Extra Easy Do you use syns for sweet or savory?

welshgirl21

Silver Member
I was just wondering if I should try and avoid using my syns everyday for sweet treats and use them as extras for my meals instead?

I usually use them for a 2 finger kit kat or cadbury light mousse every day but would I be better using them for a bit of cheese with dinner or a low syn salad dressing?

Use them for whatever you want! Mine is usually for chocolate!

i use them for both!!!! i dont pre-plan my syns and use them for what i fancy on a day to day basis.
sometimes i may have the same thing for days on the trot but only because i fancy it!

I usually use my syns in my dinner for things like gravy etc but everyone is different and u should use them if u fancy a little bit of chocolate x

I very rarely use my syns on savory stuff, all ten are usually used on chocolate and marshmallows! :) Sometimes on extra cereal bars or biscuit bags to dunk in my coffees. :)

Depends what rocks your boat I suppose - I dont drink and dont eat things like biscuits\chocolate\crisps so my syns pretty much all go on "proper" foods

But that is not better than using syns on those things - it is whatever works for you and keeps you on track

Mind varies - sometimes I will have extra bits and bobs with meals (a bit of gravy, or mayo, salad dressing, low fat spread, cook in sauce etc) and sometimes I have some chocolate (multipack Twirl at 9 syns is my favourite).

I try not to eat chocolate out of habit every day because that's what got me here in the first place, but I certainly don't deny myself if that's what I fancy.

Use them on what you fancy! I don't usually crave sweet stuff unless it's my TOTM so I usually use mine for sauces, dressings or to have a drink.

I use mine for alcohol but I am trying to be as careful as possible coz after a few alcohol syns those food syns are all the more tempting! X

I am quite good at spending syns on alcohol too :silly:
I thought I'd use lots on choccy as I have a terrible sweet tooth but so far mine seem to be going on extras during my meals such as low fat mayo, low fat sausages, sugar on cereal etc
To be honest though, I ate so much chocolate at Christmas I've had my fill at the moment but I know it won't be long before the cravings are back...

My friend has been doing SW a while and gave me an odd tip which I've not tried yet. She breaks a bar of chocolate in to pieces of about 3 syns each and then puts the pieces in a freezer bag in the freezer. When she wants a bit she has a frozen piece and said it takes her ages to eat as its err frozen!! lol
Sounds mad but I might give it a go.

I was just wondering if I should try and avoid using my syns everyday for sweet treats and use them as extras for my meals instead?

I usually use them for a 2 finger kit kat or cadbury light mousse every day but would I be better using them for a bit of cheese with dinner or a low syn salad dressing?

Better in what way? Syns are syns. They are there to use as you like.

Sometimes I use mine for sweet things, other times I use them for oil, butter, cheese, bread, etc., etc.

Josiecat said:
To be honest though, I ate so much chocolate at Christmas I've had my fill at the moment but I know it won't be long before the cravings are back...

Hmm I think Xmas excess might have done a lot of us good as we'll probably be good as gold for another 50 weeks now! :)

Thanks guys, my back on track day started well today - salad for lunch with bacon in fry light, boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion and mushrooms. Did 3k on the treadmill and 5k on the bike, now having pasta and sauce.

Also found co-op fairy cake mix which makes 12 cakes and they work out as 4 1/2 syns on all plans so I can bake and not blow the syn bank.

Back