Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

I don't have the childcare any more so that knocks 500 off for a start. My gas and electric are 90 combined though, yours does seem high (or is mine low?) although I am careful with things - eg slow cooker not oven if possible!

I didn't know a slow cooker was cheaper than using the oven. Think I now have my justification for buying one ;)

Nearly a NSD for me, then I broke a nail so had to have an emergency appointment to get them redone. Fifteen quid down!!!

I did have a NSD yesterday though.

No go for me, firstly had to buy a new backpack for the boy then because I feel cruddy we ordered a takeaway :(

Nsd for me but only cos I spent my money on Saturday so now skint till friday :( prob for the best though or I'd be buying tat I don't really need

I give myself a weekly budget, and always stick to it - I note everything down that I spend (was a jotter, now an app) but I know where my money goes.... OK, some of it is unjustified, but I know where I can cut back when I need to (thanks Mum).. I probably have 2 or 3 NSD's a week, but think a few more might be in order.

When I was married, my ex was terrible with money... so, I had the household budget, and we had pocket money each..... he still spent it on rubbish, but that was his choice, it meant there wasn't money coming out of the account instead - mainly because I took his cashpoint and credit cards off of him, if he NEEDED any more money (petrol etc) then he had to ask me.... I know I sound like a cow - but it got us out of his debt.

Has an NSD today and yesterday. Yesterday we didn't leave the house and already had all food ingredients we needed :) Today I'm back at work but have no brought my card to work so can't sneak anything. Brought my packed lunch and ate breakfast before leaving the house. Didn't buy anything online in lunch as usual and looked up recipes instead :)

urgh. I am having an EPIC fail on the NSD's so far this week.

Yesterday as I was driving out of hte car park at work my windscreen wiper pinged off. So had to replace that. The car lighter/charger thing in my car stopped working and I needed my sat nav yesterday so had to buy a home charger for it. £40 down already. Plus had to fill the car up. £80. Begionning to hate my car. Its bottomless pit of money.

Then today I had to get frylight cos we had run out & I didn't order any with the shopping, its £2.30 a bottle now - Unbelieveable. Plus I had to get some other bits I had forgotton on the shop (all this explains why the shopping was less than £50 this week). I did redeem some nectar points to cover some of it but still another £8.00 spent.

Tomorrow will be another non NSD day as I'll be buying flowers for my dads grave.

Hoping thursday will be okay though!

Went for a walk today with my 2 yr old it was lovely and he walked a fair distance bout 2 miles and only whinged twice not a single penny spent but out for a meal tonight for hubbys b day

Uh not left the house again thought I'd won, but had to send a letter for Mother so hubby spent 90p for me!

I am reading this with interest as I have a terrible tesco habit & as I work shifts in the centre of town I often pop there in my break to get the bargains when they mark stuff down I have just got back from my break spending money on a cucumber, mushrooms, cottage cheese & some frozen peas. I don't have these in as I have a freezer full of batch cooking

I don't consciously set out to do NSDs but during the week they pretty much all are anyway. I do my shopping on a Sunday morning after having planned my weekly menu so i always shop to a list,. Then during the week I take my breakfast and lunch to work with me every day, I have a fruit bowl on my desk and a snack stash in my drawer. Teas, coffee and drinks are all made in-house so no popping out for a latte even though I am based in the city centre. I take the bus to work in the morning but have a pass, and walk home in the evening but there is no temptation to shop en-route. Most days I don't even take my purse to work with me so even if I was tempted, I wouldn't be able to anyway. I get the Metro on the bus so no buying a newspaper and any magazine I read, I get on subscription as you usually get a better price and they are delivered straight to the door. :)

hi id love to be so organised that i cud plan my menus for the week!!any tips on where to start??i cook for me ,hubby,and two (nearly)grown up kids

hi id love to be so organised that i cud plan my menus for the week!!any tips on where to start??i cook for me ,hubby,and two (nearly)grown up kids

I look at what have got going on for the week and how much time etc that will give me to cook. Like tonight son has footie training and I have zumba so need to cook a quick/easy/lightish tea.
I then look at what have in the freezer/cupboards and what can do with that and then order/buy what else I need. Sometimes the meals will vary from what originally planned but it gives a good framework to go by.
There used to be a thread on here about peoples meal plans for the week actually ...I wonder if its still around.......

Today will not be an NSD but for the positive reasons! Will be buying a 4 week countdown at class as it'll save money in the long run AND gets me a free sauce recipe book :D Need to avoid treating myself if I have a loss afterwards though!"

Skulldilocks said:
Today will not be an NSD but for the positive reasons! Will be buying a 4 week countdown at class as it'll save money in the long run AND gets me a free sauce recipe book :D Need to avoid treating myself if I have a loss afterwards though!"

4 week? Thought you could only get 6 or 12? X

You only get the book with a 12 week countdown. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
That's what we've been told anyway.

Actually managed to do my first yesterday... Walked to and from work... Actually took a load of stuff to be donated to the YMCA, had a vintage bottle in there that I wanted to buy, but they gave it me because I had taken so much stuff in... Walked out of work (Sainsburys) and did not buy a thing... Winner!

You only get the book with a 12 week countdown. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
That's what we've been told anyway.
oh noooo, that sucks, I didnt know that. Well, now someone on my group has informed me its next week not this week so now Im more confused. Looks like I'll just be spending for the week then lol

Off out to buy the local paper.It costs .70p but only going to take £1 with me in case it has gone up a couple of pence.I do need the paper today as it's got the house pages in it.:)

So far I still have my £10.:)

You can get house details emailed to you FREE from Rightmove and/or PrimeLocation. Just go to their websites and register and they will send you a daily update of all the properties which match your criteria.

You can choose to get information about houses in your price range, or if you are me, houses which you couldn't afford in a million years but which are fun to look at!!

Back