Do you use anything to 'boost' your weight loss, does it work?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I did the cambridge diet for a couple of months and lost a great amount of weight. I can't afford to carry on with that now so I'm doing a healthy eating and exercise plan. But the thing is, on CD, especially at the beginning, you get used to seeing high losses each week. I lost 2 and a half stone in two months. I won't get that doing this. So while I'm happy with every loss, it always seems like it's not very much seeing as I generally lost 4-6lbs a week on Cambridge.

I've heard about lots of things that supposedly work, like Alli, certain herbal remedies etc. but I don't know if they actually work.

Just wondering if anyone uses anything to boost their losses? Does it actually work, how much does it cost and would you recommend it?

Alli didnt work for me because it blocks fat in the food you eat and i didnt eat enough fat for it to block anything same with my mother in law..so unless your eating very unhealthy i dont see how it would work. I use green tea fat burners..its natural and helps with energy..dont know if its really made me lose any weight but it makes me feel better...once a month after your "monthly gift" you can use water pills to help reduce the bloating..that helps get atleast a pound off of me. And just take fiber pills everyday to help you use the restroom will really make a difference! Goodluck hun and remember the healthy way is to lose 2lbs a week. So if you arent losing that maybe bump up the walking. And remember if your working out your building muscle which weighs more so you may really be losing alot in fat a week but keeping the same weight because of muscle so you should measure your stomach, ect and then once a week remeasure and weigh.. will help with you knowing how much your really losing.

Thanks for the advice :)

I weigh and measure myself every Weds, so know sometimes I don't lose lbs but do lose inches.

I reckon it's all things that offer great results, but I doubt any of them really give them. I should probably just stick to the healthy eating and gym and stop looking for a way to speed it all up!

Yup you need to get use to those things so WHEN you do hit your goal weight you will have to continue those things to keep that weight off..its a lifestyle change when you start losing weight!

My remedy for weight loss is not a pill or product or anything like that. Here is what I do and thus far I have been successful.

I switch diet programs every week. I know is sounds weird but it works for me. I continue to eat healthy and I take a multi vitamin every day.
One week I follow low carb, the next cal counting, once a month I do 4 days of the cabbage soup diet. It really cleans and detoxes my system and I feel really good afterward. I rotate these diets and lose weight. Recently I have been sticking to them and have lost at least 3-4 pds per week. I don't know how you would feel about my plan but it works for me and I feel good. I am really seeing results.:) Good luck I hope you find something that works for you.
Also, have you tried zig zagging, calorie shifting or calorie cycling?
They all all the same by a diff name. I have read up on that and have heard it really works. After Christmas I will be trying it.

Back