Doctors Signature Requirements Cambridge Diet

I went to my doctors today to get my form signed as I am on medication. She signed it after filling in the details when I went to pay at reception she wasn't sure how much it was but did state that the lighter life was £66 ! I near on choked at this point and pointed out to her that was awful. I said to her that I thought that was awful that someone who was trying to do something Bout their health could be charged. I'll just charge you the lowest fee was her reply this was £14.50 so not so bad what a nice lady :)

Hey, found you. Had an old registration on here. I was lucky, my GP winked, said dont tell the girls on reception and signed, didnt have to pay a penny. Start sole source today.

Hey, found you. Had an old registration on here. I was lucky, my GP winked, said dont tell the girls on reception and signed, didnt have to pay a penny. Start sole source today.

Hi Angie yes here I am and now today I started x

sorry again for barging in

i was wondering if somebody who has a bmi in the 20's but needs to lose a few pounds could join cambridge to do the 1000 plan to lose the last few pounds..or do you have to start heavier at a lower plan

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please tell me how i could start cambridge diet, and how much it costs? Is there also a difference between this one and lipotrim diet?
Thanks in advance x

Hi Stacie,

You can only get Cambridge products from a registered cambridge consultant. If you go on the cambridge website Cambridge Weight Plan: a flexible range of weight management programmes aimed at both men and women all the information is on there.

You need to go to the "Consultants" part and type in your postcode to find a consultant in your area.

The cost varies dependant on what your consultant charges per product and what plan you go on - there's 6 steps to the Cambridge Plan, you don't have to do Sole Source or Sole Source plus.

Mine charges £1.85 per shake/soup/porridge and £2.10 per bar and tetra (ready made shakes).

It costs me around £40/week to do SS/SS+.

There's lots of info on the website including info about ketosis, what you can and can't eat, frequently asked questions etc....

xxxx

thanks yes. sorry for buggging everyone. i did think you could only get cambridge stuff from cambridge diet counsellors. I was just wondering if they would let you join on the 1000 calorie plan to lose 10 pound and then maintain

will look up the website

thanks

Why do you need permission from your doctor if your BMI is over 40 but not if it is under 40?

I was also wondering if anyone has done anything like Slim Fast to get rid of some weight to get you under the magic number? My BMI is currently 44.

Last edited:
They are not signing to give their permission just to confirm the medical history you have given is correct!

Can you still do cambridge if doctor wont sign the forms? I have an appointment with them tomorrow but am worried they wont sign the forms

Every time I have done cambridge, Ive had to get a form signed, as I take Thyroxine daily, so I kind of know by now which Dr's will sign, and which won't. Since I last started, there have been alot of Dr's leave my surgery, and new ones re-start, so I was panicing about getting my form signed this time, as I had booked an appiontment with one of the new Dr's, but he didn't question me at all, signed it, and wished me luck. Im so relieved. Also not charge, but my surgery never have charged me to have my forms signed for VLCD. One of the Dr's I know wont sign because 'you will gain all the weight again once you start eating' has spoken to me in the past about weight loss surgery (although I didnt qualify) but he said he believed if obese people were given surgery on the NHS, then in the long run, it would save them billions, yet he won't sign a VLCD form. Hmmm?

My friend took her form to be signed, a couple of days later she went to pick it up and they told her that it would be a £30 fee. She told them she was refusing to pay it and demanded they gave her the form back as it was her property and she needed it to take to another doctor. The receptionist gave her the form back, which had been signed, and she skipped out of the door :p

Love it! :)

I'm umming and arring between cd and exante. If I choose to do cd I don't want my doctor to know, basically she's a cow,unsupportive and doesn't understanding dieting, I'm on Xenical and I want to use Xenical for re feed, but I know she won't give me or approve vlcd. (I won't be taking Xenical while on vlcd)

So I'm wondering which step of cd I can do.. I would like to go on ss, but I don't know if I can without the docs, I have no medical issues.

If i choose Exante, I can do whatever I want. there wouldn't be any point me doing a the 1200 cal on cd as I don't eat over that now..

Can't you have the letter sent to another doctor.
I'm pretty sure you can do ss+ with having to tell doctor.

*without

I spoke with the cdc and all plans with a bmi of 40 or over have to be co signed by a doctor, that includes ss all the way through..I've got the form and spoke with my doctor today, i think she will sign it, but she's reluctant :(

Back