Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

Need to do food shop today or tomorrow but that's essential so doesn't count for nsd! Will be a cheap shop around £20-25 anyway so not too bad. Other than that should have no other spends this weekend :)

excellent. am very behind with the wonder of ebay. what do you sell and how do you work out the postage amount?

I sell all sorts really this week I sold some bras that no longer fit, a couple of ps3/ps vita games for hubby, a foundation that wasn't the right colour for me and a computer part of hubby's.
It can vary for me what I sell, mostly clothes and handbags and the other week I cleared out my shoes too.
on eBay or the Royal Mail website there is a postage calculator so I use that to estimate the costs.

I love using the site and the mobile app is great and really easy to use.
ive not spent anything today and don't intend to lol although our food is looking rather low but we leave for holiday on Sunday so we can make do with what's in :) xxx

I've not spent anything since 15th April :D

Having a fab time in Mexico and tonight meeting a friend from this forum so will have to get some cash out for our meal.
I'm so pleased that we've not had to spend anything for a week now. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hehe slight addiction to mini's going on here me thinks :)

Hope u are having a fantastic time and say hi to texty for me :) xxx

Hehe slight addiction to mini's going on here me thinks :)

Hope u are having a fantastic time and say hi to texty for me :) xxx

Well there's free wi fi so may aswell have a browse whilst chilling x

Shocked.After all what I've had to pay out since moving into this house I have still got £300 left so that's my savings for this month as new month starts tomorrow.:)

That's amazing Hun. Well done x

Oh can I join in please? Hols in 12 weeks and want to save lots of £ss for new clothes, I am going to set a £50 weekly limit

£50 for the week
£30 food (we have so much food in its embarrassing!) but need salad, fruit, bread, milk
£20 emergency money

Whatever I have left will be put into a pot (I already have £36 in there)

A good tip I picked up from Netmums was to once a week transfer the odds in your account into a saving account eg. balance is £17.89 - transfer £2.89, leaving £15.00 in your account - its amazing how quickly these odds add up

Ooh i like that idea! Thanks for sharing :) x

Need a week of nsds as I bought concert tickets on a whim last night. Very excited for the gig but could have done with the money in the account!
Good idea above. my lloyds account used to have a thing called save the change where whenever you spent a part pound on your card eg £10.50 the change from the next pound up (50p in this case) went into the savings account. Don't think natwest do the same but might be worth trying to do it manually combined with the above idea. Work out all your card spends for the week and round each one up to nearest pound transfer that then what's left over and above a round amount transfer that too. Will give it a go next week I think as don't have the money there to spend this one!

Look after the pennies....there must be a reason all our parents and grandparents always say it :)

We have a tv, phone and Internet package with virgin. Just called them to say sky have a cheaper deal and they've reduced our package from £63 to £49!!
Very happy to have saved us some money xxx

I've not long been into Asda and only needed 2 things (new shoes/black tights for my new job) and I can't actually believe it myself but I left the store with only those 2 items. Usually if I pop in somewhere like that for a couple of items I still end up spending loads lol x

How is everyone doing?

Had £40 last week and managed to save £25 of it :)
New week starts today and would love to save another £15-20 if I can.

this saving little bits here and there is great for saving for things, but I would really like to start being able to save a decent chunk every month towards an emergency fund. I read somewhere that everyone should have enough money squirrelled away to survive on for 6-12 months

our problem is as soon as we pay off something big that would be that chunk to put away, we buy something else that then uses it for another year...grr

cavegirl13 - how is your £3k challenge going?

xx

Ok I got paid today, so paid all my bills, saved EUR100 into my Canada savings, paid an extra EUR100 off my credit card and I have a budget of EUR20 a week on food... Totally doable have written my list after researching the bargains and for EUR20 I will get:

3 pineapples
Bag of apples
3 punnets of mushrooms
Garlic
Mince
Jacket potatoes
Tuna
Cheese
Mullerlights x 4
Tom purée
Chopped toms
Rashers
Pepper
Salt.

So that will be my food for the whole week and i bought my months bus pass out of my wages so now no spend days for 7 days eek it's going to be hard but dreaming of moving to Canada makes me more determined!!

Oh wow that'll be amazing. What a goal! Best of luck Hun xx

Back