Does anyone do slimming world online?

Thanks Chloebelle :) I understand how you feel. I've been to several groups over the years and like you, I'm not there for the whole social gossip session, although I'm sure that is what works great for most people. I'm there to learn how to tackle my weight problem and would prefer to have a meeting full of useful information to help me rather than just a half hour of gabbing lol. I originally thought it was quite expensive to join online, then I thought crikey it's only £5 a week, I would spend that on crap in one day in the past lol.

It's great that you feel so motivated, that will definitely help you along the way. I find filling in the food diary every day is great way of making sure you stick to the plan. Also take advantage of the recipe section. I've tried several now and all have been yummy, the latest being Jamaican Chicken, very tasty!!

Good luck with your first week, I'm sure you'll do great :)

Teresa xxx

brokenangel said:
Thanks Chloebelle :) I understand how you feel. I've been to several groups over the years and like you, I'm not there for the whole social gossip session, although I'm sure that is what works great for most people. I'm there to learn how to tackle my weight problem and would prefer to have a meeting full of useful information to help me rather than just a half hour of gabbing lol. I originally thought it was quite expensive to join online, then I thought crikey it's only £5 a week, I would spend that on crap in one day in the past lol.

It's great that you feel so motivated, that will definitely help you along the way. I find filling in the food diary every day is great way of making sure you stick to the plan. Also take advantage of the recipe section. I've tried several now and all have been yummy, the latest being Jamaican Chicken, very tasty!!

Good luck with your first week, I'm sure you'll do great :)

Teresa xxx

Well done on your loss! You've done fantastically! Incase your subscriptions are running out, there's going to be a voucher in reveal magazine (from the 21st) that gives money off membership (it said £35 on the fb thing but not sure as it sounds too good to be true) I'm glad you are both loving it online. I'll admit I'm quite outgoing and loved my group in Medway, but I think I'll do better online in Middlesbrough :) all the slimming world online support sounds great! Can't wait to get started! Xx

I've just started online too as I do shift work and it makes it impossible to go to a meeting. I'm finding it better than I thought I would as I thought I would cheat my way out of the weigh ins, but my family are really supportive and we do our own little weigh ins on a Sunday morning to keep me on track.

I thought that maybe I wouldn't find it disciplined enough, as ultimately I could lie or just not enter my weight if I didn't want to. But I do genuinely feel committed and anytime I've been tempted to nibble I think about my first week weigh in! Saying that, we are eating out today as we have guests which isn't going to help! However much I plan to be good I love restaurants, and once I have a menu in my hand I can't resist. Am going to keep my syns low for the rest of the week to hopefully level out the impact.

Hi Amy Toria.

I love going to group and find it keeps my motivation going listening to everyone's tips and recipes, what they are experiencing etc. I've also made friends there. It's a kind of comradeship; being with people who are all wanting to achieve the same thing. So I wouldn't want to do it online. Apart from the extra expense it would be a bit lonely doing the eating plan indoors on my own.
I understand the fear of walking through hostile territory at night. Your safety is paramount. Can I suggest you have a word with your consultant and see if she can arrange some company for you to walk home with, or for a car owner to give you a lift away from the area after the meeting. Walking through a park is a risky business at night and you are right to feel concerned about that.

soapy x

Hi Amy Toria.

I love going to group and find it keeps my motivation going listening to everyone's tips and recipes, what they are experiencing etc. I've also made friends there. It's a kind of comradeship; being with people who are all wanting to achieve the same thing. So I wouldn't want to do it online. Apart from the extra expense it would be a bit lonely doing the eating plan indoors on my own.
I understand the fear of walking through hostile territory at night. Your safety is paramount. Can I suggest you have a word with your consultant and see if she can arrange some company for you to walk home with, or for a car owner to give you a lift away from the area after the meeting. Walking through a park is a risky business at night and you are right to feel concerned about that.

soapy x

Hi soapy :)
That is exactly what I felt about my group in my own town, that it was a sisterhood, but Uni beckoned haha. I think I am going to try it online as there is a sizeable discount in reveal magazine this fortnight, and if I find it too difficult, Ill ask the C at Middlesbrough group about transport. Thank you for your advice everyone :)
Much love :) xx

is there much difference to the online access that you get with group membership? must be if it costs a bit more. more recipes etc?
thanks

is there much difference to the online access that you get with group membership? must be if it costs a bit more. more recipes etc?
thanks

My wife goes to the group, and use the Online option. I see *lots* more recipies on the Slimming World online site

I joined online and i really don't think it is worth the money. It's far too easy to slip up and go off plan as you don't have to justify your choices to anyone. Going to group is so much better for keeping me on track.

Jenna88 said:
Nope, no support forum for sw online. IMO its very basic for what you get but just knowing I was paying for it was enough to motivate me...that and the fab people on here :)

A support forum is a big omission in my opinion. Especially with it being quite expensive. Thats what is motivating me, that and reading the success stories on here. To be honest, you can freely discuss the programmes here, on official forums they can be a bit North Korea-ish if you dare to criticise the system.

There is a fit4life code you can use till September to take another Fifteen quid off joining if you decide to go for it :)

I went to my first meeting last week but found it a bit uncomfortable. The leader went around the whole room and everybody had to applause everyone and I thought hey that's nice but I'm really wanting to learn something about the SW plan - not that Sharon put on 2 lbs this week 'cos she had a BBQ!

Thinking of signing up on-line instead.

Flymetodunoon said:
I went to my first meeting last week but found it a bit uncomfortable. The leader went around the whole room and everybody had to applause everyone and I thought hey that's nice but I'm really wanting to learn something about the SW plan - not that Sharon put on 2 lbs this week 'cos she had a BBQ!

Thinking of signing up on-line instead.

I did sw online from the beginning but I would say you will gain more knowledge from a class rather than online, even if it's just a snippet each week. Sw online is pretty limited.

I can't get to the groups so have been doing it online. With the support on here it seems to be going ok. Bit hit and miss on whether I fill in food diaries but I have done sw before so not sure its really essential whilst Im losing 3 pound a week

Jens said:
This is bizarre. I don't live in Middlesbrough - but I work there. At the University :cool:

Hehe what area do you work in? I do the PLaRM course hehe!

Flymetodunoon said:
I've bought Reveal Mag today and there is no mention of an offer for money off SW on-line :confused:

Sorry hun, it's today's issue. Slimming worlds Facebook mentioned it xx

Back