Do you go to SW on your own or with others?

raquelscatt

I started my SW journey last year, on my own and still attend the same class. I kind of thought, I am doing this for myself so will go on my own.

Since I joined, friends have joined and either got to target, or well on their way and my sister is sticking to plan like glue and has so far last 3.5 stone since March. I, however am like a yo-yo and have lost just under 3 stone since last September :rolleyes:

I am under investigation at the doctors for possible IBS and this is effecting my weight loss or lack of it, massivley. I feel quite envious of friends, and especially my sister, because of how well they are doing.

At the same time last year, I joined the gym but didn't go regularly and a couple of months ago, cancelled my membership. I so now wish I hadn't as funilly enough, I miss it even though I didn't keep to a regular time table of going!! Again, I listened to others and me and a friend were mean't to be going swimming when the kids went back to school in September, so far, we haven't been once yet!

I think often I am best doing things on my own as I get drawn into how well others are doing or their ideas, and feel its getting me down.

Anyone else feel like this and constantly thinking of others and how their slimming/exercise routine is going?

I am even contemplating re-joining the gym as I do miss it!

When I first joined , I joined with my (now ex) boyfriend who had done it before. Since we ate together mostly etc I didn't worry about comparing myself. After I ended it I moved to the other side of town, found a new group and went alone. I prefer going alone, because I've made more friends at the group in 5 months there than I did in 8 or something at the first group, as I only ever spoke to B really.

You need to remind yourself that although we're all going to the same place, every journey is different. Some people take longer, some people do it superfast, some people can 'get away' with things, some people can't, some people fib sometimes. Comparing yourself to others won't necessarily help - so if you're doing it with friends it's worth keeping in mind that you're dufferent people with different body chemistry etc, and you could eat the EXACT same meal for every meal for a week and have different results. Focus on you and what works for you, not on anyone else - easier said than done, but do-able!

Last fine I did SW I did it by myself although made some good friends in group. This time I joined with a friend so we shall see how it goes though its nice to have someone to cheer you on/moan at through the week and not just meetings. I'm quite competitive and we've come up with a bet that whoever loses the least each week has to buy Hifi bats for the other. So far it's helping keep me on track as I refuse to lose!

i go on my own. today was my third meeting and i sat behind a woman who had the tiniest notebook ever (out of a cracker - madness) so i offered her a some paper for someone to write her a recipe then we started speaking she was lovely. I think its nice to learn things about other people who are in the exact same boat as me and you can learn all sorts of hints and tips from others. If one of my friends was there i probably wouldnt have even got speaking to the woman. :)
if someone wanted to come with me i wouldnt mind but i know i would get competitive because ive done it before with weight watchers when me and my best mate went.

:)

I go on my own and have made several friends there. I like that no one knew me before so they only know me as I am now, and aren't judgemental

I go alone - ive also found it a big difference to last time I went with hubby - and never spoke to anyone. Now i'm on my own i've made loads of friends and I love it!

nearly 3 stone is a lot to lose, even if it has taken you over a year. Your weight is heading the right direction for you and you need to remember how far you have come - losing 3 stone is a heck of an acheivement!n Well done!

I go alone as well as none of my friends were interested/willing to pay money to lose weight.

I'm naturally very shy... group situations like this, especially at my top weight scared the sh*t out of me but I knew the hardest part was walking through the door :) Now it's easy and I'm very happy to go on my own - as another poster said it means you can weigh and go or stay and you don't have to decide in advance.

Also I think if I had started with a friend and then they had dropped out or something I probably would have too just because my mate wasn't there as some kind of comfort blanket lol.

It turned out I already knew some of the people at the group and when I saw them as I walked in I thought "WTF am I doing, I thought it'd be strangers, can't embarrass myself in front of people I know" and nearly walked right back out again. But I'm glad I stuck with it :)

i go on my own, i used to go to a group with my mum after work (i work in the city that she lives in but i live in a town close by) i then decided that as i have lived here for 3 years i dont know anyone so i decided to transfer to my local group. i struggled at first to go on my own but find myself more likely to go. i now have people i sit with at group and am much more inclined to stick around for a natter

I go on my own but loads of people I know in the group... Means I can chat to people but also go or stay as I please :)

I go on my own and prefer it that way though I have a friend who is losing weight a different way so we have kept each other company outside of what we are both doing. She does tend to eat fairly similar things to me if we go out. It works well and perhaps we wouldn't have done so well if we hadn't both been trying to lose weight cos our friendship does seem to revolve around coffee and eating. However I have become friends with someone who joined SW the same day as me and whilst she hasn't managed to stick as closely to it as I have I do think it has helped her not to give up completely.

I go alone, I have only had 4 weigh ins but have met some lovely members x

I have always gone on my own.The way I look at it is you start as strangers in group and end up as friends with a common interest and goal! :)

Back