Do you think its possible??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Plumjuice, 18 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Plumjuice

Plumjuice Banned

I currently weight 16 st and would like to lose 6 stone (Im 5f6 but have a larger frame) by the end of September as my BF got us tickets to see Lee Evans in London on my birthday (30th sept)
    Do you think I could lose 6 stone by then? Think it averages out at 10.5lbs per month?
    Thanks
    Pjx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StephenP

StephenP Mines a V&T Please

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Aim to loose 2lb a week unless you train very hard i think not myself you could loose 5 stone?

4. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    I think you might struggle to lose 6 stone, but I think you could easily lose 3 or 4. That's still A LOT tho and by the time you get there you'll be feeling and looking great! :D

DO IT!

:)

5. MissyMustDoIt

MissyMustDoIt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    146.1kg
    Current Weight:
    141.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(3.42%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/bariatric surgery/Slimmm
    id aim for the 3-4 myself......its amazing how different you will look with that much weight gone :D

6. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    just cancel Lee Evans!!!!! Sorry as hard as I try cos my OH loves him I just cant stand him!!!!
    But good luck ;)

7. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I was much bigger than you with I started & was only losing that much a month so think its highly unlikely you'd lose that much per month on average... I would think 4 stone is a more likely loss. x

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I'd aim for a steady 2lb a week loss as Stephen says, that's doable if you stay strict and on plan PJ.

9. Plumjuice

Plumjuice Banned

2lb per week? I could do that on a low calorie diet where I can still eat fruit yogs and cereal :(

10. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    I weighed more than you at the start and was losing 12lbs a month on average on dukan, but after a holiday and christmas that rate went out the window(and thats okay with me).

Life crops up when we're dieting and it can be hard to stay fully focused for that length of time.

However, you'll feel better with a stone lost, and with 2 or 3 or 4 lost, and if you give it a good go you'll be feeling and looking pretty great by septemeber, whether you lose 1 pound a week or 3.

11. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    yes you could. Atkins or any low carb diet ISNT a quick fix. you will have around the same weight loss. If you are looking for a huge loss in a short space of time you are probably looking at VLCD/TFR.

12. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    As Vicky says, but you'd have a large(ish) loss on your first week probably.

13. Seraphine

Seraphine Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.18%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Low carb living doesn't suit everyone, but if you are serious about losing weight, you are in this for the long haul. You can't lose 6 stone in a short amount of time without making some big changes in your lifestyle and eating habits - there's no magic cure.

I've done low calorie diets, and have failed miserably at them long term because I'm always hungry. Yes, I could have Mueller Lights and cereal, but not a lot of them. Trading that in for LC means I'm never hungry, and that means so much in my day to day life, and keeping with the program longer term.

I've lost 4 stone since May and feel pretty great about it, even though there's things I know I can't have anymore. But when I look at the calendar and see how long I've been able to keep it up, I'm thrilled! It hasn't seemed like a long, horrible slog - I've been able to live at the same time as losing weight.

Yes, sometimes it's discouraging when you have a week when you only lose 1 or 2 pounds, but other weeks have bigger losses and that makes it worth it!

Give it an honest try, and if it doesn't suit you, try something else. But just try something - if you aren't happy with your body now, change it.

14. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    22st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.