Does anybody know anything about wasps?

Mrs Depp

Gold Member
I've noticed over the past few weeks that there are quite a few wasps hovering around my garden. I've watched for a while and they don't seem to be going into the garden shed thankfully, but they're not going anywhere else either.:confused:

It's getting to the point where my insect phobic daughter is too scared to go into the garden because she thinks they'll sting her.:rolleyes::(

Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of them - pleeeeease!

Not sure how to get rid, but I heard there will be more wasps around this year, though dont know why !!!!!

hahaha poor ole mrs D!!! hope u get your wasps sorted soon. I had a big one in my car the other day thought it was going to sting dd so i had to stop and i killed it. i's say people thought i was mad on the side of the road with a rolled up book smacking everywhere!! dd found it extremely amusing though

Maybe I should get one of those fly swatters and just run around my back garden like a mad woman.....at least it would take Amy's mind off them! lol :D

LMTO @ Becky swatting the wasp around the roadside!!:D:D

try this....

i would suggest round the back of your shed where your daughter cant see them all buzzing!!! lol

put a bowl of jam or marmilade mixed with washing up liquid in a bowl. the jam attracts them to the bowl and the washing up liquid kills them.

Thanks for the tip Totty! :D:D

welcome ;)

i also have a daughter who has a hissy fit at anything that is small, crawls, flies or just moves in the general vacinity of where she is! LOL:D

welcome ;)

i also have a daughter who has a hissy fit at anything that is small, crawls, flies or just moves in the general vacinity of where she is! LOL:D

Lol most of the time I can cope but it's when we're out in public, she flaps her arms about while turning round in circles and screeching at such a high pitch I'm sure dogs could hear it! :rolleyes::rolleyes::D Very embarassing! :eek:

im really scared of wasps.. i dont know why.. cos its only a little string.. but they terrify me.. im not one to get screamy.. (haha).. but if i see anything flying towards me.. im off..

You'll have to try all these tips out.. and feed back to us.. *feed.. droooooools*

x x x

Mrs Depp, I have a fear of mice, it is something that I cannot sort out, you would be really surprised by the things that don't worry me, I would do or face almost anything but not a mouse! I moved house once because some field mice came in........ I was like a loon, sad!

Back