Do you ever feel...

g1981

Thin People Only
Do you ever look at yourself and think you're not losing weight? :eek: i dont have scales at home, so tend to always look at myself to see a difference. Yes there is one, but not huge! Am i looking way too much? Some of my clothes feel looser but I can still see a big belly hahhahahaha!!
p.s. anyone know any good toning exercises for the inner thighs? Will squats/lunges do?

I think a lot of the time we go through this. If you're not weighing, it's easy to see what you're used to seeing in the mirror, rather than what's actually there. It often works the other way round - we don't realise how heavy we are as we just see what we expect, rather than the reality.

Your brain will catch up soon - in the meantime, know if you're sticking to your plan the weight IS coming off!:cool:

Oh I so feel like that.....but then I am now wearing clothes that I havent been able to wear in months, so I am currently using the mirror to check that I'm clean and presentable rather than wat I look like!! As for toning exercises...I have no idea....but must start using my exercise bike soonish!!

Hi Ive lost 4 stone 2 or 3 times and gone from12 1/2 stone to 8 1/2 stone and felt no differant but I could see in the mirror I was very differant?:confused: :confused: :confused: mind tricks hey?
Exercises can you afford to go to the gym ?
XXC

Yep. Sometimes I think my brain hasn't caught up. I still go to the back of the rack when I'm clothes shopping and I'm now at the middle of the rack. Today I bought a top in a Size "small". That was a first. But I tried on the large and the medium before I realised I was the small. Weird.

I still feel as if I take up the same space in the Universe as I did when I was 19 1/2 stone - I'm now 11 stone 2.

It's like my MIND is the same size and it tends to disregard my body, if you get what I mean.

Bizarre!

hahahahha!! Thank god im not the only one! I think it has to be my mind getting used to what I am seeing. I've only lost 9lbs so far and so not dropped much of a dress size.
Also..i never had a big loss like so many do, on the first week. I only lost 5lbs. I am doing 790 and probably will stick to that, as i have been told on many occassion that there is not much diff in weight loss between ss and 790.
Its ony 3rd week...im expecting miracles..can you believe it.

I think because it does come off fast I expect to wake up a size 10 in the mornings!! :D :D :D :D
hahahahhahahahahaha
and get peeeed off if i havent!! hahahhahah :D :D :D

I had awful problems for the first three months and only for the tape measure and regular photos I would of been lost.

Seem to go through phases as well...for the moment I am in my slim phase...I feel slim...but when I look at my recent photo I see myself as fat....:rolleyes: It is a real mind melt:eek:

Funny thing...I like feeling slim...if I had a choice between seeing myself slimmer in photos or feeling slim in my head...I go for the head.

Makes it easier to stay on my diet.

Love Mini xxx

I think a lot of the time we go through this. If you're not weighing, it's easy to see what you're used to seeing in the mirror, rather than what's actually there. It often works the other way round - we don't realise how heavy we are as we just see what we expect, rather than the reality.

Your brain will catch up soon - in the meantime, know if you're sticking to your plan the weight IS coming off!:cool:

DQ im still waiting for my brain to catch up lmao

I had awful problems for the first three months and only for the tape measure and regular photos I would of been lost.

Seem to go through phases as well...for the moment I am in my slim phase...I feel slim...but when I look at my recent photo I see myself as fat....:rolleyes: It is a real mind melt:eek:

Funny thing...I like feeling slim...if I had a choice between seeing myself slimmer in photos or feeling slim in my head...I go for the head.

Makes it easier to stay on my diet.

Love Mini xxx

I agree with you...however I think I was slim in my head...the mirror told the true story!!! hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

shocking:eek:

No-one is stretching your clothes!!!!!!!!!! You are working hard and are sacrificing a lot to do this ...(mainly food and booze!)
you are getting thin, and will be thin...and soon will feel thin.
Come on Lisa..positive mental attitude!! If not, you will slip and lose the point of what you are doing. What you need is a hug!!
((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))

anyone got any ways on how to feel thin??
like....stand with back to wall, draw around body and do this weekly...to see the shrinkage?
Or why not treat yourself to a makeover? I think that might do the trick!

anyone got any ways on how to feel thin??
like....stand with back to wall, draw around body and do this weekly...to see the shrinkage?
Or why not treat yourself to a makeover? I think that might do the trick!

Hiya- know what u mean about not 'feeling' different - I've lost 3stone so far and, although I'm wearing smaller clothes, I just can't see it yet :rolleyes:

In our house we do the 'hug test' - basically we measured how far up his armsmy son could reach when he hugs me BEFORE I started CD (not far, I can tell ya !) and we check this out at regular intervals...he's amazed at how much further he can reach as the weeks pass... ...and it's good fun too!

Debz
xx

thats a gorgeous idea!!! :p

now to find somebody to hug me........... ahhahahah

My head still hasn't adjusted, but I'm usually pleasantly surprised if I catch my reflection in a shop window when I'm not expecting it.

It's all in the mind.

thats a gorgeous idea!!! :p

now to find somebody to hug me........... ahhahahah

thanx :) - look for someone tall,dark & handsome...rather than 9years old, 4ft 5 and blonde !!

Have fun......;)

Debz
xx

I think because we are loosing weight gradually, you don't realise how much you are loosing. I am now too big for jeans that I couldn't get into 2 months ago and I have only been on the diet for 3 weeks! I look in the mirror and don't feel that I look any different but then I am finding it easier to get out of the bath and off of the floor after changing MJ's nappy. It is little things like this that make me realise that I am loosing weight - as well as what the scales are saying. I think that taking pics every 4 weeks is a good idea because you can compare them and you will see a massive difference!

Back