Does Anyone Else Get Cold?

m85912

Only a few more pounds...
Just wondering if anyone else gets cold while on this diet? I have been sole sourcing for approx 6 weeks and my hands are freezing! This isn't the first occasion its happened. Some say its linked with ketosis? Some say it isnt? Any suggestions?

yeh hun i think everyone gets cold i was told my cdc and my doc its linked to ketosis so nothing to worry about just wrap up lol xx

ive been cold loads on this diet, not so much anymore but some nights i would have a big jacket on me, a duvet, fire lit and the central heating on!!! bf giving out that it was like a sauna!

LOL thanks guys!!! Whooo hoo so Im perfectly normal then? LOL

I dont think its a ketosis symptom, I never had it when on high protein diet, I think its more due to the low calories, but yes it is a symptom of VLCD's

I've not had it this week but had it alot about 2 weeks ago and on and off during this diet, not just my hands though a general feeling of needing another jumper etc.

Having said that I suffer with poor circulation anyway so i might be predisposed to this anyway LOL

I dont think its a ketosis symptom, I never had it when on high protein diet, I think its more due to the low calories, but yes it is a symptom of VLCD's

I've not had it this week but had it alot about 2 weeks ago and on and off during this diet, not just my hands though a general feeling of needing another jumper etc.

Having said that I suffer with poor circulation anyway so i might be predisposed to this anyway LOL

LOL aww poor you! Well I guess that could be another explanation. Just weird when ur body changes and its alien to what you know. Thanks x!

I started SS yesterday and I am soooooooo cold, my hands are freezing. I don't know why though.

Awww wrap up! I don't know why either which is why Im asking and open to suggestions! heheheh oh well, least u know ur not the only one! Good luck!!!

hi, i have looked into the cold factor and the information i found makes perfect sense.
it takes a lot of energy from calories for the body to keep itself warm.
We are now severely restricting the amount of calories we are giving our bodies so our body puts itself on a budget (so to speak).
being sensible, the body chooses to use the energy we provide as wisely as possible so concentrates on organ function, brain activity etc and keeps our temperature at a safe level but doesnt bother wasting vital energy over heating to a comfortable level.
if u only had £1 of gas in ur house u wouldnt bother getting 'warm' would u, u would only bother getting the heat to a bareable temperature. :)
hope this helps (think i rambled slightly) lol

hi, i have looked into the cold factor and the information i found makes perfect sense.
it takes a lot of energy from calories for the body to keep itself warm.
We are now severely restricting the amount of calories we are giving our bodies so our body puts itself on a budget (so to speak).
being sensible, the body chooses to use the energy we provide as wisely as possible so concentrates on organ function, brain activity etc and keeps our temperature at a safe level but doesnt bother wasting vital energy over heating to a comfortable level.
if u only had £1 of gas in ur house u wouldnt bother getting 'warm' would u, u would only bother getting the heat to a bareable temperature. :)
hope this helps (think i rambled slightly) lol

Thanks for that! It does make sense...and guess what...my hands are still cold! LOL oh well, doesnt bother me to say the least, like I said, just odd but very much worth it!! xxx

Back