Doctors Signature Requirements Cambridge Diet

How did you get on with your weigh in?

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Hey! I lost 9lb at my weigh in on Thursday! I was so pleased! I feel like all that stress was worth it, I just need to carry it on now! :) x

Wow fantastic I bet you feel great! It was all worth roll on week two a big weight loss will focus you more on week 2. I'm finding week two a lot easier x

my bmi is 37 so think i'm alright lolx

my bmi is 37 so think i'm alright lolx
My BMI was 37 as well, I had to get a doctors note because of certain medication that I'm on. I wouldn't have been contra-indicated so in a way I just wish that I had kept my mouth shut! haha x

My GP signed off my form no questions asked! It may be because I'm a senior nurse and she didn't want to undermine me. She's a very good GP but she's leaving the proactive soon :-( I may have to stalk her a little to find out where she's moved to and transfer to that surgery.
Youd think that with such high rates of obesity that gp's would sign the forms for free as it eases the strain in NHL resources rather than lining the pocket of a GP who is already paid very well

Hoping to start CD v. soon but haven't met my CDC yet. Am I better waiting to see my doctor until after I've met my CDC or going first? Don't want any delays as I'm feeling ready to shift some weight, and dont want to cave in before
I've even started! Help!

Can you call your consultant and ask her which way is best. I would probably go before as impatient and I couldn't wait to start lol x

I met my consultant tonight, and sadly I need to get my Dr to sign my form before I can start :(

Quite disappointing but im still determined to do it

It will be worth the wait, I was eager to start too x

Well I started day 2 probably more positive than ever! but had to go to the doctors to pick up my sign off form and he has refused! Now I know that I should not have started without but my friend had given me a load of shakes and stuff to use and I really didnt imagine that my doctor would be so damn narrowminded about it all! CDC has really told me off for starting without it too and now I just dont know what I am going to do! Doctor said that because I take metformin (a tablet used for diabetics but I am not a diabetic I have PCOS) and he doesnt agree with a "fad" diet he will have to look into it and I should call back next Thursday for an answer!!! AAAARRRGGGGHH!!!!!

So after coming out of the surgery a rant on the phone to my Mum followed by a breakdown in tears I called my consultant. She told me off for starting (whoops) and then asked me to pop round for a letter and leaflet "information for doctors" advised I take it back round to them and ask him to read it before dismissing me again.

So off I trotted - spoke to the receptionist and explained the situation to her (thankfully she was lovely as I was fit to explode!!!!) and said she will have a word with him and give me a call and let me know if he signs it.

I think I was so upset as I have been preparing for this for about 5 months now after coming out of a bad 10 year relationship I just want to take my life back and getting rid of him was step one and this being step 2. I even pleaded with him on this and explained I was not asking him to condone the diet just to sign the form to confirm that my details regarding my health are accurate! He barely even looked at the form!

Still carried on with shakes today as day 2 I dont want to stop I need my ketosis!!! Shall see what they say tomorrow and let you all know

Im still waiting on the form to be returned from me - the DR doesnt even want to SEE me - they just told me to drop the stuff off and pay £10 then collect it in approx 1 week!

O princess I wish! I wouldn't mind paying for it I just want the flipping thing! Well I think all this hassle yesterday wore me out as I have only just woke up and have a headache so think I need a shake and some water before I go and take on the doctors again! Hopefully Ketosis is on it's way may need to go in search of Ketostix today too

Doll you can get the ketostix on Amazon for £5.50 xx

Well i got my form back - my Dr just signed it and my mum picked it up lol - i didnt even need to go in and see him!!!!

Yay - really pleased for you so when you starting? I have just got ready and am in prep to go round to the docs to see whats what but they are closed for lunch now so 2pm I will be banging on the door! lol I hope I can get this resolved today! shall update when I return.

Im back to see my consultant tomorrow so shall be starting on Saturday :) Means my 1st 2 days im off work so that'll be good!!

Hope u get started soon!

Hey guys,

So I went round to the doctors and was advised to make an appointment for next Thursday - apparently the doctor has taken the booklet on advise for doctors away to give it a good read - I am hoping that when I go back he will have educated himself and be able to sign the flipping form! Spoke to CDC she has said she will see me Thursday evening once its signed to stock up on my shakes so fingers crossed all will be resolved. I have enough to carry on until then so I am just going to plod along with it! Shall keep updating on progress in the meantime and put the doctor to the back of my mind for now!

Hows everyone doing today??

Back