Do you have hungry days?

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
And if so, why? I thought that in ketosis that you didn't get hungry. I've been really hungry all day today. I'm not stressed or anything, so don't think it's emotional hunger, but I genuinely feel empty today. I've not felt like this really over the last almost four weeks. I've drank LOADS of water and tried black coffee, but nothing is helping really. :confused:

I have had the odd "empty" feeling, but the way it feels feels different to me than actual hunger, not sure if that's what you're feeling like?
My stomach does the "gurgle" thing, but I don't 'feel' that in the same way... weird, but used to it now.

Ketosis does generally stop you feeling hungry, but it's not a 100% thing I think, so there will be times when you do actually feel you need to eat - I usually have a shake at these times, even if it's not my personally "alloted" time for one, it seems to do the trick better than water does :)

I strangely get hungry for my shakes if it has been a long time since the last one.
It's not because I've not drank enough water, I always drink the right amount.
I just feel physically hungry & not emotionally.

ye i have hungry days too!! but most of the time its when im heading for a shake etc! if ur finding the shakes ar not helping the hunger split each pack into to!! or add more water!!

I'm starting to think of every hunger pang as an emotional reaction to something, and then try and work out why I feel hungry, because I know I shouldn't. 9 times out of 10, there's an enmotional reason. The other 1 time out of 10, it's because I am about to make a shake!

B x

Yes, I do. I don't understand it. How some days are harder than others. Although I don't eat, I feel on these days, that if I started, I would never stop. Hot drinks seem to help me on these days. Make me feel fuller, much quicker, than water, which takes time to get the affect.

Certainly do. I am starving at the moment - and it's not to do with emotional hunger. Quite often feel hungry in the most bizarre situations.

My stomach feels like my throats been cut!

I think it may be SOUP TIME!

:D

LOL Polly!

Thanks all, I feel normal again! I was starving yesterday. I do feel hungry when it is coming up to my soup or shake time, and this prompts me to realise the time and go and make one.

The only thing that I can think of yesterday is that I was really tired, but maybe this was because I was feeling starving and not starving because I was tired if that makes any sense!!!

Frances, I know exactly what you mean - I felt like I could eat the world yesterday!

Maybe these times are when you should have the savoury drink in. I haven't bought any yet, as I'm buying the sunshine orange to mix with fizzy water in the evening for a 'Tango' (YUM!), and I don't want to buy both. I was going to try the Marigold, but LLC said it's not going to make me lose less weight, but psychologically I am using something not on the plan, so there's the slippery slope starting. I get what she means, as for the last three and a half weeks I have stuck rigidly to the plan, and think if I deviate even for Marigold, I might be tempted in times that are really difficult to try something else!

Don't you all agree it is good to feel that hunger? it reminds you what you are doing & why.
I also love the feeling of not being bloated or having indigestion.
I now have almost non existent IBS problems too.
I just feel empty which is such an empowering feeling for me.

I just think to myself that if I feel hungry my body must be burning some fat off.

That always cheers me up! :D

Don't you all agree it is good to feel that hunger?

hell yeah, I love it when my stomach rumbles a bit.
if someone says "was that your stomach rumbling?"
I say "YEP! :D " and think "woohoo, more at going away!"

Back