Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

So you guys were right, 12 week countdown next week = free book, doubt Ill be able to afford that upfront!
Luckily an NSD today!

Gonna have to buy some winter boots for work today, can't face getting soaking frozen feet everyday :( Going to give myself a limit of 15£ though TO PRIMARK!!!

I think for me the object of NSD is to stop frittering, so I can spend on food/petrol/ clothes its the bits that add up, gong to buy potatoes and walking out with potatoes AND mag/drink/candle or whatever!

Shirleen said:
I think for me the object of NSD is to stop frittering, so I can spend on food/petrol/ clothes its the bits that add up, gong to buy potatoes and walking out with potatoes AND mag/drink/candle or whatever!

Exactly this. I go to tesco for milk and bananas and spend twenty quid!

Shirleen said:

Yep I think you are spot on there Shirleen... That's my aim...xx

I guess this is a good way to look at it. Well with that in mind, go shopping for needed boots and not buy any other clothes! lol

ive had 2 nsds in a row mainly because all ive doneis work sleep work but still whoop i could have gone bad and got takeaways to make life easier after my 13 hr shifts but i planned ahead instead and put leftovers from each day last week in freezer so i had a meal to heat every eve

I have had my second nsd today... Bid on eBay but won't know if I have won it til tomorrow, so technically not spent a thing today...

Love this thread and definitely going to take myself off to the car in lunch break - far too easy to spend and eat more with my colleagues......haha they are going to wonder where I've gone lol

HaHa Gettingfit, I LOVE that you have your spending money in your signature! Wicked :D

Constant lurker on this forum (some great threads!) so hoping you'll welcome a non-sw dieter to this thread as I'm in desperate need of the motivation not to spend!! Payday next Wednesday can't come soon enough (and a night out on Saturday already confirmed) means I'm currently sitting in the overdraft so have to curb things next month! Hoping posting on this will make me think twice! Any tips? X

I am another one who think this is a great thread and have read it with great interest.

It has made me very aware of whether I have spent anything durind each day or not.

It has also made me aware of what I spend my money on. I have always considered myself a good manager but now I know I can be a better one.

I haven't spent anything since Monday when I do the shop for Monday to Friday but today I need to buy stuff to see us over the weekend but my shopping list is very different from before this thread.

Day 1 didn't go well. Forgot I needed milk and juice. And was starving so bought cooked meat too. Started using my supermarket to price things though. Planning to shop on Sunday for the week and attempt no food shopping outwith! Pre arranged nights out are excluded! Is £50 pw realistic (just for me!) x

Third NSD for me yesterday, walked to and from work, so no bus fare, even though there was reduced fruit and veg I didn't buy it because we have some already at home... Result...

Third NSD for me yesterday, walked to and from work, so no bus fare, even though there was reduced fruit and veg I didn't buy it because we have some already at home... Result...

That is brilliant cos my downfall is not being able to resist " bargains" that become the opposite because you have duplicated what you already have and end up throwing some away !!

fillymum said:
That is brilliant cos my downfall is not being able to resist " bargains" that become the opposite because you have duplicated what you already have and end up throwing some away !!

It's been mine too because I work part time at Sainsburys, its all to easy to put stuff in that you don't need just because its reduced... Great when you do need it, but I was bringing it when we didn't... Since reading this thread its made me aware of the fact I was...xx

Back