• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does anybody use Fromage Frais instead of Mayo with Tuna??

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
ooooo i'd be interested in the answer to that too!

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
S: 21st12.5lb C: 19st10.5lb G: 16st6lb BMI: 43.3 Loss: 2st2lb(9.79%)
I don't! But I know people who use both mixed together, apparently you get the taste of the mayo but less syns, I'm not sure what the mix is ie 1/4 mayo to 3/4 FF or what? Think it's trial and error?!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
S: 18st3lb C: 18st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Ive tried it and to be honest it wasnt nice :(
It was a bit milky?????? I now prefer to syn the extra light mayo or salad cream x

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
I use quark with tuna instead of mayo & it tastes ok to me;)
thanks! will try this......im not a huge mayo fan but like to have something mixed with my tuna if you know what i meanlol!! so will be good to try it and hopefully like it and not have to use syns!

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
S: 18st3lb C: 18st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Or try extra light salad cream hun x

I use fromage frais all the time instead of mayo now. I season it with salt, pepper and parsley and a splash of white wine vinegar or lemon juice, it is nice when mixed with tuna or chicken.

I'll agree it's not a creamy but i think it still tastes nice.

Try it, you might like it!

Ok well I gave it a go & TBH it was fine really.

I mixed some salt & pepper into it & then some chilli flake seasoning thing I have in. Ok so it wasn't all creamy & doesn't have the mayo taste but in a roll it was fine. It was missing something though :confused:

I asked hubby & he said he never even noticed, men :rolleyes:

I think I will add a splash of vinegar next time after reading that though - good tip!!

Spanx

Pea on legs!
S: 16st13lb C: 10st13lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 6st0lb(35.44%)
I agree about the vinegar and pepper. Or, I sometimes have it with pickled red cabbage and a spoonful of the pickling vinegar - yum!

S: 12st6.5lb C: 11st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 0st7.5lb(4.3%)
I used to use my heb of laughing cow light in tuna and maybe chop up some spring onion and green pepper too. Gorgeous creamy cheese tuna. great on a spud or butty. Hope you try this its gorgeous. x

Purple_Star

Silver Member
S: 20st0lb C: 12st11lb G: 11st7lb Loss: 7st3lb(36.07%)
I can't have vinegar so I mix fat free natural yog into my tuna and personally I love it! Just experiment, and see how it goes xxx

I used to use my heb of laughing cow light in tuna and maybe chop up some spring onion and green pepper too. Gorgeous creamy cheese tuna. great on a spud or butty. Hope you try this its gorgeous. x
Do you know I almost tried that!! I thought about it but then thought it would be really gloopy & yucky - but I will definatly try this in future now :)