Does anyone drink tap water?

I can't stand tap water - the smell of bleach/chlorine makes me heave. mineral water where possible.

i do filter tap water - but even then it has to stand for a while as I still taste /smell some chlorine. The best filter for water I've found is Asda's own Universal - it makes the water taste really OK. Britta isn't as good.

I also buy the 17p Tesco cheapy from time to time.

I drink tap, sometimes hot, sometimes cold, never filtered.

But then again, like Nicole my water is soft, I think its soft in most of Scotland.

Re, bathroom water.... If your bathroom taps are piped into the mains then theres no problem but then it would be the same water and taste the same.

If its piped to a tank in the loft (which is quite common in older properties in particular) then its not recommended for drinking water. If you insist on drinking it I would suggest you take a trip up to your loft and look in the tank, it will either be plastic or metal. It should have a nicely fitting lid to stop stuff falling in and if it doesn't take measurements and go to a DIY store and get one. It is possible once you have looked in the tank you may choose not to drink the water anymore!

I deal with stuff like this for a living so I know what I am talking about and personally if its coming from a tank i wouldn't drink it.

I don't mean to frighten anyone, just think knowledge should be passed on when possible and then you all can choose!

Mags
xxx

Back