Does Anyone Else Get Cold?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by m85912, 3 June 2008 Social URL.

1. m85912

m85912 Only a few more pounds...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just wondering if anyone else gets cold while on this diet? I have been sole sourcing for approx 6 weeks and my hands are freezing! This isn't the first occasion its happened. Some say its linked with ketosis? Some say it isnt? Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    yeh hun i think everyone gets cold i was told my cdc and my doc its linked to ketosis so nothing to worry about just wrap up lol xx

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

ive been cold loads on this diet, not so much anymore but some nights i would have a big jacket on me, a duvet, fire lit and the central heating on!!! bf giving out that it was like a sauna!

5. m85912

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    LOL thanks guys!!! Whooo hoo so Im perfectly normal then? LOL

6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont think its a ketosis symptom, I never had it when on high protein diet, I think its more due to the low calories, but yes it is a symptom of VLCD's

I've not had it this week but had it alot about 2 weeks ago and on and off during this diet, not just my hands though a general feeling of needing another jumper etc.

Having said that I suffer with poor circulation anyway so i might be predisposed to this anyway LOL

7. m85912

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    LOL aww poor you! Well I guess that could be another explanation. Just weird when ur body changes and its alien to what you know. Thanks x!

8. BigPants

BigPants Full Member

I started SS yesterday and I am soooooooo cold, my hands are freezing. I don't know why though.

9. m85912

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Awww wrap up! I don't know why either which is why Im asking and open to suggestions! heheheh oh well, least u know ur not the only one! Good luck!!!

10. BigPants

BigPants Full Member

Thanks, I have put my fleece on. Good luck to you, great losses so far.

11. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    hi, i have looked into the cold factor and the information i found makes perfect sense.
    it takes a lot of energy from calories for the body to keep itself warm.
    We are now severely restricting the amount of calories we are giving our bodies so our body puts itself on a budget (so to speak).
    being sensible, the body chooses to use the energy we provide as wisely as possible so concentrates on organ function, brain activity etc and keeps our temperature at a safe level but doesnt bother wasting vital energy over heating to a comfortable level.
    if u only had £1 of gas in ur house u wouldnt bother getting 'warm' would u, u would only bother getting the heat to a bareable temperature. :)
    hope this helps (think i rambled slightly) lol

12. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh, thanks for the info Cheryl that definitely makes sense.

13. m85912

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(33.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for that! It does make sense...and guess what...my hands are still cold! LOL oh well, doesnt bother me to say the least, like I said, just odd but very much worth it!! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.