Do you watch your BMI?

purplespiders

Do you get as please seeing your BMI go down as your pounds float away?
I love getting on the scales to see my weight go down but I find something really satisfying about my BMI going down. Esp going to Obese to just 'very overweight' (it's a pity I've done it three times now!).
I'm trying to make a deal with myself that I will do my very best to keep a decent eye on my weight even when I'm not dieting so I will never pop back into obese again.
xx

It's nice to see your bmi go down but some one told me its really only a very rough guideline!! And not to take it for gospel!

I think sometimes because my bmi says I'm overweight in makes me feel fatter and actually makes me feel worse about myself!

And sometimes it can be even worse because people wanna get to the lowest part of their bmi scale but with their body shape and where they carry the weight it what way they look!

I love the first part when I get from obese to overweight but agree with Chelly, when the lbs and inches are coming off and still in the overweight category, my BMI actually disheartens me. I would need to lower my target by another 7-8lbs to hit a normal BMI so if I manage that then the BMI will defo be my target but until then I'm ignoring it :)

I dont think BMI is a good way to judge weight loss. Some groups of ppl have heavier bones & more muscle mass and so may be overweight despite being a decent size. It's an ok tool but I think inches lost and how one looks is a much better indicator of how u r doing. But as ppl have said the lower it gets the more it spurs u on with loosing weight....

I agree it's not the only way to look at weight but I suppose lots of things are given/not given by the medical profession due to BMI, you can argue bone density till you are blue in your face with the GP but if your BMI is too high they just won't consider you for some things! But for me the main mini victory is Obese to Over weight, love that feeling!

I just made it from Obese to overweight today and as it was one of my goals feeling great about it.....now just need to figure out how to change my weight details on my profile from my iPad!!

I know what you mean about the guidance according to BMI that the medical profession follow. I find it annoying too....it's a defo great feeling to coming down between ranges.

Super congrats Iron Bru! Is iron bru allowed on Exante, I wish it was, can't see Barr doing a Zero version though!

There's a diet version of it but not sure about the zero calories etc lol!

Well done for crossing that barrier irn bru =)

Back