Doctors and CD

time4action

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I went to the doc's this morning and wasnt quite sure what sort of reception I would get when I told her I wanted to go on the CD.

She thought it was a great idea. I'm healthy, on no medication and have no history of anything untoward and she was really postitive.

So my fears have been thwarted (omg who uses the word thwarted nowadays lol) anyway I feel even more positive now that she's given it the green light and spoke about it in such a good way.

Roll on tomorrow night now when I see my CDC again and can get started for real.

Had a few sample packs over the weekend and was delighted with the quality of flavours, really nice !!!!!

T4A

My doc was exactly the same when I went to get signature to start. She was very enthusiastic, positive about the diet and offered help wherever she could give it. She said it was one of the only diets she would endorse and wished me all of the luck in the world.

Very positive!!:)

Excellent time4action. You sound so positive. This diet is great and I wish you all the luck for tomorrow night.

I'm glad your doctor is so supportive. When i went to mine about doing lighterlife he pretty much told me i was daft and offered me slimming pills instead!

So do you need to have something signed by your doctor before you can go on CD?

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I went to the doc's this morning and wasnt quite sure what sort of reception I would get when I told her I wanted to go on the CD.

She thought it was a great idea. I'm healthy, on no medication and have no history of anything untoward and she was really postitive.

So my fears have been thwarted (omg who uses the word thwarted nowadays lol) anyway I feel even more positive now that she's given it the green light and spoke about it in such a good way.

Roll on tomorrow night now when I see my CDC again and can get started for real.

Had a few sample packs over the weekend and was delighted with the quality of flavours, really nice !!!!!

T4A

That is brill news!!!

Good luck with starting your CD journey tomorrow!

Love Mini xxx

I'm glad your doctor is so supportive. When i went to mine about doing lighterlife he pretty much told me i was daft and offered me slimming pills instead!

So do you need to have something signed by your doctor before you can go on CD?

These are the new rules, not familiar with them myself and I asked CD Counsellor about them...

Now the CDC just has to write to the GP advising them their patient is following a VLCD (600 cals or less) to keep them informed. They do not have to give permission or sign anything the onus is then on them if they wish to discuss the matter with their patient.

If the patient does not want the GP informed they have to follow the new 615 programme which is 4 packs and 200ml skimmed milk or 3 packs and a 200 cal meal bit like AAM for the full 12 weeks. 12 weeks is the maximum on a VLCD (800 cals or less) then a week at 810 has to be introduced then back to SS if the client wants to.

The booklets and new MRF's are not yet available will be soon.

New customers will have to follow new rules, however, if existing customer wants to do SS for 12 weeks we must inform the GP.

My GP was wonderful - I am on anti-d's which is why I needed Dr's sign off.... Her only advise was that in order to be successful longterm that the diet / focus should not be entirely around SS'ing to reach goal but ensuring that you SS to a healthy point and then start going on the plans to reach goal - when I explained to her the mechanics beind the full programme she bid me good luck and ask me to pop back 1 x per month to let her know how I was getting on xxx

You have to have agreement signed by your doctor if your bmi is over 40, which mine was; otherwise CD just write to your doc to let them know. (as far as I know)

Now the CDC just has to write to the GP advising them their patient is following a VLCD (600 cals or less) to keep them informed. They do not have to give permission or sign anything the onus is then on them if they wish to discuss the matter with their patient.

If the patient does not want the GP informed they have to follow the new 615 programme which is 4 packs and 200ml skimmed milk or 3 packs and a 200 cal meal bit like AAM for the full 12 weeks. 12 weeks is the maximum on a VLCD (800 cals or less) then a week at 810 has to be introduced then back to SS if the client wants to.

The booklets and new MRF's are not yet available will be soon.

New customers will have to follow new rules, however, if existing customer wants to do SS for 12 weeks we must inform the GP. ...

does this still apply if your bmi is over 40 though?

Yes your medical form will have to be signed if your BMI is over 40 - or for anyone of any BMI with a medical condition/prescriptions other than contraceptives.

Interestingly, when I phoned my surgery to make an appointment, I was asked to wait until the lady doctor (my doctor) was in the following week as the male doctor on that evening would not be sympathetic and may even refuse to sign it - as he has done on other occasions!!
My doctor told me to go away and come back slim!! She was really lovely!
x

does this still apply if your bmi is over 40 though?

The rules posted by Mini are if all is okay and you want to go on CD.

If you have any medical condition, on medication or BMI 40 or above the original rules still apply.

Its just now anyone at all on 600 cals or less must give consent for their GP to be notified so that they are aware.

Just started this week, my BMI was 41.3 so had to go to the doctor - they were fine about it and signed no problems. I can't think why they would object, with all the press about obesity they should be glad we've taken the initiative to do something about it.

One of the reasons I posted this thread this morning was after reading some postings from people who'd encountered negativity recently. Mostly with people telling them that they were harming themselves doing this.

If doctors (and the majority of postings suggest this) are so positive about this then it dismmisses all that negativity.

In my case, I'm just thrilled that she was so positive, it means in my head there is zero doubt.

:) T4A

Phew I am so pleased that everyone's doctors have been fine..I didn't have to be signed off by the doctor as my bmi and health are fine. But my friends and family have been panicking me with all the negative press on the TV and a few people in my area have been rushed into hospital because of the cd. I think it must be the media scaring people...Am I panicking over nothing?x

Phew I am so pleased that everyone's doctors have been fine..I didn't have to be signed off by the doctor as my bmi and health are fine. But my friends and family have been panicking me with all the negative press on the TV and a few people in my area have been rushed into hospital because of the cd. I think it must be the media scaring people...Am I panicking over nothing?x

What the papers don't say is if these people followed the diet to the letter. If you drink alcohol whille SSing, as said on this forum, then you put yourself at risk. Same if you don't drink water. It is like when Doctors give you medicine: if you don't take it the way it is intended to be taken, then you will have trouble, even with things that seem as harmless as paracetamol.

Glad your GP was positive! :D

Last edited:
The pleasure is all mine missgeorgie :D

I was quite scared before starting, mainly because of remarks from my so called "friends". But I asked a lot of questions around, read a lot online (and not just the explanations on the CD website) and I came to the conclusion that one thing was certain: my actual weight WAS the dangerous thing here :eek:

Fat body doesn't mean fat brain. I can read and question too :D. But people tend to forget this :rolleyes:.

Good luck with your diet :D. I just started yesterday, after 1 month of healthy eating. And I feel like it is the best decision I could take.

Thanks you 2...its a really great diet if you can stick to it..I have lost 33 pounds since 3rd Jan..just hope that my over indulging at the weekend hasn't done 2 much damage....I get weighed on Wed so lets see but it was my goal to myself to have a break on my bday.

Good luck tomorrow drinking plenty of water and stay positive its worth it promise hun..
xxx

Back