Doc would rather put me on orlistat

hello i have been in touch with my LLC and she has given me the name of a retired doctor to sign my sheet.
Im a nurse and was wondering if it would be ok to even ask some of the doctors on my ward to sign it? and even my colleagues to check my BP for me?
thanks

Good evening all, My GP don't charge, but I heard someone say there is a local chemist who charges £5 which is not bad if you can not get into the doctors.

I would really like to find a chemist near me who only change £5! Been doing some ringing around, although no luck yet...

xx

Ooh, well, yes, I did find one which is right near me actually, and dropped them an email a few days ago... but they didn't reply!

Thanks for the info though... will pop in there tomorrow then, and check for sure. Fab!

xx

Do none of you know any nurses that could do your blood pressure for you, I'm a student nurse (only 8 mths till I qualify) luckily I've got lots of friends who are nurses so I get them to check my blood pressure and sign my form they just need there registration number, can't believe they pharmacy charge £5 to check it for u. Even worse gps that charge £40 that's shocking

Hi Pinkie. I always go to my local Asda Pharmacy where it's free and no appointment needed. If it's busy you may have to wait to be seen but they have always been great for me.

Hey Becky...

Yeah, that'd be perfect! I have googled Asda in the Reading area, but cannot tell if any of them have pharmacy's... I don't normally shop in Asda so am not sure if they usually have them, so maybe aren't listed as such... any idea?

I have found one in Lower Early which is only about 15 mins away, so will try them... thanks so much though! Free, and no appointment necessary? can't argue with that!! ;)

xx

Generally if they are 24 hour stores they should have a pharmacy. I went to them for over 7 months when I did LL last time and you get to know the doctors/pharmacist and they get interested in your weight loss that month. Maybe have a ride out if you have a spare evening. Good luck x x

Ah, will do Becks! You're a star! :)

xx

hello i have been in touch with my LLC and she has given me the name of a retired doctor to sign my sheet.
Im a nurse and was wondering if it would be ok to even ask some of the doctors on my ward to sign it? and even my colleagues to check my BP for me?
thanks

Rainbow, I work in the NHS and got my colleague who is Head of Nursing to sign mine off and had no problems. In fact you only need someone at Practice Nurse level so I overdid it! For other people who don't have access to hot and cold running clinicians, I would suggest calling your GP's Practice Nurse as s/he would probably not charge, or certainly not as much.

Back