morning is bulking out some and I am not always using the low fat stuff.
Been ill the last couple days tho and struggling to eat at all but I am hitting the points none the less and lots of honey in hot water n lemon is adding up.

flab2fab0406 said:
I always come in under my dailies by about 7 average. I'm not going to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry. I eat more on this diet than I ever did before. The reason I put on all this weight isn't down to how much I ate - I always ate maybe 2 meals at the most daily, which completely screwed up my metabolism. I was also eating completely the wrong things and doing no exercise!!

I totally agree that WW is the best 'diet' and think they have done an amazing job on the new system....but I am eating 5 small meals a day and making good choices. I'm not going hungry. I get to about 28pp a day and I'm allowed 35pp. There is no way I am going to sit there and eat in the evening just to get to 35pp. Eating when I wasn't hungry is one of the things that got me here in the first place!!

As for activity points...the idea of eating those is just ridiculous to me...why would I put myself through all that pain, sweat and tears....just to eat it!! I have earned 60 activity points so far this week and I don't weigh in until Thursday!! In fact I am off to do another 90 minutes on the treadmill right now before doing my P90X workout.

Only you know what your body is telling you. If you're eating well and don't feel deprived, I wouldn't panic about not hitting your daily target all the time. They'd make it a lot easier to get there if fruit and veg wasn't zero hahaha

Whilst I can understand what you are saying, surely the basis of the plan is built around you having ALL your daily allowance. I read a previous reply that said in order to use all their daily ones, and keep on plan 100% they tweaked what they were having to use things with a slightly higher pp value-live semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed etc. Ww have invested a lot of time and money in the new plan and they wouldn't tell you that you need to eat all your points if there wasn't a sound reasoning behind it.

Excellent post Welshtigger, it never fails to amaze me when people say theyre following a plan but then do their own thing and ignore the very plan theyre meant to be following. It happens all over Minimins, people not eating all their points, not using Syns or HeX, not having all their shakes. The only way to be successful and healthy on any plan is to follow it properly and not half heartedly because you feel you know better x

wow this sounds like a real heated discussion here lol!!!! i use most of my daily allowance!! although i have had a few days when i just dont want anymore lol!!!! ww is a fantastic diet !!! i think its probably one of the best diets in the world!!! nothing can beat a healthy, balanced diet with exercise!!!

in class we were told that our weekly allowance was a BACK-UP!!!! its there if u need them!!! but that if we use them all not to expect the same weight loss that week that we probably would have got without using them!!!! i've also been doin exercise (which i never did before) to build up more pp as BACK-UP!!! So far i've only used a few of them but i know they are there if i feel the need to use them or have a night out planned!!!

WW must be doin something right as i have followed the plan for 2 weeks and already lost 11lb!!! having my 3rd WI on thursday and hope to have 3lb off to make it 1STONE in 3WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Och this is by no means heated ;) Honest :giggle:

The one thing that does strike me as funny is that the single biggest reason people give for choosing SW over WW is theyre 'always hungry' on WW. Yet over here there are so many people saying they struggle to use their points.

I guess if nothing else its proof that making sensible choices on WW means you can eat LOADS :)

When I did WW at the beginning of last year I wasn't losing anything and when we looked at my tracker I was way under points. I was told to eat the same but have higher fat options, it wasn't possible. I have never drank anything other than skimmed milk and the thought of semi skimmed makes me feel ill,and it would mean two lots of shopping to buy for me and our normal shopping for OH. I was eating cereal for breakfast , wraps for lunch and salad for dinner, so sometiems I was barely getting over 15 points and I was on a lot more than that. This time I'm trying to get back in the zone and concentrate and change my eating habits having more for lunch, and maybe knowing that a wix or pack of crisps will boost points I can always use those as a fallback.

Will need to look at high point snacks to push me up to my allowance I think.

Altohugh some days when we have pizza it'll be fine, normally on those days I'd have a smaller lunch I think when I sit down and go through it I'll find ways to up the points.

Last edited:
i also find it a struggle to use all of my points, yesterday only used 22 and am supposed to have 33 but i also feel too guilty eating a bag of crisps or something naughty and nice to bulk up the rest of my points with : (

have posted a diary in the ww diary forum, hopefully someone will shed some light on things, i love crisps too so will try and indulge a bit more occasionally haha: ) x

and also get out the mindset that eating crisps etc is 'bad' its not!

I agree with that. Food does not have a personality. It is not good, bad, naughty, saintly or sinful. It is just food. In my experience, thinking about being food being bad or naughty brings out my inner devil. I want to rebel and do something bad. If I look at food neutrally then it doesn't have the same power over me. Same goes for "cheating". Cheating makes you feel a bit of a rebel. Saying "not following the plan" isn't so exciting.

Think about adverts that persuade you something is sinful to get you to buy it ;)

Back