Do you think i've b*ggered the week up?

yamyam

Weigh in was on Tuesday, but tuesday night I had 16.5 syns. The next day I had about the same, and yesterday I had 8 (plus a handfull of the kids chip shop chips :( ).

I have a few things on my mind at the moment - sad family stuff, and generally I feel very down.

I've lost my food diary sheet so can't remember exactly what i've had - I know i've not been eating eough of the right things though. I stocked up on super speed fruit last night thinking i'd detox a bit on that to see if I can undo some damage, but I just feel that low I don't feel like exercising either which will not help. I have PCOS so unless I work HARD and give it 200% my weight losses will be affected.

Do you think the damage is irrepairable?

No (diet) damage is ever irrepairable, although the longer you keep "syning"(!), the more weight you'll have to lose.

I would suggest that you draw a line under that bad period NOW. Plan ahead what you're going to eat for your meals for a few days, including some healthy treats so that you don't feel deprived at the times you were "syning" in your post.

Often just identifying the time of day at which your willpower can possibly flag is a great help to know, to be able to "plug up that hole" as it were (I always plan an apple at about 5pm, else I know I "could" buy stuff on the way home if hungry).

You've done well. You've lost over a third of the weight you need to lose, so put a stop to this "syning" NOW, rather than let it go over the weekend.

You'll feel so much better for it too - sorry to hear you've personal problems (and PCOS too!). Neither of which help, of course, but aren't insurmountable if you PLAN everything in advance.

Good luck!

Hi Yam Yam,

I feel Maintainer has given you brill advice and I think you need to give yourself a pat on the back for how well you have done so far and draw a line under your slip and move forward.

I use to say to myself when I would break a diet that I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, to justify not doing the diet...I use to think it was all lost, until I began looking at my diet from the view point that this is a journey and not a quick fix as quick fixes when it comes to a diet does not work.

There is no magic pill either.

It is about finding a plan that works for you and then you have got to work the plan.

But the results are well worth it and remember a slip is just a reminder that we must be vigilant and watch what we eat.

I do believe one day if we work at it we will automatically make good choices for ourselves, not just with our diet but in all things...as one thing leads to another.

Sorry to hear also that your having a rough time of it, sending hugs.

Can you do your food diary thread for yourself online and that way it will be there when you want it. Just a thought.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks you two. I think i'm back on track now & have cut right back on my syns and am having ALOT of SS fruit!

If you see me coming out of the loo, then DO NOT ENTER for your own protection!!!

I still feel a bit rubbishy because my period's late, but having PCOS that's not at all unusual. It's just a pain I get all the symptoms but aunt flo never arrives!!

Hope you're both ok. Thanks for helping. :)

hi yamyam,

don't worry about it, we all have days where we slip, I have been slipping since my little girl was born, 15 months ago!!

I too have pcos and do find it difficult to lose weight and very easy to pile it one!

I decided that I want to do something about it instead of sitting around complaining about it so I started slimming world yesterday.

Good luck and if you need a chat, pm me

curly girl
x

Well done Kate on getting back on track.... good luck with the weigh in. SW is a great diet and you didn't go too far overboard at all! Remember to eat lots of free food!!

I'm sure you probably already know this but if you suffer from PCOS it is recomended that you follow a low-carb diet - therefore on SW red days are much better - also there can be lots of carbs in some fruits too.... might be worth checking it out.... if you already know this ..... sorry:eek:

Hiya,

Thanks chick. Yep I know but because i've been doing SW offf & on for years i've sort of worked out what I can handle & what reacts badly to me. I love green days so have them for the first 3 days after weigh in, then I move onto red for the rest of the week staying away from bread & starchy stuff.

Looks like my method worked this week anyway - I lost 2.5lbs making my first stone in 5 weeks!

Thanks for replying. It's hard to say "yep I know" without sounding snotty lol! Thanks again chick. xxx

Well done on losing a stone, thats brilliant :)

Hiya,

Thanks chick. Yep I know but because i've been doing SW offf & on for years i've sort of worked out what I can handle & what reacts badly to me. I love green days so have them for the first 3 days after weigh in, then I move onto red for the rest of the week staying away from bread & starchy stuff.

Looks like my method worked this week anyway - I lost 2.5lbs making my first stone in 5 weeks!

Thanks for replying. It's hard to say "yep I know" without sounding snotty lol! Thanks again chick. xxx

Didn't sound snotty at all.....lol!!!! I must have had PCOS for years (probs concieving etc) and it was only when I was properly diagnosed and did a bit of research that I found out about the low carb stuff..... no wonder SW didnt work properly for me...... I lived on green days.....:rolleyes:

Great losses btw...... your doing great..... love your avatar pic tooo dharling....lol:D

Thanks chick. I had trouble trying to conceive too. All the drugs didn't work on me, clomid, puregon & profasi etc... so in the end I let a surgeon have a bash at drilling my ovaries & wham bam thank you ma'am, I got twins!

After they were born I had my ovaries drilled again (& got sterilised at the same time - just in case!) and my periods aren't too bad now. One every 6 weeks-ish. Recently I moaned to my GP and she gave me metformin the insulin sensitising drug but it didn't have any effect on me so I stopped taking it. I know as soon as the weight shifts my symptoms will improve. I'm getting a bit fed up of the goatie beard!

K x

Back