Does anyone else weigh more than their Partner?

When I started SW in January 2011 I was two stone heavier than my husband. To make it worse he was trying to gain weight and I was trying to lose it so we have both been on very different eating plans. At Sunday's weigh in this week I was only 4lbs heavier as I have now lost a stone and he has gained 10lb. Next week might be the day that I finally weight less than him since got married!

Well done on the weight loss Jane, and fingers crossed that you get to weigh less than him. I have a way to go before I get there with mine, must try harder!

Hi, I know how you feel. When I met my other half 10 years ago I was 6 stone lighter than him. Since then he has dropped a stone and I have gained 4. I loved that he was bigger and stronger than me but now my thighs are bigger than his :cry:

My hubby was 4st lighter than me, now it's just under 2.5st. I will be lighter than him by his 30th in December. I want to sit on his knee and not worry about it.

I can totally relate to the camel issue. When on honeymoon we went kayaking. The heaviest person had to go at the front and the guy told me to sit at the front (I was mortified). At that time I weighed a little less than I weigh now. Hubby is tall (6'2) and thin and I feel like a massive blob next to him - not for much longer! :)

I'm not completely sure - I certainly used to! We are probably around the same at the moment...he is 2.5 inches taller than me though :eek:

I used to weight more than exDH and I was lighter then! He was quite often 10 st something at 6'1''!

For years I was heavier than the hubster but not in the right frame of mind to do anything about it :eek:

When I started losing weight this year it didn't even occur to me that it would be possible to weigh less than him ... as I approached his weight (12st 2lbs) the possibility spurred me on. When I was crossing the 12s into the 11s the cheeky bugger tried to drop a few pounds himself and did actually cross into the 11s before me :mad: but I soon caught him up and now he's back at 12st 2lbs and I'm 11st 12lbs.

I am still using his weight as an incentive to keep going ... never again am I going to weight more than him!

its not the fact that i weigh more than my BF that annoys me....its the fact that he can fit in to my size 10 jeans from back in the day, and i cant! :mad:

I weigh a few pounds more than my bf too. I hate it. I too wish I could sit on his knee without squashing him lol. But ultimatly I really want him to be able to pick me up like I see on tv and in the movies - I have never been that light for a man to pick me up!!

My bf is a body builder and can go ages without even eating where as I want to eat everything in sight esp when im feeling down! He's so fit and im the opposit - I sometimes wonder what people must think of us!!! lol

I weigh a few pounds more than my bf too. I hate it. I too wish I could sit on his knee without squashing him lol. But ultimatly I really want him to be able to pick me up like I see on tv and in the movies - I have never been that light for a man to pick me up!!

My bf is a body builder and can go ages without even eating where as I want to eat everything in sight esp when im feeling down! He's so fit and im the opposit - I sometimes wonder what people must think of us!!! lol

My partners father (a man not known for his tact) when told he had been invited to a fancy dress party suggested Laurel and Hardy :cry:

my hubby was always lighter than me, i've always wanted to do a wives exercise as he is in the army but always been too big to fit in his uniform. i'm now 2 stone lighter than him and can fit in his kit. im signed up for the wives exercise in july and i cant blooming wait. its taken 11 years but i knew i would do it one day :)

I started off about 4 stone heavier and am now around 2 lighter. It feels like a massive achievement to be lighter than him, it's never happened before!

I have always weighed more than my partner, he isnt skinny by all means. I do get frustrated when he seems to eat and eat and not put weight on as easily as me! We eat the same meals but he usually has pudding or supper which involves chocolate! However he loves me for me, when we first met I was heavier than I am now and he never commented negatively.

Beegee said:
I started off about 4 stone heavier and am now around 2 lighter. It feels like a massive achievement to be lighter than him, it's never happened before!

Wow! 6 stone lost is amazing!
I have never been able to get hubby on the scales, but i suspect he's probably bigger than me. But , he is following plan at home - basically cos otherwise he would starve - and he is losing far quicker than me - it began to annoy me for a while (even found myself adding sneaky syns into his meals - am i a really horrible person?!?). Then he got into a 34 inch waist pair of jeans & i was so proud for him i gave myself a slap & calmed down about it. I just realised it wasn't about anyone else but me.

I always weighed more than my hubby. He's 5'11" anD I'm 5'2". He's only 11stone 7lb and at one stage I was 16stone 7lb, it was my dream to weigh less than him.
Now that I'm 9 stone, I love that he weighs more than me.

My husband weighs only 10 lb heavier than me but we both are doing slimming world together and he alway looses weight faster so I'm dreading the day when his scales are lower ( the way he is going this will probably be in about 5 weeks) my weight loss is around 3 lb a month his is around 6/7 I feel like putting weights in the hems of his trousers when we get weighed lol

I reckon I currently weigh about 4 stone more than my husband, and that's after losing nearly 2. He's always been pretty skinny, rarely going over 11.5 stone, but he's been sick lately and is worryingly thin at the moment. I sure hope he finds it easy to put some weight on when he's better, coz 9.5 stone isn't a good look for a man of nearly 6 foot!

As for me, well I put weight on just by looking at food, but I've been slimmer than him before and I will again - although probably not if he sticks to his current weight!

Like some of the rest of you have said, I'd love to be able to sit on his knee and not worry about his legs giving way beneath me, or for him to pick me up in a big bear hug some day. Having said that, right now I just want him to get well and his strength back, and I'll worry about fattening him up and sitting on his knee at a later date.

My boyfriend weighs about 20lbs less than me! I honestly hate it more than u can image. When we met I was a stone thinner than him, that was fine, as he is fairly slim ( he's an exercise freak! But eats s**t!!) we had pics taken recently at my birthday, I didn't no they were being taken, but on one he is stood infront of me, so u can see his body from behind but u can still see my giant hips sticking out! Lol I've lost 8.5lbs since that picture. Have another 38 to loose. I no my bf doesn't care how I look but it really really bothers me. I to want my boyfriend to pick me up like in the movies :) just because he can lol. O well onwards and downwards as they say! By Christmas I want that weight gone! And I no I can do it! I'm doing SW at the mo and it's fab!!!! Good luck to all you beautiful ladies! U will be smaller than ur men soon :) xx

I also weigh more than my partner. When I started in Jan I was 6st heavier an now I am 3st heavier. He can eat what he wants and never gain although he is trying to put some weight on. He has always known what I weigh and he has always been lighter than me. He is very supportive of me trying to loose weight but never made me feel bad when I was at my biggist.

I'm not sure I will ever be lighter than my boyfriend!

I remember him weighing himself on my home scales once and shouted how much he weighed. All I caught was something 10 and a half to which I replied but my scales don't show half pounds. Then it dawned on me - he was under 10 st! 9.12.5! Anyway he has now put on a bit of weight (and looks loads better for it), so he is now between 10-10.7. My goal weight is 10.5 so will be roughly the same when I get there!

At least I wont be 5st heavier!! Like others have said, use it as a positive. Set yourself a goal and imagine how you will feel when you achieve it - Amazing!

Keep at it!

xx

Back