Do you lose more weight if you exercise?

Petrina

Its my 2nd week of ss tomorrow and I'm gona go to the gym. Will my weight loss increase or doesn't it matter?

It would be too early in the diet for me to do that. I went out dancing in my third week and I was like a zombie for two days afterwards - soooo tired. I've decided to leave any form of strenuous exercise until I'm down to my target weight, and then go back to the gym. (I went last year when I was really tubby, and it made no difference at all - all I did was pound around and get puffed out. At least when the fat has gone, I'll feel more like going and might even see a difference!)

But everyone's different - what doesn't work for one might work for another! :)

I go to the gym and have done since week 2 but only do light weights rather than cardio. I can see a difference in my body starting to tone but it could also be why my losses haven't been that great.

I'm sticking with it though as I want to be in the habit of exercising when I get to maintenance and beyond!

I tend to do a workout video at home - to self consious to go to the gym - all my bits still wobble to much lol

you have to see what works for you - take it easy though xxx

Hi,
I have found exercise hasn't made that much difference to me, last week I did the most exercise in all the weeks and lost the least amount of weight... I am still doing exercise, but its not strenuous I just try and walk alot even if it doesnt show on the scales it makes me feel so much better..

Hi!
I was wondering the same question, I'm on week 3 and i just don't have the energy to go to the gym (Ido have a 16 month old little boy to run around after though!) so i can't be knacked all day as it's not fair on him! I did the Davina Mccall Power of 3 workout dvd the other day and i had to go to bed afterward-i was pooped! lucky my OH was here! I did a bit of reasearch and saw that a mini trampoline (rebounder) was wicked CV excersise, So i've just bought one in Argos for £15.00 to try it out, if i like it, ill buy a more expensive one. Apparently, NASA has even said that rebounder excersise is the best known to man!!no joke- look it up!!LOL! I'll let u know how i get on with it!!! xxxxxx

Back