Do you ever feel like ......

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Anthony Smith, 2 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith Slimmer 2010

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Do you ever feel guilty when having a packet of crisps or a chocolate treat, even though you know you can have them because you have loads of points left over.

Example: Last night I had 8 points remaining and I was at the shop I picked up the smallest milkyway bar which turned out to be 2 points but I put it back down because I would feel guilty having it. Even with the packet of Quavers I had yesterday, I knew they were 1.5 points and that I could have them but I just feel guilty having them and that is why I feel deprived and going off track.

Does anyone else feel like this and how did they over come it?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ClareyCakes

ClareyCakes SW Target Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I feel like this all the time, but I try and tell myself that if I don't have the treats it will make it easier for me to fail completely.
    Sometimes if I feel more guilty afterwards I will jump on the exercise bike or xtrainer and make the guilt disappear that way. The other thing I do is think of a fizzy drink as a treat, diet coke 0 points but I feel like I have been a bit naughty guilt free!

You should treat yourself, if you're in your points there's no real harm, enjoy a bit of choccy later :)

4. babybear1983

babybear1983 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Sometimes I don't feel guilty enough! I think I eat too many bad things to make up my points at the end of the day!

5. Anthony Smith

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    And are your losses fine?

And thank you I will treat myself to a choccy treat :)

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats the beauty of WW - treats and no guilt ;)

After I had my meals Id use any left over points on, well on anything I fancied really....

7. babybear1983

babybear1983 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Yep, when I did WW before I didn't use my points up and my losses were erratic, some weeks I would lose 7lb, others I would put on. Now I make sure I use up all or most of my points by whichever means possible and I have so far steadily lost 2lb a week. People keep saying to me that steady is the way to go!!
    2lb off is better than 2lb on!

Go on, treat yourself, it is Saturday after all!:D

8. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I've started to feel guilty after I've eaten something "naughty" - I always feel like I need to run or exercise it off. I'm also within my points when I eat it but sometimes some foods make me feel so bloated that I don't want to eat them again because of how I feel after I've swallowed it! :p

But I do believe in having a little bit of choccy whenever you need some, you can't totally deprive yourself ;)

9. Anthony Smith

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks all, I did not have my choccy treat, but as I was at a party I treated my self to vodkas, I see on this forum that it says smirnoff vodka is 0.5 per 25ml shot, and other sites I have seen that it is 1 point each and is 1.5 for 2, I do hope that it is 0.5 as that is what I have pointed it as all night

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: 3 October 2010
  10. ClareyCakes

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    From what I gather the extra pointing is debatable, many people do say 0.5 for one and 1.5 for two, but I wouldn't say it is gospel, 0.5 is 0.5 for me and two is 1 point, makes sense and works for me! I think it's more personal choice.

11. Anthony Smith

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah suppose so, I had double vodkas all night and kept it at 1 point for it plus the diet coke which is free anyway. I think I will just stick to 0.5 from hear on as im sure it wont make that much of a difference anyway, and plus I save points through out the week anyway :)

Cheers for reassurance

12. ClareyCakes

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11.5lb(39.79%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds to me like you have a good routine going on. Keep at it and enjoy your little treats :)

13. Anthony Smith

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Ahh Thank you, and I will do ;)

14. scottishjewel

scottishjewel Lorna

Start Weight:
    14st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(8.52%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i do i feel very guilty when i eat a treat and it is my down fail of not having them although my leader always say u must a have a treat as ur allowed! i am getting slightly better but i do make sure it is a low point one even though i have plenty point to have a better treat iykwim x

15. size102b

size102b Banned

I sometimes do think it's as if we still see we are on a 'diet' then anything higher calories or something we love feels like a guilt trip as 'diets' honestly mentally feel like depriving ourselves.This is why I am never on or going on a 'diet' again 22 years if off in off on has made me say enough.
    I use ww plan as s guide, if I want something nice I can have it what I tend to do is weigh up how much I need something I used to like higher caloried to what I can have that's filling for when I'm tummy hungry. But of course I eat nicer things we are human but I never reward myself with food.
    I feel as long as we are eating in the plan using 95/5 theroy then alls good 95% healthy 5% higher caloried. The guilt drops if you can see occassionallys all good :) x

16. Anthony Smith

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeah I know what you mean, I go for curly wurly 2.5 points and takes ages to eat lol.

The last 2 days I have felt better when having a choccy treat, and have got myself a bag of aero bubbles for 4.5 points :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.