Do you slim too seriously?

i dont plan but i do get serious, i have been religious with my syns and im even a little bit gutted that i got to 15 today as i only wanted to have 10!! lol

I have been doing slimming world since august....to start with i loved it and had great results...but as i got closer to target the last few months iv really struggled....iv still stuck to it 100 % but just havent seen the results....As i take it so seriously....i did start to get very upset every week which made me realise maybe i was obsessed....i havent beeen to class for the last two weeks and still am unsure whether to go back....im still doing slimming world and writing it down...i just hate how my mood was determined by what the scales say!!

I took it very seriously for the first few months, and then slacked a little and then the weight started coming off quicker. Perhaps it's that I wasn't totally obsessed with counting and measuring everything. If I went way over my syns one day, I'd just cut back a little the next and not actually worry about it.

I am very strict, and yes I do take it too seriously. But I really don't believe I could have lost 9 stone if I hadn't. So I am happy to be a diet geek lol!

Erm... yes and no.... Sometimes I have been really hard on myself when I have gone over syns or had a bit of a blow out.... BUT there isn't really alot I can do about it afterwards so have learnt to move on. I try to use my syns daily but smetimes I do need to use them weekly....

I am trying to be more relaxed about my attitude towards food now I am approaching target.... For example.... Last night I ate half a bar of chocolate (half the 200gish sized bar) after I had already used up all my syns for the day. Before I would have really beaten myself up over that, but now I'm ok with it. It's a one off. I'm not going to eat that amount of chocolate in one sitting everyday, or probably not even every week, so what's the harm in doing it once in a blue moon? It's not like I'm never going to eat chocolate ever again!!! (God forbid LOL) but I do need to learn to not have the big bars in the house, because that will spell disaster ;) At the end of the day, if I follow the plan 99% of the time a little blip won't hurt.... and to be totally honest, what is the absolute worst 100g of chocolate can do? It couldn't make me put on more than 1/4 of a pound!!! So as long as I stay good most of the time, and make sure my blips aren't too often then I should lose or maintain alot more often than not.

I don't want food to take over mylife, I control it and I will certainly never let it control me ever again - whether that ne binging or obsessing over diet. Food is fuel at the end of the day, I've learnt to make the right choices without even thinking about it now. Sensible diet = sensible weight or crap diet = crap weight.... No contest now! SW rocks :)

Wow! Thanks for all your replies!

I find that if I get weighed and have put on, I know where and why so I don't feel gutted or anything. Just disappointed with myself as I know it was a lack of will power over the weekend.

When I eventually get to target, I want to stick to the 80/20 diet. Eat good 80% of the time and knowing that if I'm out and eat a Big Mac (nyom!) it's not going to send me on a downward spiral back to junk food and weight gain!

I find I have an issue with that. Instead of eating a chocolate bar, enjoying it and counting it as a one off, I end up eating worse as the day goes on. Feel like I've already ruined the day so why bother being good.

I also feel I need to get out of the 'treat' mentality. I can't be the only one who has a bad day so eats something naughty to cheer myself up. Or have a good day and to celebrate we order a chinese. I need to think of treats that aren't food related!

yeah i used to use food as treats. i don't any more. it's a hard habit to break but i find it helps.

I did think I had quiet a healthy attitude towards SW & the whole plan thingy.

But I did question myself when I started to work out the syns in my easter eggs & for the last two nights (& will continue until the eggs have gone) weighed out 20grms = 5syns worth of choc to go with my 3.5 syn glass of wine:confused:

But I don't feel deprived & I think there is less greed, pre SW I would very easily have eaten a whole egg plus more in one go.

pre SW I would very easily have eaten a whole egg plus more in one go.

I think that's one of the most valuable lessons SW has taught us all!!

It's okay to have an easter egg, just not all of it in one go, its the same with everything synned its taught us how to be naughty but not piggys lol xx

what wine is 3.5 syns?! that's good!

I think that's one of the most valuable lessons SW has taught us all!!

It's okay to have an easter egg, just not all of it in one go, its the same with everything synned its taught us how to be naughty but not piggys lol xx

i think slimming world puts into practice all government advice that we get in a proper plan which we can measure. if you look at the change for life website it gives advice which is compulsary is slimming world. we always hear the saying 'everythign in moderation' and i think slimming world just forces us to do that without us realising because a full easter egg or whatever you might have is NOT in moderation

is it a certain brand or something? my wine is 6 syns for a small glass and 8.5 for a large!

Back