Does Anyone else...?

monkeypants

buy smaller clothes when they are an absolute bargain on sale, for when you reach your goal weight?

I have about 3/4 dresses still with the tags on that are too small to squeeze into.

I'm probably crazy but it's good motivation for me!

Yes I do that, i buy a pair of jeans a size smaller and make that my goal. That's what makes me more focused.

I do that sometimes, simply because I think if I buy it in my size now and then lose weight it won't fit any more, and what if they stop selling it by the time I am slim enough?! Hahahaha

I did do that a bit but realised I have no idea what size I'll be so it's pointless!

you should donate your "fat clothes" to charity so you cant go back to them

Ive done that. It was the most amazing feeling ever!

I did that last time i lost weight, however this time im saving my money for when the weight has gone and having a huge spree for a new wardrobe. Because i might change my style, so i see no point in spending on something i may not like in a few months.

Roll on the shopping spree!!

Yes indeed. Last year when I lost 4 stones, I would buy one or two items in a smaller size (on sale of course) and try them on once a week until they fitted.
My friend was also dieting and she is heavier than me so as my clothes became too big for me, I would pass them on to her.
So all in all we were both delighted because she didn't need to buy new clothes and I had the pleasure of passing on those which were too big.
As I started off as a size 20/22 and am now 14/16, there really is no going back for me now!

I do that sometimes, simply because I think if I buy it in my size now and then lose weight it won't fit any more, and what if they stop selling it by the time I am slim enough?! Hahahaha

So funny, I do this too, if it's something I really like! :D

i bought a fair few clothes in a size 16, cos that's what i thought i'd be at the end of my diet. however, since i was last a size 16, vanity sizing has gone mad, and size 16s are now much bigger than they used to be. subsequently, i'm still two stone off goal and all the 16s fit me now (and some are too big!). i can't possibly get enough wear out of them all before i shrink out of them to justify what i've spent (even getting them in sales or on ebay).

The moral of my story? don't buy too many til you get there!

Spangles, isn't it nice though that they are now too big? Even if you did buy too many, better that you are in a size 14 and giving them away rather than them fitting you or even being too tight!

Well done on coming so far:D

thanks - yes, i think it's what they call a 'high-quality problem'...:D

yes i do that. I have about 2 iteams. I have a dress but its only one size smaller then what i am so im hoping by a couple of months i will fit into it propley. i do fit in it but its a bit tight across the bust and i also have a top that is a size smaller then i am . its again tight on the bust but hoping by summer time it will fit nicely on me. it gives me the motivation! x

Back