Do you..

katywoo87

Gold Member
Do you plan your day ahead completely for all three meals and snacks... Or do you point as the day goes on and whatever points you're left with you try to stick within for dinner?

Do you think either would make a significant difference in weight loss? I tend to point as the day goes on or plan breakfast and lunch then make do with whatever is left for dinner.

Id like to hear everyones views :)

Heyya :) I tend to plan & point my three meals in advance, that way I know ill have 3 good meals, then with whatever's left I use for snacks..means I can snack on what I fancy, I still get a little bit of freedom! I don't think it should make too much difference? As long as you stick to your point allowance, I think! X

I find it easier to stick to if I plan ahead. I always allow for my tea and an evening snack then I know I can use the rest of the points if needed during the day, I'm a snacker so need something other than my meals xx

Seems like this is where i could be going wrong... Trying to find things to 'fit' my points at the end of the day for dinner.

I plan about 4 days in advance. I found that control was a big element in the WW plan if I wanted good losses...

Do you plan your day ahead completely for all three meals and snacks... Or do you point as the day goes on and whatever points you're left with you try to stick within for dinner?

Do you think either would make a significant difference in weight loss? I tend to point as the day goes on or plan breakfast and lunch then make do with whatever is left for dinner.

Id like to hear everyones views :)

Hi-I,ve tried planning in advance but i,ve found that I either don,t fancy the food that i,d planned or something happens to cock it up like OH wanting a takeaway on a different night! I find it easier to adapt as I go along and it takes the pressure off a bit! Just shows we,re all different!
Sal x

I plan about 4 days in advance. I found that control was a big element in the WW plan if I wanted good losses...

I suppose you are right! Its also about maximising those points too as i get so hungry.. I planned today yest, and tomorrows all planned as well.

When I did that it kept ending in disaster, try planning and see if your more successful x

Yes same has been happening with me.. Makes it more stressful trying to fit a dinner into points left when im starving after coming in from work shattered! Fingers crossed it works for me this week x

Hi-I,ve tried planning in advance but i,ve found that I either don,t fancy the food that i,d planned or something happens to cock it up like OH wanting a takeaway on a different night! I find it easier to adapt as I go along and it takes the pressure off a bit! Just shows we,re all different!
Sal x

I am gonna try plan ahead whilst i can but i have found the same usually.. I will see how i get along with planning x

I suppose you are right! Its also about maximising those points too as i get so hungry.. I planned today yest, and tomorrows all planned as well.

Spot on about maximising...eat low pointed but filling foods. Fresh fruit and vegetables are free and a good way of filling up. I always go for porridge for breakfast, grated apple in it with a dash of cinnamon... definitely keeps hunger at bay until lunchtime for me :)

My consultant told me to try not to have more than my 5 fruit or veg, that's its zero points but not unlimited. Not sure if all consultants say that? But I found using the fruit as my breakfast and morning snacks and the last bit with my lunch gets it out the way and it fills me up better, where as I used to think I'll save my veg for tea to bulk it out as I never had many points left and I'd think oh well I'll snack on fruit after my tea but it never worked out like that, now that I eat it first my points last longer into the day xx

Last edited:
My consultant told me to try not to have more than my 5 fruit or veg, that's its zero points but not unlimited. Not sure if all consultants say that? But I found using the fruit as my breakfast and morning snacks and the last bit with my lunch gets it out the way and it fills me up better, where as I used to think I'll save my veg for tea to bulk it out as I never had many points left and I'd think oh well I'll snack on fruit after my tea but it never worked out like that, now that I eat it first my points last longer into the day xx

That's ridiculous. In France the recommended number of fruit and veg portions is NINE! Nearly everywhere else in Europe it's higher than here. Apparently they suggest five here because it's a more manageable target for us Brits!

Sorry but I'd ignore your consultant and enjoy your 0pp fruit and veg. As long as your losing I really wouldn't worry about how much you're having, especially of the veg!

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I assume its because although its zero points its still got a calorie value but I've been having 5/6 potions of fruit, plus salad most days.
On a Sunday I fill up with fruit for breakfast because we have Sunday dinner at mother in laws at 2.30 and there we have 5-6 veg on our plate, it'd be 8 but I don't like sprouts or peas. I think if I start to slow down on the weight loss I'll swap more fruit for veg x

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I assume its because although its zero points its still got a calorie value but I've been having 5/6 potions of fruit, plus salad most days.
On a Sunday I fill up with fruit for breakfast because we have Sunday dinner at mother in laws at 2.30 and there we have 5-6 veg on our plate, it'd be 8 but I don't like sprouts or peas. I think if I start to slow down on the weight loss I'll swap more fruit for veg x

That sounds like quite a standard weightwatchers diet! Is this your ww leader who suggested you cut down? If it's working for you at the moment, I say stick with it. Very odd... :)

That's ridiculous. In France the recommended number of fruit and veg portions is NINE! Nearly everywhere else in Europe it's higher than here. Apparently they suggest five here because it's a more manageable target for us Brits!

Sorry but I'd ignore your consultant and enjoy your 0pp fruit and veg. As long as your losing I really wouldn't worry about how much you're having, especially of the veg!

I have to say I agree.. If snacking on fruit and veg prevents snacking on something else surely that is better?

That sounds like quite a standard weightwatchers diet! Is this your ww leader who suggested you cut down? If it's working for you at the moment, I say stick with it. Very odd... :)

Hiya, it was my WW consultant it was my first class so she was giving me the plan details so I'm just going to keep going the way I can if I'm still losing :) thanks

It wasn't my intention to hijack your thread sorry, I was just tryin to explain why I swapped my fruit and veg schedule around getting the most out of my points so I go further through the day hardly using my points. I must say though I've been doing WW from home for a while with the support of friends doing it and they don't know anything about restricting the fruit and veg intake either. Good luck x

It wasn't my intention to hijack your thread sorry, I was just tryin to explain why I swapped my fruit and veg schedule around getting the most out of my points so I go further through the day hardly using my points. I must say though I've been doing WW from home for a while with the support of friends doing it and they don't know anything about restricting the fruit and veg intake either. Good luck x

O not at all.. Its interesting to get everyones views and see what works for them. That was the whole point of me making this thread so i could get a range of views and opinions x

It's good to try different strategies, I find I really struggle to drink enough too unless I get at least two pints of water out the way before 12 but I find I lose more on weeks I drink plenty - that said I have 4 cups tea, and 1.5 ltrs water/juice at least Mon- Fri but I just can't stick to it at weekends, I don't drink much at all on weekends w

Back