Do you tell people you're taking Xenical?

SerenRock

I imagine this has been discussed before but I'm quite curious as to whether you tell people that you're taking Xenical. My OH knows that I can only have low fat due to them and my Mum is very supportive. My Dad just thinks I'm on a diet. Other than my best mate, I haven't told anyone else. Just try and take the tablet surreptiously and say I am trying to eat low fat.

See I wasn't going to tell anyone apart from my hubby & my best mate but I have found it hard for people to understand that I can't have things so I have ended up telling a fair lot of people & everyone is being so lovely, I was worried they would think it was the easy way out but when they realise how limited your food choices are & how restrained you have to be they are saying "well done, I couldn't do it". And I have decided if they want to take the piss then let them, all that matters is that I am getting slimmer & healthier every day.

Only one friend been a little bit off it & that is cos she is dieting too & has about the same to lose as me but she is going it alone as she takes weekends off, she has been on her diet about 10 weeks & has lost 16lbs & is annoyed that I have nearly caught up with her, I have tried to explain to her that its cos I am being 100% good but she seems convinced these tablets are magic or something

Mr butter knows but noone else x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Hi i have been on the tablets for about 6 weeks and i tell anyone i dont care what they think. Its there problem not mine. But i dont think there doing much for me cos im doing sw as well and not really losing much.

Some people know, some don't. It's mainly been when I've had to explain why I can't eat certain things. Buy I've found the friends who know are really supportive, they were also commenting on my weight loss before they knew and getting praise is great.

But nobody but the Dr & nurse (in the real world) know my start weight. I don't think they'd believe it if they did!

Last edited:
Immediate family know and a girl I work with but that's all

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I told my mum (67) her reaction is I should be able to loose weight with out tablets! Of course she is slim, she binges and fasts (starves) to keep her weight down!
Then her response is what do the tablets do to your body! The evil of medicine!!
Oh well don't talk to her about it now!

Every body else I have told have been ok, supportive, just don't understand the rules of eating- even if I have explained it so many times! Just now say if I eat that I will be on the loo tomorrow so no thanks.. Now they listen! Lol

I told my mum (67) her reaction is I should be able to loose weight with out tablets! Of course she is slim, she binges and fasts (starves) to keep her weight down!
Then her response is what do the tablets do to your body! The evil of medicine!!
Oh well don't talk to her about it now!

Every body else I have told have been ok, supportive, just don't understand the rules of eating- even if I have explained it so many times! Just now say if I eat that I will be on the loo tomorrow so no thanks.. Now they listen! Lol

OMG that is so like my mum!! She hates medicine & sees a herbalist instead (have to say the herbalist is amazing, she has treated me in the past too) & thinks I should just be able to do it, mum is only a size 12-14 & is 70 next month. Me & my sister both have our dads side of the family build!

I tell people at work that if I eat that I will sh*t myself - that normally shuts them up!

A few people at work know but i havent told my family! like others my mother would flip! only because she has tried them and they didnt work!! but hopefully they will for me!

My hubby knows I'm taking alli but no-one else does and I have no intention of telling them, I know as a serial dieter (and usually jumping from one fad to another) the type of comments I will get so decided it was no one elses business lol x

Back