Do you lose more weight if you exercise?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Petrina, 29 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Petrina

Petrina Full Member

Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Its my 2nd week of ss tomorrow and I'm gona go to the gym. Will my weight loss increase or doesn't it matter?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maheen

Maheen Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I don't know about weightloss but muscle increases so you may see an increase on the scales but fat content will be down. I love my exercises, and my doctor concluded I have 62% muscle which he was ecstatic about.

4. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    It would be too early in the diet for me to do that. I went out dancing in my third week and I was like a zombie for two days afterwards - soooo tired. I've decided to leave any form of strenuous exercise until I'm down to my target weight, and then go back to the gym. (I went last year when I was really tubby, and it made no difference at all - all I did was pound around and get puffed out. At least when the fat has gone, I'll feel more like going and might even see a difference!)

But everyone's different - what doesn't work for one might work for another! :)

5. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    I go to the gym and have done since week 2 but only do light weights rather than cardio. I can see a difference in my body starting to tone but it could also be why my losses haven't been that great.

I'm sticking with it though as I want to be in the habit of exercising when I get to maintenance and beyond!

6. margie

margie Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(7.76%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I tend to do a workout video at home - to self consious to go to the gym - all my bits still wobble to much lol

you have to see what works for you - take it easy though xxx

7. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,
    I have found exercise hasn't made that much difference to me, last week I did the most exercise in all the weeks and lost the least amount of weight... I am still doing exercise, but its not strenuous I just try and walk alot even if it doesnt show on the scales it makes me feel so much better..

8. squange22

squange22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi!
    I was wondering the same question, I'm on week 3 and i just don't have the energy to go to the gym (Ido have a 16 month old little boy to run around after though!) so i can't be knacked all day as it's not fair on him! I did the Davina Mccall Power of 3 workout dvd the other day and i had to go to bed afterward-i was pooped! lucky my OH was here! I did a bit of reasearch and saw that a mini trampoline (rebounder) was wicked CV excersise, So i've just bought one in Argos for £15.00 to try it out, if i like it, ill buy a more expensive one. Apparently, NASA has even said that rebounder excersise is the best known to man!!no joke- look it up!!LOL! I'll let u know how i get on with it!!! xxxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.