Does anyone exercise on S&S

1bigfatloser

Hi! Sorry if I am being annoying with lots of questions but I wondered what the rules on exercise were for S&S? Exante says 20 mins per day whereas the like of Cambridge Diet used 2 tell me not to do much if I could help it....I have a running machine and wanted to aim for minimum 20 mins walking per day...is this okay? And is it recommended for faster weight loss?

The best way to learn is asking questions, im only very new to the diet myself so dont actually know the answer, but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice :)

I surpose everyone is different. Me myself don't as I don't have the energy to be perfectley honest. But, see how you go I'd say :D
Jackie xx

when i did Cambridge and was having 600 calories a day plus i was walking all day which came in at 3 miles (Through my work, and walking from one end of the village to the other) and i ended up well feeling really funny, after 2 weeks on a sunday night i ended up being sick and shaking non stop that my OH made me eat, i was burning the little calories i was having with walking and didn't do my body any good, maybe that's me.

Just saying i think that it takes a while for your body to get use to the diet so a couple weeks in then made intro exercise that's what i got told.

Okay great, thanks for the replies. I am normally quite active, have been running 5k per day last few weeks and generally do a bit of running and spin classes but I was thinking just 20 mins light walking and having half a shake straight after as my last meal of the day. I will see how I go as Id rather be doing something to keep me active than just stop altogether. Thanks everyone x

The recommendation is not to do much exercise for the firat 2 weeks on a VLCD while your body adjusts. After that you can start exercising but listen carefully to what your body tells you and don't exercise too strenuously. I have just joined curves and intend doing that 3-4 times a week. Other then that I take my dogs for walks. The main thing is to keep hydrated (you need to drink 3l water with S&S and more if you exercise) and don't do too much.

Thanks for that chick. I will take it slow and I drink like a fish anyway so I definately will never be dehydrated! Ill let you know how I get on :) x

I'm glad you asked. I have been having PT sessions once a week since the start of the new year and love them so don't really want to stop. I think I will stop my other 3 gym sessions for now and maybe add them back in slowly.

Back