Do you think your body decides an ideal weight?

lauren245

I have been at target for a couple of months. My class target was 9 st 3, but that was in the evening, with clothes, after dinner. This was equal to about 8st 10 in the morning, no clothes, before food.

I have been playing about with syns etc trying to maintain. My weight seems to fluctuate between 8st 9 and 8 st 11 . This may go up slightly for a day or two if I have a big blowout weekend, but generally goes back down into this range again within a couple of days.

Yesterday i was 8 st 9 exactly. I have been pretty well on plan for the last couple of days. Last night my husband got kfc and chocolate for dinner and i made noodles with chicken and veg, followed by a mullerlight. Before I never would have resisted the kfc, last night it honestly didn't bother me.

This morning I am 8 st 11. I can't understand how I am 2 lbs heavier after 2 days of being good.

Maybe fluid retention?
Natural fluctuation?
My husband's answer: "just go and take a big poo" ha ha

I would quite like to get to 8 st 7, just as i like round numbers, but i just seem to stick in the range 8 st 9-11 . Do i just accept this is where my body wants to stay, or push for the extra 2 pounds. Exercise doesn't really seem to affect my weight. I do feel better at 8 st 9 than 8 st 11. I can nearly feel the extra 2 pounds.....i nearly know before i weigh myself.

Or do i just ditch the scales.

I'd stop weighing yourself, your at target, your weight does fluctuate from day to day ect. That extra 2lbs will come off if you stick to the plan, but it might take its time. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm at my target of 9stone as well, I also get weighed in the evening, I don't know how much I weigh in the morning as I don't have any scales. But I really want to get below 9 stone, just so I can say I'm in the next stone bracket, last week I was 100% on plan but I gained 1/2lb (I only wanted 1/2lb loss to get into the 8 stone bracket lol) but I'm not stressing about it. I don't have to pay as I'm in my range and I know eventually I will get below that 9 stone point

I haven't been to group in about 6 weeks. My group was in the evening, and quite a drive. I found that I was getting reluctant to eat much all day knowing I was getting weighed in the evening. Plus my consultant wasn't great. I am at the point where the website is telling me i need to weigh in to continue access. I barely use the website though, so am wondering if i should just let it lapse, eat reasonably without obsessing, and weigh myself every month or so to make sure i am not going way off track.

how come you weighed 7 pound less the morning after, i only ever weigh about 1-2 pound less!

I weigh so much more at weigh ins as i wear jeans, trainers, belt, big jumper. The clothes must weigh about 5 pounds. I just wore the same every week as that is what i happened to be wearing the night i joined.

Back