Do You Miss BUTTER????

Vixxtor

The half Syn value comes from the SW syn calculator as they aint listed :)

This is the info from Lakeland for Butter Buds.....

Buds®

Low calorie powdered butter substitute. All the flavour of butter without the fat.
Produced from real butter, Butter Buds undergo a special process that removes the fat and water leaving behind just the original buttery taste.
When sprinkled over hot potatoes, vegetables, pasta or rice, they'll butter you up... but, containing only 5 calories per sachet, not your waistline!
One sachet contains the same flavour as 2 teaspoons of butter (approx. 70 calories!).

• Vegetarian.gif
    vegetarian
</SPAN>
Ref 6744

Pack of 40.

£3.99

This from the Lakeland web site Vix. X

From syns online

Butter Buds Butter Buds, Natural Butter Flavour Granules, dried 2g packet

red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

I find them a bit pricey so I don't buy them regularly but i am tempted occasionally. They do taste okay - not exactly the same as real butter and better than frylight imo.

Circes nice eve couldnt find them on Syns online...

5 calories per sachet = 0.5 Syns according to SW syn calculator so therefore 4 sachets = 2 Syns.

Razzle, I was surprised to find that yes they do taste like butter, eve has now tried them on toast lol i am sure she will let you know what she thinks, I tasted the baked pot and it was lush lol......

Last edited:
5 calories per sachet = 0.5 Syns according to SW syn calculator so therefore 4 sachets = 2 Syns.

Yes yes I understand, but what i'm wondering is, if there's a general 20 cals = 1 syn rule, if 5 cals per butter bud = 0.5 syns, would 2 butter buds at 10 cals also = 0.5 syns, and would 3 butter buds at 15 cals equal 1 syn, making it up to 20 cals for 4 butter buds which would also equal 1 syn?

See what I mean? Can't work that out without the packet info and the syncalc.

1½ Syn per package/portion on Extra Easy 1½ Syn per package/portion on Green 1½ Syn per package/portion on Original
Start Again

thats usinn the calculater with this put in to it
kcals 368
protein1.8
carb75.6
fat 6.5
portion size 8g

So what does that mean? 2 buds are 0.5 syns and 4 are 1.5 syns?

Awesomeness. And do they taste better than Better than Butter Light? I do love buttery scrambed eggs and buttery jacket potato. May pop into Lakeland tomorrow and get me a little buttery treat! :D

i think they are very nice putting them on toast never worked but for the baked pot and putting them in things i would say yes there are a few recipe tips on the back of the pack for things like lemon baked fish butter buds basic white sauce garlic bread but would have to sit and work out syns for them but given time i am sure i will try making other things with them:)

Why not just use low fat marge and syn it for jackets and toast, thats what I do.
But then I dont really use syns for 'treats' such as choccie and crisps cos I prefer to use them for condiments etc

I prefer to use my syns for condiments too, but sometimes Flora Extra Light just doesn't compare to butter. I could syn a chunk of ACTUAL butter, but then i'd have the remains of the butter in the fridge just laughing at me every time I took my Flora Light out.

If I got a pack of those butter buds and had a couple when I wanted a butter fix, they'd last me aaaages and be a welcome change to the tastelessness of FEL! :D

Back