Does anyone do slimming world online?

AmyToria

Hello all, I know it's been a frightfully long time since I posted last, but I was wondering of anyone paid for the slimming world online subscription and what they thought of it? I've asked for silver membership (coz I have all the food optimising books from when I last went) for my 21st birthday :) Thoughts lovelies?

AmyToria said:
Hello all, I know it's been a frightfully long time since I posted last, but I was wondering of anyone paid for the slimming world online subscription and what they thought of it? I've asked for silver membership (coz I have all the food optimising books from when I last went) for my 21st birthday :) Thoughts lovelies?

It works for some but for me it has to be going to a group ... I always stay for the talk it keeps me motivated and we all share our tips . I have made some fab friends at sw and we go to zumba together :) hm is sw online if its nearly a fiver a week you may as well go to a group better value for money and you will get a new set of books too so the old ones can live in bag or car for help with shopping and meals out you also have access to the syn app on phone and syns online like sw online but you have a sw consultant for guidance and support too

Hmmm, you see I'm a drama student and often have long days of rehearsals, and my group is in a pretty rough part of town (well, Middlesbrough is rough all round lol but more so where they hold the group) I guess I can give it a go for three months and keep the lovely ladies here updated. Thanks for replying hun xxx

AmyToria said:
Hmmm, you see I'm a drama student and often have long days of rehearsals, and my group is in a pretty rough part of town (well, Middlesbrough is rough all round lol but more so where they hold the group) I guess I can give it a go for three months and keep the lovely ladies here updated. Thanks for replying hun xxx

Just because the area is rough doesn't mean you won't enjoy the group sw is for everyone rough or not I think about it this way... people pre judged me because I was fat it was horrible so in essence pre judging a place and the people in it because they may or may not be rough is the same if you get my drift keep open minded you may make some nice sw friends its always easier if your not on your own. And also a lot of groups are run in community centres as they are cheap to hire and community centres tend to be in deprived areas to help the community :)

Oh god no I didn't mean that! I meant its rough for me to walk through alone! Because none of my flat mates need slimming world. I went to the group last year for a whole and it was a good group full of lovely old dears, but leaving at 8pm and going alone through a park was a bit too much.

I use SW online and really like it. I find it really useful for syns and recipes and the diary is handy too. There is not a convenient group nearby and the online service is there 24/7. You can also buy the books from the store if you need them. This is the second time I've signed up and use it for a boost to help me stick to plan.

Oh god no I didn't mean that! I meant its rough for me to walk through alone! Because none of my flat mates need slimming world. I went to the group last year for a whole and it was a good group full of lovely old dears, but leaving at 8pm and going alone through a park was a bit too much.
oh crap see what ya mean you could always go and ask ppl to meet you after or see if anyone at group is walking same way or you may meet someone who can drop you off after :)

Maybe! I'll have to see who's there when I get up there :) it'll be nice to go to group, I found last time that I got a lot of my support here :)

slimmingmadhouse said:
I use SW online and really like it. I find it really useful for syns and recipes and the diary is handy too. There is not a convenient group nearby and the online service is there 24/7. You can also buy the books from the store if you need them. This is the second time I've signed up and use it for a boost to help me stick to plan.

Ah I'm pleased :) as a student laptop and food is most of my day outside of lectures. Do you find your support on here, or is the website quite handy to get advice from? Ah that's good :) I have loads of cookbooks and syn guides from when I last did it, although I'll be sure to check things as it sounds as if there's been a rejig with something's ( like free tomato purée, I'm sure it was synned before) thank you for letting me know how you feel about it. Let me know how your journey goes :)

I've just started online cos my son is severely autistic so getting to a class is impossible! Finding loads of support and advice on here and the sw website:)
Good luck:)

Hiya! I just hate walking down linthorpe to get to parliament road through that parky bit. You hear of too many attacks. That's a shame :( what package did you get? Xx

Kelly0405 said:
I've just started online cos my son is severely autistic so getting to a class is impossible! Finding loads of support and advice on here and the sw website:)
Good luck:)

Ah, I see. Guess its a mixed bag with thoughts really. I'm glad that you are getting a lot of support hun. Good luck, let me know how you're getting on :) xxxx

That was meant to say "the" not "ffs" lol silly iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Haha it's fine! I know all the perils of an iPhone, trying to use the mobile site and not the app is a bloody nightmare lol. Mobile Internet is slow in Thailand!

How have you been doing with the online thing? Good losses? Xx

AmyToria said:
Haha it's fine! I know all the perils of an iPhone, trying to use the mobile site and not the app is a bloody nightmare lol. Mobile Internet is slow in Thailand!

How have you been doing with the online thing? Good losses? Xx

I've lost a stone, but got off track. Really need to get back on plan because it's such a great diet!

missnic07 said:
I've lost a stone, but got off track. Really need to get back on plan because it's such a great diet!

I'm starting again after my 21st birthday. I'm giving myself 12 weeks to lose at least a stone (hopefully more) coz its when my boyfriend gets back from travelling. If you ever need any motivation or someone to just chat to about it all drop me message :) can't wait to get back to my third year at Uni :) it is the best diet I've ever done, I lost weight quickly counting and reducing calories, but it's impossible to uphold!

Hi Amy, I started SW online a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it!! I went to group a few years back but couldnt keep going because of shift work and then fell off the wagon. Now that I'm back on the plan, I'm finding it so easy. Having access to all the tools, syn calculator, recipes, etc., is a great help. I know it's early days but so far I've lost 11lbs in 2 weeks. If you cant make it to group, then online plus support here is just as good.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great.

Teresa x

BrokenAngel thats an amazing loss! Well done! I've just joined online. I tried a group last year but it just doesn't suit me. I'm quiet and take everything seriously, being surrounded by gossiping people laughing and mucking around as they did in my group made me not feel part of things. That makes me sound like a right miserable bore, but it was more of a social rather than slimming club and I was quite disappointed. I agonised for ages about joining online as it is quite expensive, but think the financial investment will make me stick with it. Now I've done it and got myself all set up I actually feel very motivated :)

Back