Do you ever feel like ......

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Do you ever feel guilty when having a packet of crisps or a chocolate treat, even though you know you can have them because you have loads of points left over.

Example: Last night I had 8 points remaining and I was at the shop I picked up the smallest milkyway bar which turned out to be 2 points but I put it back down because I would feel guilty having it. Even with the packet of Quavers I had yesterday, I knew they were 1.5 points and that I could have them but I just feel guilty having them and that is why I feel deprived and going off track.

Does anyone else feel like this and how did they over come it?

Thanks

I feel like this all the time, but I try and tell myself that if I don't have the treats it will make it easier for me to fail completely.
Sometimes if I feel more guilty afterwards I will jump on the exercise bike or xtrainer and make the guilt disappear that way. The other thing I do is think of a fizzy drink as a treat, diet coke 0 points but I feel like I have been a bit naughty guilt free!

You should treat yourself, if you're in your points there's no real harm, enjoy a bit of choccy later :)

Thats the beauty of WW - treats and no guilt ;)

After I had my meals Id use any left over points on, well on anything I fancied really....

And are your losses fine?

And thank you I will treat myself to a choccy treat :)

Yep, when I did WW before I didn't use my points up and my losses were erratic, some weeks I would lose 7lb, others I would put on. Now I make sure I use up all or most of my points by whichever means possible and I have so far steadily lost 2lb a week. People keep saying to me that steady is the way to go!!
2lb off is better than 2lb on!

Go on, treat yourself, it is Saturday after all!:D

I've started to feel guilty after I've eaten something "naughty" - I always feel like I need to run or exercise it off. I'm also within my points when I eat it but sometimes some foods make me feel so bloated that I don't want to eat them again because of how I feel after I've swallowed it! :p

But I do believe in having a little bit of choccy whenever you need some, you can't totally deprive yourself ;)

Thanks all, I did not have my choccy treat, but as I was at a party I treated my self to vodkas, I see on this forum that it says smirnoff vodka is 0.5 per 25ml shot, and other sites I have seen that it is 1 point each and is 1.5 for 2, I do hope that it is 0.5 as that is what I have pointed it as all night

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
From what I gather the extra pointing is debatable, many people do say 0.5 for one and 1.5 for two, but I wouldn't say it is gospel, 0.5 is 0.5 for me and two is 1 point, makes sense and works for me! I think it's more personal choice.

Yeah suppose so, I had double vodkas all night and kept it at 1 point for it plus the diet coke which is free anyway. I think I will just stick to 0.5 from hear on as im sure it wont make that much of a difference anyway, and plus I save points through out the week anyway :)

Cheers for reassurance

Sounds to me like you have a good routine going on. Keep at it and enjoy your little treats :)

i do i feel very guilty when i eat a treat and it is my down fail of not having them although my leader always say u must a have a treat as ur allowed! i am getting slightly better but i do make sure it is a low point one even though i have plenty point to have a better treat iykwim x

I sometimes do think it's as if we still see we are on a 'diet' then anything higher calories or something we love feels like a guilt trip as 'diets' honestly mentally feel like depriving ourselves.This is why I am never on or going on a 'diet' again 22 years if off in off on has made me say enough.
I use ww plan as s guide, if I want something nice I can have it what I tend to do is weigh up how much I need something I used to like higher caloried to what I can have that's filling for when I'm tummy hungry. But of course I eat nicer things we are human but I never reward myself with food.
I feel as long as we are eating in the plan using 95/5 theroy then alls good 95% healthy 5% higher caloried. The guilt drops if you can see occassionallys all good :) x

i do i feel very guilty when i eat a treat and it is my down fail of not having them although my leader always say u must a have a treat as ur allowed! i am getting slightly better but i do make sure it is a low point one even though i have plenty point to have a better treat iykwim x

Yeah I know what you mean, I go for curly wurly 2.5 points and takes ages to eat lol.

I sometimes do think it's as if we still see we are on a 'diet' then anything higher calories or something we love feels like a guilt trip as 'diets' honestly mentally feel like depriving ourselves.This is why I am never on or going on a 'diet' again 22 years if off in off on has made me say enough.
I use ww plan as s guide, if I want something nice I can have it what I tend to do is weigh up how much I need something I used to like higher caloried to what I can have that's filling for when I'm tummy hungry. But of course I eat nicer things we are human but I never reward myself with food.
I feel as long as we are eating in the plan using 95/5 theroy then alls good 95% healthy 5% higher caloried. The guilt drops if you can see occassionallys all good :) x

The last 2 days I have felt better when having a choccy treat, and have got myself a bag of aero bubbles for 4.5 points :)

Back