Does anyone else do this?

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Well last night I tried on a lovely dress new bought prior to Christmas which I wanted to slim into. Tried it on last night and have to say it didn't look too bad.Another stone and it'll be perfect.Can't wait, that'll keep me on the straight and narrow!

jcjazzy said:
Well last night I tried on a lovely dress new bought prior to Christmas which I wanted to slim into. Tried it on last night and have to say it didn't look too bad.Another stone and it'll be perfect.Can't wait, that'll keep me on the straight and narrow!

Yep lol I have several! I didn't buy them with this intention, they just didn't fit :) however it's a great feeling when it starts to fit!!

me too, got apink dress from monsoon last year as my target dress and just tried it on a couple days ago. i can get it on and zipped half way now, 3 wks ago i couldnt pull it over my hips!!! wonder where itll be in the nxt 3 weeks!! well done xx

...........me too I've done this but I have also bought clothes too small with the intention of slimming into them only to find when I next try them on they are too big!!!!!!xx

I've got a target dress too! I bought it when I first started on Lighter Life... by the time I can fit into it the sun will have probably faded half of it! I have it hanging on the door in our room, so that I can see it every day, and to help motivate me! One day, I will be able to wear it :)

Oh I love doing this, I've some 16 jeans that I can now do up, I'd not be seen out in them yet though, can't wait till they're too big and on their way to the charity shop, roll on size 12 xx

I did buy a dress so I could slim into it and keep trying it on for motivation but......it already fits!! It's a size 18 (I'm a 24) and somehow it already fits so I guess I'll just have to buy another dress, oh poor me!!! :D

I get rid of all my clothes that don't fit very often, whether they're too big/too small. I would like to buy a top from a fashionable store like the ones my friends fit into & feel 'normal'. I like the idea of hanging the clothes up where you can see them :)

Yep i do. 2 summers ago i bought a lovely pair of cargo type trousers in size 18 for a holiday....they were a bit tight at that point. Got them on but they sufocated me. Now 2 years on, i cant even get them past my hips....funny how u dont notice the weight creeping up on you. Every year since bying them ive said "i'll fit in them for this holiday"....this year im saying "they'll be 3 sizes too big by holiday time" lol x

Yup got black dress from monsoon, which is in size 16, I have not been these size for a decade I think !

Back