Does any one know where I can buy a 'nice' evening dress?

baileys

Hello to all

I am going to a ball in March and have spent the last 6 weeks trying to find a floor length evening dress for my height 5ft 2 and for my size (20) without looking like I am wearing a tent or a bridesmaid dress... I have seen some lovely dresses, but really don't want to spend too much money on one as the weight is still coming off it will probably only get worn once!!

Anyone have any ideas? All help as ever very much appreciated xx

Charity shops sometimes have fab bargains. Try the independent ones such as Hospice shops, because people feel strongly for the cause they tend to donate quality items.
Then you could do a charitable turn by re-donating it back after the Ball.
Good luck. Hope to see some pics. Let us know how you get on.

Independent department stores are often good if you have one locally, you might still get the remnants of the christmas stock now too.

I got mine from TJ Hughes though. Nov 2008 and it cost me £45 I think.

Next go up to size 20, and have a petite section. You might have to find a large shop, or their website, as they tend not to stock over 18 in their normal stores.

Ann Harvey, but they can be a bit frumpy.

SimplyBe have an eveningwear section.

Hope that helps :)

Monsoon have some quite nice dresses, that are slightly over my budget but if you catch them in the sale, or on Ebay, they can be a great bargain!

Or Simply Be, they are pretty good for dresses.

Ebay... definitely try Ebay :) x

I've bought some nice things from Wallis.

I've found stuff in up to 20 in most ofthe ranges in our local one. Although the 20 is large, so you amy need an 18.

They do a petite section too.

They do a lot of really stylish clothes that don't look frumpy at all.

Depends on the budget, but in your position, I'd definitely be looking for monsoon and the like on ebay - ebay is your friend. :)

Back