Does anybody know anything about wasps?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mrs Depp, 13 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

I've noticed over the past few weeks that there are quite a few wasps hovering around my garden. I've watched for a while and they don't seem to be going into the garden shed thankfully, but they're not going anywhere else either.:confused:

It's getting to the point where my insect phobic daughter is too scared to go into the garden because she thinks they'll sting her.:rolleyes::(

Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of them - pleeeeease!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Not sure how to get rid, but I heard there will be more wasps around this year, though dont know why !!!!!

4. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

OMG I hope not! I'm not scared of them but Amy will spend the whole summer indoors if she finds out lol! :rolleyes::D

5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:p:pI know that they sting heheee :confused::D

6. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Oooh! You're cheeky! You made me laugh out loud then! Thanks hunny! xxxx:D

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

8. flirty40greeneyes

I asked KP about what he knew about wasps ... and he said they're yellow and black!

9. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

That Waspinator is sold out Bev, but thanks for the link anyway. :D

KP and Becky - I sort of landed myself into those comments with the thread title didn't I? Very funny though! :D:D

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hahaha poor ole mrs D!!! hope u get your wasps sorted soon. I had a big one in my car the other day thought it was going to sting dd so i had to stop and i killed it. i's say people thought i was mad on the side of the road with a rolled up book smacking everywhere!! dd found it extremely amusing though

11. flirty40greeneyes

12. flirty40greeneyes

Possible Error Detected

Liked the tip of placing bricks wrapped in yellow paper away from where you are and dropping treacle on - so they get stuck in it!

13. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Maybe I should get one of those fly swatters and just run around my back garden like a mad woman.....at least it would take Amy's mind off them! lol :D

LMTO @ Becky swatting the wasp around the roadside!!:D:D

14. totty

totty Personal Trainer

try this....

i would suggest round the back of your shed where your daughter cant see them all buzzing!!! lol

put a bowl of jam or marmilade mixed with washing up liquid in a bowl. the jam attracts them to the bowl and the washing up liquid kills them.

15. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Thanks for the tip Totty! :D:D

16. totty

totty Personal Trainer

welcome ;)

i also have a daughter who has a hissy fit at anything that is small, crawls, flies or just moves in the general vacinity of where she is! LOL:D

17. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Lol most of the time I can cope but it's when we're out in public, she flaps her arms about while turning round in circles and screeching at such a high pitch I'm sure dogs could hear it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D Very embarassing! :eek:

18. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

im really scared of wasps.. i dont know why.. cos its only a little string.. but they terrify me.. im not one to get screamy.. (haha).. but if i see anything flying towards me.. im off..

You'll have to try all these tips out.. and feed back to us.. *feed.. droooooools*

x x x

19. Mrs Depp

Mrs Depp Gold Member

Lol @ Cat! "feed........." :D:D Know how you feel! I could eat a scabby horse and I only like chicken!! :D:D

Will try the tips out and let you all know. :D

20. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Mrs Depp, I have a fear of mice, it is something that I cannot sort out, you would be really surprised by the things that don't worry me, I would do or face almost anything but not a mouse! I moved house once because some field mice came in........ I was like a loon, sad!